Really simple Trick for better hearing your Tulpa

Guest Anonymous

Question

Guest Anonymous

Hey, guys.

Sooo, yeah, this is obviously just a little "trick", not even really that.

But it's really helpful.

This is obviously just useful for communicating with your tupper in actual words, not ideas or feelings or so.

Basically - when you think, even though there's nothing to hear with your actual ears, you still sort of "hear" your thoughts, so to speak.

Basic stuff, everyone knows that.

And you can make it seem to yourself as if you hear your thoughts "off-center".

Hard to describe, but just try and think some random sentences to yourself and try to make your mindvoice "move around" in your head.

From what I've seen on the forums, in most cases, this (outside tulpamancy and things like it very pointless) phenomenon seems to be what people refer to when they describe "where" their tulpa's mindvoice comes from.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about...

... well, for example, try imagining the sounds of multiple explosions all around you.

It's just thoughts, but it still seems as if the imagined sounds come from different directions around you, right?

That's the thing I'm referring to here; you can do the exact same thing with your verbal thoughts too, of course.

So if you have trouble hearing your tulpa, then just think "somewhere else" in your headspace than your tulpa.

In our case:

Esterina's mindvoice is in the back, so I just have mine be in the front.

Makes it easier to avoid confusing something she said to me with me just having a random thought, and also helps in avoiding drowning each other out in a conversation.

That's all, really.

Greets,

AG

I don't mean to offend, but I know for a fact that it doesn't really work with me. I can't really signal 'where' my tulpa is, rather, she is nowhere and everywhere. You can't confirm God is a thing nor can you confirm religion is fake, tulpamancy is jut the same. Isn't it just a placebo you're inducing in this case? Why do you exactly need to make it apart who's doing what, if I may ask? This is coming from someone who spent a good while in introspection, for some people, it doesn't necessarily work. My tulpa will talk if she feels like it, I don't really understand what it means to 'locate' a tulpa that is not talking simply due to the fact you want to hear them. What if they just want a while of rest if your mind is clogged up? Don't you think that then, it would be a bit selfish to keep on trying to locate that mindvoice? I'm someone who'd die for his tulpa but sometimes she needs to rest after a tough day or if she feels too many emotions at once. I saw someone making the claim one of their tulpa was in the hypothalamus when you can't actually 'feel' your brain's filaments, you can feel pressure but nothing too 'material'. Again, no offense, but I just don't understand this tip if the tulpa, say, doesn't feel like doing it, or just wants to chill back. Upon inspecting this whole thing, it would go down if the tulpa actually wants to exist in the host's cognition at a specified moment or just rest. For instance, I'm very sick now and my tulpa's just moaning the hell out of her existence and making witty comments, but I can barely hear anything since my mind is jello now.

A wise man once said: 'Before judging a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away, and you've got new shoes.'

Graced are those who could avoid this phenomenon. This is perhaps the worst expression of evil in humanity's history, but who am I to judge?

Guest Anonymous

I don't mean to offend, but I know for a fact that it doesn't really work with me. I can't really signal 'where' my tulpa is, rather, she is nowhere and everywhere. You can't confirm God is a thing nor can you confirm religion is fake, tulpamancy is jut the same. Isn't it just a placebo you're inducing in this case? Why do you exactly need to make it apart who's doing what, if I may ask? This is coming from someone who spent a good while in introspection, for some people, it doesn't necessarily work. My tulpa will talk if she feels like it, I don't really understand what it means to 'locate' a tulpa that is not talking simply due to the fact you want to hear them. What if they just want a while of rest if your mind is clogged up? Don't you think that then, it would be a bit selfish to keep on trying to locate that mindvoice? I'm someone who'd die for his tulpa but sometimes she needs to rest after a tough day or if she feels too many emotions at once. I saw someone making the claim one of their tulpa was in the hypothalamus when you can't actually 'feel' your brain's filaments, you can feel pressure but nothing too 'material'. Again, no offense, but I just don't understand this tip if the tulpa, say, doesn't feel like doing it, or just wants to chill back. Upon inspecting this whole thing, it would go down if the tulpa actually wants to exist in the host's cognition at a specified moment or just rest. For instance, I'm very sick now and my tulpa's just moaning the hell out of her existence and making witty comments, but I can barely hear anything since my mind is jello now.

D...Dude.

This is literally just about yer headspace.

How literally everyone out there ever is capable of thinking and "hearing" their own thoughts in different "places" in their head.

That's all this is about.

