Ok I have a few questions for some of the more experienced tulpamancers.

Ok I am still debating on weather or not I want to start this, I am a teenager and I am very interested in this subject and I have been researching this all day and cannot get it off of my mind. This is such a new amazing thing to me, so much potential but I am afraid to try it. Ok and let me begin some of the questions I want to ask.

1. Right now I am afraid of the fact that I am going to have to spend the rest of my life with a tulpa, but I was wondering that if I started this once I got so far in I would not regret it. So i guess I am asking that once you have the tulpa created do you feel as if you would want to spend the rest of your life with it?

2. It feels that if I created one it would get in the way of normal socialization, I don't mean by it being jealous I just mean, if I can have an amazing friend in my head that it would make me feel like I don't need real friends, would this happen?

3. Can you like legitimately cuddle with this thing, like if I made mine a female and wanted some comfort would I be able to cuddle it and actually feel it, just as if I was feeling a normal person?

4. I feel like it would make me feel crazy like, I am the only one of my friends or family to try this and if I told someone this they would consider me a complete loon.

5. If its a female does it find you attractive?

6. Does anyone have a tulpa I can talk to? Preferably a female tulpa to relate to what my situation would be.

Personally I'm not that experienced yet but I still want to put my two cents in.

1. Right now I am afraid of the fact that I am going to have to spend the rest of my life with a tulpa, but I was wondering that if I started this once I got so far in I would not regret it. So i guess I am asking that once you have the tulpa created do you feel as if you would want to spend the rest of your life with it?

Rather than be afraid, start with the attitude that you would want to spend your life with it and reflect on the great things that a tulpa will bring throughout your life.

2. It feels that if I created one it would get in the way of normal socialization, I don't mean by it being jealous I just mean, if I can have an amazing friend in my head that it would make me feel like I don't need real friends, would this happen?

From what I've heard if you're already a social person, having a tulpa won't have a negative effect on your social life. Depending on the tulpa I would think they would like seeing you interact with others.

3. Can you like legitimately cuddle with this thing, like if I made mine a female and wanted some comfort would I be able to cuddle it and actually feel it, just as if I was feeling a normal person?

Later on down the tulpamancy track when you get to imposition you can, but I think you shouldn't worry about that right now.

4. I feel like it would make me feel crazy like, I am the only one of my friends or family to try this and if I told someone this they would consider me a complete loon.

This might help you.

That can't really be answered by anyone other than the person you want to hear it from. If you show affection for the tulpa they might return it when they become sentient.

6. Does anyone have a tulpa I can talk to? Preferably a female tulpa to relate to what my situation would be.

I have a female tulpa though she isn't vocal yet so I can't help you with that.

Good to see you asking questions before you begin though and I would suggest going over as many different guides that you can from here (start with the general guides), because it's no fun or beneficial going into this blind.

And welcome to Tulpa.Info!

Hi welcome

1st Yes, Would you mind spending the rest of your life with your self? They become as much a part of who you are as you yourself are. Granted you wont spend every moment with them. Mine usual wake up with me sometimes they take naps during the day. I have a job, they tend to leave me alone when I am working but will pop in to say hi and ask me how I am doing sometimes.

2nd Both my tulpa tell me so spend more time talking to new people and trying to make friends, and spending time with the few friends I do have. Co(tulpa) has asked me to try to make a friend that she can talk too, so they want friends 'out there' like I have. Thing is Human contact is important to humans and there health. I don't think it is a good idea to allow yourself to disassociate from society because you have a tulpa, But that's what some people will do.

3rd You could. It would take a lot of effort on your part and a lot of time. basically you have to figure out how to fool you senses, into thinking there is a physical being there. It is called Imposition.

4th They might. I would keep it to your self. Get to the point where you can talk to your tulpa and ask them what they want. You risk loosing the relationship with the person you tell. I dont think its enough to get locked away but some people might not want to talk to you or think its a cry for attention.

5th Co finds me attractive, she has told me.

Funny story:

I was walking through the store the other day looking at all the stuff I cant afford or don't need when I walked past the men's underwear. I stopped to look for a second when Co sent me a picture of the guy on the underwear package. After that the picture was replaced by me looking like he did in that brand underwear and the word "mine" The worst part was when I started laughing in the middle of the store staring at the guy on the underwear package. O_o I chose to leave after that.

Whats more important to your tulpa is who you are not what you are. they will know your mind before your body.

[Hi Imafanofhoward, my name is Co short for Co-pilot I am the tulpa that lives in in the body with John. Its good to see that you are thinking about important questions. if you have any question me or John would be happy to help you figure them out. :)]

I don't like calling her 'my' tulpa, I don't own her. She is the tulpa that lives with me in our body.

