new tulpa videos

solarchariot

I have been contemplating making a video. I want information, support, or pushes for doing or for not doing a video...

If I did a video, I want it to be informative, without necessarily going over everything that's already available, and I would want to give credit to other videos.

If I did a video, it would be my voice, maybe even this ugly mug, which means everyone will actually know me, which is ultimately okay, but only because I don't want to do a computer voice, and I am not going splice in anime, not because I don't like anime, but because copy rights, and because I don't know how good I am at editing, but I am interested talking about my experience and it seems to have more validity if I present myself...

I don't know. Are there too many tulpa videos? Should I make fun of that person who made an anti tulpa video?  Should I get jean Luc to narrate and I just lip sync to him? :)

I didn't know that there was an anti tulpa video going around, could you link it?

I don't think that there are too many tulpa videos going around, in fact I don't think that there are nearly enough, most of the videos that I've seen on the subject are either extremely surface level, or wrong. So it would be nice too see some more videos of higher quality.

Also, what would you be going over in the video?

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

Now, mind you Bre, I don't agree with her. Even if I argue for her view point, I don't like the arrogance in tone or language. She clearly thinks anyone who engages in this is 'stupid.' Says as much.

I do appreciate her fear of exploring the unkown. Like remote viewing, but I see it like this. If I come across a TV set and i turn it on and the first thing I experience is a horror movie, I do not conclude TV's are evil! In this universe there is good, there is bad, there is a whole hell of a lot of neutral, and you channel what you want to channel.

Do not side with Tumblr against that video. Basically everything she said (I didn't watch the video) was probably true, for the tulpamancy "community" on Tumblr. You should be emphasizing Tulpa.info and /r/tulpas and how we take a scientific approach to the phenomenon, unlike Tumblr and smaller communities on the internet. Literally, differentiation from the "bad" tulpa communities would be the most helpful thing to put out there. People have already heard plenty of bad that they're not going to just say "Oh, guess it was all fake" about - we need to tell them the more respectable communities are practically unrelated to what terrors you hear of in mainstream stuff. The classic issue of people finding out about tulpas from creepypastas and all that.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Eesh. I just watched the video. She keeps going to "it's crazy!" and "I literally don't understand", but those aren't... reasons? It's all meant as a reaction video, but she's preying on small communities. For many people, this video will be their first and perhaps only exposure to tulpas. Talk about a lack of social responsibility.

I'm all for any material you produce. Maybe just include your lower body/hands or something? It might be a bad idea to jump right in with a face reveal, unless you're comfortable. I wish we had a big tulpa system on YouTube, just to normalize the experience and show that, no, possession isn't like The Exorcist. I personally watch Jeremy: An Alternative Perspective (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1GhA-4qfuIDCWfdoE3XHgg) and some other DID system channels just because I crave representations of plurality. Their channel also has quite a few videos on plurality-related concepts, though of course DID systems tend to approach everything through the lenses of a traumagenic origin.

-Jamie

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

Now, mind you Bre, I don't agree with her. Even if I argue for her view point, I don't like the arrogance in tone or language. She clearly thinks anyone who engages in this is 'stupid.' Says as much.

I do appreciate her fear of exploring the unkown. Like remote viewing, but I see it like this. If I come across a TV set and i turn it on and the first thing I experience is a horror movie, I do not conclude TV's are evil! In this universe there is good, there is bad, there is a whole hell of a lot of neutral, and you channel what you want to channel.

When I watched the video, I wasn't upset or offended by what I watched. She just stumbled upon Tulpamancy, tried to do some research, and then posted her honest beliefs. (Ranger kept giggling throughout the video).

It makes sense that she would read "possession" as "demonic possession" , (even though she doesn't know the more significant version of Tulpa control is switching!) because the only other meaning American society offers is demonic possession. I also think she makes some good points and healthy criticisms towards the Tulpamancy community, including how some Tulpamancers claim DID and Tulpamancy are anything alike. I also wonder if the "dog post" was referring to a MLP Tulpa, not a dog, but I agree that that post sucks.

Making fun of her would come of as vain and make you look bad. Instead, explaining the misconceptions she had about Tulpamancy and how Tulpamancy changed your life would be a more appropriate response video, but you don't really need to point a finger at this person and talk about how wrong she is. In all fairness, her perspective is the majority of regular people who have no experience with Tulpamancy.

Meow. You may see my headmates call me Gray or sometimes Cat.

I used to speak in pink and Ranger used to speak in blue (if it's unmarked and colored assume it's Ranger). She loves to chat.

Our system account

Do not side with Tumblr against that video. Basically everything she said (I didn't watch the video) was probably true, for the tulpamancy "community" on Tumblr. You should be emphasizing Tulpa.info and /r/tulpas and how we take a scientific approach to the phenomenon, unlike Tumblr and smaller communities on the internet. Literally, differentiation from the "bad" tulpa communities would be the most helpful thing to put out there. People have already heard plenty of bad that they're not going to just say "Oh, guess it was all fake" about - we need to tell them the more respectable communities are practically unrelated to what terrors you hear of in mainstream stuff. The classic issue of people finding out about tulpas from creepypastas and all that.

Nicely said, Tewi, and it suggests the kind of tone and reverence for opposing beliefs or thoughts, that I generally strive for, but this helped clarify it a little further... See, group think isn't always bad! But the quality is group dependent... Thank you for this part. I agree with Cat, a competition video isn't good, and I don't think I was going to go there, but I was considering referencing it so there is balance... so I will be watching the DID videos J+C... Thank you. I suppose, if, when, I do this, I will post the link...

QUANDRY: I definitely want to credit/reference tulpa-info, because it has hugely impacted my life, the people here, the site, and yet, I am also participating at a greater level, and so there is some incredible pressure to really be excellent, and I could certainly see how I could just be that 'crazy' guy... so for example, I posted a UFO video. Neighbors were included, and though we didn't say absolutely it was a UFO, well, we were all thinking that... I am now of the opinion what we saw was Venus, which also coincided with police helicopters flying in circles over our neighborhood, and so I don't want to take the video down, not because it's bait, but because here is clearly an example of how things can be mistaken... I suppose there is no way not to be judged, which again, just means the level of excellence has to be up there...

I have been contemplating making a video. I want information, support, or pushes for doing or for not doing a video...

Do it!

Should I get jean Luc to narrate and I just lip sync to him? :)

Yes.

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

Guest LanceReilyn

Ultimately, there are still people that think the world is flat. You can only put out your video and let the internet do with it as it will. I'm sure if you do the best you can, if even a few find it as a valuable resource and/or it sparks their interest and we get a few more in the community, sounds like mission accomplished.

There's a saying about trying to win internet arguments (which I shall not repeat because it involved the Special Olympics and is offensive).. It's just not worth it. I can tell you from simple psychological confirmation bias and the backfire effect that it is a very well researched and documented phenomenon that people have this annoying habit of still embracing their original, even if flawed, views and opinions even in the face of absolute irrefutable evidence to the contrary. I'm not talking about something existential like "Does God exist", I'm talking about things like "extra vitamin C prevents or cures the common cold". There is absolutely no evidence that it does and it HAS been tested yet because a crackpot, vitamin-crazed, famous scientist claimed that decades ago with absolutely no proof, plenty of people seem to think it's common knowledge now.

For just one article on it, check out.. https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-couch/201712/how-confirmation-bias-affects-you-every-single-day