I don't see at all where your wall of text came from in terms of context and dramatizing... O.o

No offense, but I'm legit confused.

Greets,

AG

Mhh, it is an interesting idea for sure. But I see a few issues with your describtion of it.

First off: How do you get a good idea of where the voice comes from? Can you simply try to assign a rough direction?

I'm not sure how many people can relate to directionial concept of their mind outside of anything wonderland or imposition related,

but I see how trying to achieve something like this helps, kind of. I would like of you could add a little exercise to get an idea about it, but this is really optionial. (Especially for a tip/trick)

Esterina's mindvoice doesn't sound at all like me, but when I have my own come too closely from the same position as where hers comes from, then it can get confusing and I sometimes plain and simply won't hear her.

I'm kinda affected of this myself, and I would describe both our voices as "central" right now. Well I will try your tip myself and see how it works out.

If you clean up your textstyle a bit, and clear up the "locating the mindvoice of the tulpa", I think it is worth approving for the tips&tricks section.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

D...Dude.

This is literally just about yer headspace.

How literally everyone out there ever is capable of thinking and "hearing" their own thoughts in different "places" in their head.

That's all this is about.

I don't see at all where your wall of text came from in terms of context and dramatizing... O.o

No offense, but I'm legit confused.

Greets,

AG

Well, uh, what about people who can't really know? When you come to think of it, tulpas don't really have one set definite 'manifestation' site in your head. I don't even know what it really means to 'locate thoughts in your headspace. I'm not really personally capable of 'locating' thoughts, they just are and my tulpa sounds different and stuff. A tip should typically be valid for all people instead of one specific group, isn't it a bit of a generalization to claim that everyone can 'feel' their thoughts and locate where they are? Like, no offense but can you locate where the thought of what you had for breakfast or something? Sorry I just really don't understand and am very confused by the point of all of this. You're kind of just neglecting everything I said about the whole tulpawantstorest thing and just running to how confused you are by the reply itself (how long it is doesn't affect my point...), maybe the tulpa might not even feel like talking. But sorry, maybe you know more than me about tulpas.

A wise man once said: 'Before judging a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away, and you've got new shoes.'

Graced are those who could avoid this phenomenon. This is perhaps the worst expression of evil in humanity's history, but who am I to judge?

Guest Anonymous

Well, I described what I mean.

It's hard to put it in different words.

You can sort of listen to your own thoughts, right? And to your tupper's mindvoice, of course.

And one is able to make it seem to themselves as if that thought comes more from the right, left, front, whatever.

Of course it's not physically the case (it's just thoughts, after all), but at least to me, saying "in my head" is the best analogy I can think of right now.

It's kinda hard to put in words, but I sorta assumed that people would simply know what I mean.

This doesn't even have anything to do with complicated tulpamancy stuff and all that, it's just some random thing one can do that normally serves no purpose.

Any ideas on how to put it in better words, then?

Greets,

AG

You're kind of just neglecting everything I said about the whole tulpawantstorest thing and just running to how confused you are by the reply itself (how long it is doesn't affect my point...), maybe the tulpa might not even feel like talking. But sorry, maybe you know more than me about tulpas.

Because this has nothing to with the tip at all, I don't even know where you get the idea about it. This has nothing to do with forcing your tulpa to talk or alike. If your tulpa doesn't feels like talking, fine. This is just a directional concept to get a better distinction for communication per mindvoice. And that's really all.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

Well, I described what I mean.

It's hard to put it in different words.

You can sort of listen to your own thoughts, right? And to your tupper's mindvoice, of course.

And one is able to make it seem to themselves as if that thought comes more from the right, left, front, whatever.

Of course it's not physically the case (it's just thoughts, after all), but at least to me, saying "in my head" is the best analogy I can think of right now.

It's kinda hard to put in words, but I sorta assumed that people would simply know what I mean.

This doesn't even have anything to do with complicated tulpamancy stuff and all that, it's just some random thing one can do that normally serves no purpose.

Any ideas on how to put it in better words, then?

Greets,

AG

I, uh, kind of start to get the whole point of this, but the issue is that to me, it personally comes off as forcing your tulpa to talk if they're not talking. Maybe it's just me, but I never really had to 'make' my tulpa talk aside from saying "hi" "hey what's up" (and getting "you are what's up"). I am not really saying that it is making your tulpa talk, but it sounds like in the case your tulpa isn't actually talking, it might be for a good reason. Sometimes your mind needs rest, sometimes the tulpa itself needs some rest, sometimes they're just bored or want to sleep. I'm not trying to debunk anything, I just really want to understand (even though I am no GAT member this could turn out better than expected). So, let's say my tulpa is being inactive, like when I just woke up one hour ago. Should I try to locate 'where' her mindvoice is in my head? I'm really not trying to tell you what to do and what not to do, you seem to have some good experience from my point of view, but is that how it would work?