I, too, am not experienced with tulpaforcing but I can help you with some of the doubt's you might have.

1) I started tulpaforcing a few months back, but I can surely say that my tulpa is someone I would love to spend a large portion, if not my entire life with. Of course, you can dissipate your tulpa later on in life, but that depends entirely on you.

2) My tulpa, Verana, isn't fully vocal yet, but she is the clingy type and so far even though I have her by my side I have no problems making new friends.

3) Like I said Verana is exceptionally clingy, so she does hug me in my wonderland. Though it doesn't feel like I am hugging another person, I can feel the slight warmth of a body pressed against me.

4) I live in a very tolerant country, and my friends and family members whom I have told of about are surprisingly supportive (but who knows what they say behind my back).

5) Even though Verana isn't vocal yet, her hugs and the emotional response I get makes me feel loved.

6) Verana is not yet vocal.

Yes I feel that way. There isn't a reason why I wouldn't want to.

No that won't happen. I have had my tulpa for 2 years and my social life has not declined because of it ever since.

Yeah, but your hands will phase through their body.

I have told a few friends about tulpas and they have reacted normally, and a few even decided to make their own. Just be selective about who you can trust I guess.

No.

how humiliating

Yes, I have a female tulpa named Placidia who would be happy to talk to you. She is usually on IRC but you can message me here and she can reply if you want.

My guide on tulpa creation

Please consider making a private grant to tulpa.info to keep the community alive.

So i guess I am asking that once you have the tulpa created do you feel as if you would want to spend the rest of your life with it?

If I'd spend more time thinking about it, I would have made my tulpa very differently. We've grown very close though, and I wouldn't change her for anything, even if she isn't quite my idea of the perfect woman.

I just mean, if I can have an amazing friend in my head that it would make me feel like I don't need real friends, would this happen?

If you have one amazing human friend, does that make you not want other friends?

if I made mine a female and wanted some comfort would I be able to cuddle it and actually feel it, just as if I was feeling a normal person?

After imposition, yes. But less than one percent of all tulpas ever get imposed. It all comes down to you -- do you think you can see this through to completion.

I feel like it would make me feel crazy like, I am the only one of my friends or family to try this and if I told someone this they would consider me a complete loon.

Again, this is something only you can answer. I don't feel crazy, even though I don't know anyone else who has done this.

She says she is attracted to me, but not in the same way I'm attracted to people. She says it's because I'm her creator and her sole contact with this world. It's not a romantic attraction, but she does want to have sex.

The weird thing is that I'm not really attracted to her. I mean I already said that she's not exactly my idea of the perfect woman, but she is beautiful. For some reason I see her more like a sister though.

All of this is just my experience. everyone's is different.

And she's not into talking to people, sorry. Try the IRC.

If you give them a form you like and force a personality that you can get along with, there shouldn't be any major problems. And even if they deviate later you can still look at their positive traits and respect their decision to change, so on and so forth.

A tulpa is not a substitute for social interaction, you would still have to have real life friends to talk to, preferably ones who are open to the idea of you having a tulpa. If making friends is something you struggle with, your tulpa may be able to help you improve your social skills.

With touch imposition this is possible, though I find using a physical aid like a pillow makes things easier.

People are surprisingly receptive to the idea of a tulpa in general, but you may want to test the waters with your friends and family by first introducing them to the concept of tulpas before admitting to them that you have one. If they seem OK with it, go ahead and tell them; if not, then don't.

Luna finds me attractive, though your mileage may vary on the subject of your own tulpa finding you attractive.

Most of my girls would be willing to talk with you, if you're interested.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

Ah, a newbie, we where all once one.

I have two tulpae; Aura who takes the form of a shiny umbreon, and Nova who likes to take many forms depending on her mood, right now she seems to like shiki from the world ends with you, Both are over a year old. I like to consider myself credible, but in the end what the hell do i know

1. Of course, one of the joys of tulpas is that you truly do want to spend time with them as much as possible, even if you do sometimes forget about them. In the year and a half i've had Aura we have been through so much shit together that i couldn't imagine my life without him

2. No, sort of. because of the way tulpae work they very well could replace the need for socail interaction i guess. But would you really want to give up your friends just because you now have one that lives in your head. In fact more often than not my tulpas actually try to help me socalize rather than hinder the ablity. And let me tell you, if you end up trusting someone enough to tell them about your tulpa, the tulpa will likely want to conversate with your friend

3. Yes, i like falling asleep with my tulpas.

4. People have various degrees of acceptence, test the waters first, or try to find out in the least creepy way possible if they have a tulpa themselves (this is increadibly rare, but it has happened to me before). In the end, your true friends and family will probabally not care or show intrest, because they support you, and in the end they still love you.

