New site layout discussion thread.

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I have not seen any thread regarding this, and would like to see what other people think of the layout idea. To new friends, Pleeb and Amadeus have been designing a new version of the site for some time. Test versions of the new site design can be found here:

Pleeb also made a list of stuff he wanted in a pastebin, here. Missing stuff: Amadeus's layout, since he removed his imgur album from his signature, the layout Pleeb was linking to in the #tulpa.layout channel (on irc.rizon.net) a few months back (which was in his personal pastebin, IIRC), as well as any IRC logs from that time.

You can access the .layout channel here

And remember: you're here forever

Register and post on the test forum, add sigs, etc. to fill up the test boards!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yep, we should have a live preview up by the end of this weekend in a perfect world (images are still being worked on).

As well, our current hosting is kind of being dropped, but I have invested in a new host (hoping they can handle our services, if not we'll have to find out what else we can do), and I may be migrating us to those new servers this weekend as well -- it will either go epically, and things will be better, or we'll have A LOT MORE server 500 errors. Time will tell!

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

I really like the test homepage. It's more concise and feels like a true introduction.

The homepage we have now is scattered, e.g., FAQ_man, Tibetans, Guides, and Contact info. Not to mention the weird punctuation spacing and "acertain."

Over all, I'm really hyped for the new layout!

The test homepage seems a little bright to me, but that could just be my sensitive eyes. The test forum page actually looked very nice though.

Tulpa: Mary

Sex: Female

Began 11-16-12

Stage: Sentient- working on a voice

^

I agree with this.

Though it's not that I think the homepage is too bright in an "it hurts my eyes" kind of way; I just think it looks a little too... I dunno; welcoming.

But yes, the forum page looks fine.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

Guest Anonymous

I personally find the forums a bit too dark, so I negated a screenshot, and did the same with the start page. I noticed a disturbing lack of subreddit on that start page as well. And the little logo in the tab of the main page is different one that is one that page.

1159797807_vO3VNF51546_negate1.thumb.png.f157f89ca1ee3a5eec5e84edc7bcc6ee.png

1331508746_tpUvrPh1395_negate1.thumb.png.bdb21f0cd66a0a7e81b144ce9761ba6d.png

I honestly like that a lot better.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

Guest Anonymous

Shit stain brown it is then. But for srs: There should be a night/day mode for viewing during those times, like what Reddit Enhancement Suite has.

>referencing reddit

>watch out gaise we gotta cool kid here

I hate the logo font, and in my opinion the only changes .info should have is the color scheme ._. My damn EYES

JIMMY Y DID YOU VOMIT ORANGE JUICE ON .INFO

fourfiction, the idiot.