Because this has nothing to with the tip at all, I don't even know where you get the idea about it. This has nothing to do with forcing your tulpa to talk or alike. If your tulpa doesn't feels like talking, fine. This is just a directional concept to get a better distinction for communication per mindvoice. And that's really all.

B-But my main concern issues from this specific part of the tip:

So, maybe you're among those who sometimes have problems with properly hearing your tulpa.

From my own experience, my own tulpa doesn't really do that. I understand THIS, though:

Or maybe you have that problem where it's hard to differentiate whether what you heard was really your tulpa or not' date=' and not just some random thought of your own.[/quote']

Now, that is something I can understand in some cases when the host and the tulpa aren't really grown enough already to make the difference between their own thoughts. But I just don't understand the former... what if my tulpa ISN'T talking? I mean, what if my tulpa isn't actually trying to reach to me? I mean, how would I know that it's really her and not something I am trying to impose?

That's kind of the whole point. Even then I believe that no matter what 'relevance' it has to the tip, if he knows something and I don't, I'd like to know what he means.

Well it made sense to me. My tulpas are all very explicitly "on the right side" of my mind unless they choose to move elsewhere, which is generally uncomfortable or makes it harder to focus on them. Which is weird as heck I'm sure, so I understand how this could make no sense to some people.

I honestly don't know if I can test this myself. I'm wondering if a not-well-developed mindvoice can be separated with this technique, or if it only seems like it's possible when your tulpa is already capable of speaking just fine.

And no offense, but "What if your tulpa doesn't want to speak?" is completely off topic and not reason at all to discredit a tip on how to hear them better. Basically all tulpamancers will have a point where they can't hear their tulpa well, at least for a single period of time early on if not more often.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

And no offense, but "What if your tulpa doesn't want to speak?" is completely off topic and not reason at all to discredit a tip on how to hear them better. Basically all tulpamancers will have a point where they can't hear their tulpa well, at least for a single period of time early on if not more often.

None taken. There isn't actually any way to know if the tulpa 'wants' to speak when you can't hear them well. Didn't anyone ever think about how tulpas sometimes just turn off and stop talking at first stages of the whole development steps. If I cannot hear my tulpa, it's because she doesn't want to speak, and when I was a bit younger it was just her chilling out and intervening when things got interesting for her. I think that it sets a good problematic here since you don't KNOW IF THE TULPA WANTS TO SPEAK, regardless if it's off-topic to you, it has some sort of relation with the whole ideal. The way I understood this way: You can't hear your tulpa well ----> You locate them in your headspace ----> Ta-dah they talk. I am not questioning the legitimacy of what has been said, I mean, if it works for you folks then that's all good, but there is no assurance. I understand that in contrast people might declare 'well you don't know if your tulpa is actually existent in the first place', but since I personally do and am basing my argument off my personal experience, that's that. My point is that if the tulpa is just resting/wants to sleep or something/IS asleep/just doesn't feel like talking... doesn't this method kind of spoil that? Does it make them go active again? The whole ordeal is that I can't understand what good this may do. You could just wait it out like most people without fearing not talking to your tulpa for a while. IF it's for the better, if it happens just naturally without you upsetting the tulpa... why? I read None's guide on revival and stuff (and I can say it works well enough but I knew about it from my own experience, sorry if I'm flaunting my dick), it's pretty good and makes sense. But what's this?

Guest Anonymous

But I just don't understand the former... what if my tulpa ISN'T talking?

... then... uhm... then your tulpa isn't talking...?

I don't know what you want me to say here.

Maybe you misunderstood the part about not being able to hear the tulpa well?

That isn't about forcing your tulpa to talk - and to be honest, I have no idea how you got that impression.

... like, really, I have absolutely no idea what you're going on about there... O.o

It's about when you talk with your tulpa, you could have trouble understanding them correctly, or you might completely miss that your tulpa said anything at all, or you could mistake it for a random thought of your own.

Happens to me a lot when I'm tired.

And it also happens to me when I talk in the same "place" in our headspace as she does; we drown each other out, and I start not hearing her well, leading to a bunch of "What did you say?" - meaning just mind-talking in a different "place" than her solves that for us.

Greets,

AG