You may still be a loon though, we all are >:3

5. That depends on the tulpa really, Nova found me attractive, yet i have heard of plenty males with female tulpas who are simply platonic friends

6. Nova would be willing to talk if you want a female, if you want a male Aura is always available too. PM me if you need it

i am forever banned from drinking orange juice because my tulpa hates it with a burning passion

You can search for threads in relation to dissipating tulpas, and find how that certain circumstances may tempt someone to do something like that. You stated you’re a teenager, and honestly, that really doesn’t stop any potential of you personally growing with whatever tulpa you decide to create and interact with. It depends on your disposition over the course of your life is when you can be self-reflective of any events you had with your tulpa, and the journey itself to formulate what you feel is good, bad, and things you regretted. It may not be a smooth sailing at first glance, but all of those tribulations can be a good testing ground in developing yourself, and your tulpa.

Some people feel they regretted, though they’re probably going by their current emotions that would make them aligned in feeling that way. Sometimes when they give things more thought, they would see their emotions got the best of them, and they learn something new that may make them compelled to have a tulpa again. People have their ups and downs, and sometimes this journey may be learning how to have unwavering acknowledgement of your tulpa despite of the circumstances (e.g. how you feel in life, what’s going on in your life).

With anything that has potential of turning bad, there’s always something to grow and learn from. The philosophical implications for this question of yours is kind of high right now on how one should live their lives with, or without a tulpa.

Just because you invest time in making and interacting with a tulpa doesn’t mean your interpersonal skills, and other gregarious competencies are suddenly stripped from your brain. You can have your tulpa be integrated in your lifestyle, and depending on their disposition and way of being, especially if you’re into the whole companion thing, socialization may augment even more because of them. But of course, if you ever feel that you’re suddenly losing interaction with people, try to be reflective on what you’re doing, rather than feeling the need that it was your tulpa at fault.

As for jealousy and envy, think about it this way. The tulpa that you’ll decide to create will be able to be closer to you more than anyone else in your lifestyle. They have the potential to access whatever parts of your mind exists, use pre-existing memory, and maybe develop their means of rationalization and assessing life over time. If they feel insecure about how much attention you give to them, and others, they would just have to accept the possibility that one has to get used to being in different types of relationships with others. Your tulpa will probably not take things too personally, and even if they did, just talk with them and state you’re just doing your best to be as social as you can be. Maybe your tulpa will acknowledge this beforehand if you decide to further yourself in the journey.

Well, if you go with the theories and foundation of things like imposition (e.g. touch, smell, sight), it may be probable to feel as if you’re really cuddling with them. Though that might be akin to having psychosomatic experiences, i.e., if you can mentally visualize and revel in the act, maybe there could be bodily reactions to conform to whatever you’re imagining (e.g. feelings of consolation and warmth when hugging them).

If you fear things like ostracism (e.g. being shunned by your family and friends), or other negative turn of events, you aren’t obligated to tell anyone. Some people feel tempted to state about the concept of tulpas because they see the potential of good and development that may come with embarking the journey. But when they’re in that state of wonder and awe, sometimes that might make them create some image that anyone they talk about it with would easily align with their open-minded, and positive disposition on the matter.

If you’re worried on how people will react to this concept, chances are is that it’s best that you don’t tell them about it. Maybe over time when you gain experiential learning into this, you’ll be able to formulate your own ways of assessing things like this. Or you could just live your whole life with your tulpa in peaceful solitude. And if your tulpa feels the need to express themselves more to people, and you’re worried about people finding out, those people may not really notice much of a difference.

In other words, they might just see this as you acting differently for different circumstances, so don’t worry about it too much. This is probably one of the most difficult tasks in assessing when having a tulpa, but something to keep in mind is that being open-minded in adjusting your lifestyle with them can go a long way. Some people and their tulpas make agreements to keep their existence (e.g. as a tulpa) a secret from others while their tulpas can still express themselves to others. It may feel intimidating and unfair to the tulpa, but when you’re in a world where people have mixed views on what’s pragmatically right, sane, and of functional value, compromises must be made to continue living in that reality without something like ostracism and discrimination getting in the way.

Not sure if all female tulpas who have a male host would inherently find them attractive (e.g. romantic, sexual, or friendly), but I guess you could think of it as them eventually growing fond of you seeing how they’ll be living with you for maybe the rest of your lives. It could be kind of a motherly like affection, sister like, friendly romance, or something else entirely, along with their overall disposition that would determine how they conceptualize their host.

Also, forgive me if you aren’t a male, I just presumed you are one.

I have two, Eva and Ada, so don't hesitate to address any concerns you may have to us.