People not being able read my posts well

tania

Mischa (I hope I have the name right) send me a pm saying the following

"Your text in that dark font doesn't show in dark theme, so I have to highlight the text to read it.

Just letting you know, the mods might fix it for you."

I'm using just normal black text..   Im confused as the text I'm using seems to be exactly the same text as places at the website use eg the index page and titles are also in black. So how is the site being read if people cant read the black text??

Jesse (human male) DOB 16th April 2013 

Working on imposition

black text like you sometimes use is always black, while the standard text you see most of the time changes it's color to be contrastive with the theme

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

Take a look at the source code of your post. Right now, it's this:

[hidden]

Mischa (I hope I have the name right) send me a pm saying the following

"[color=#333333][size=small][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Your text in that dark font doesn't show in dark theme, so I have to highlight the text to read it.[/font][/size][/color]

[color=#333333][size=small][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Just letting you know, the mods might fix it for you."[/font][/size][/color]

[color=#333333][size=small][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]I'm using just normal black text.. [/font][/size][/color]  Im confused as the text I'm using seems to be exactly the same text as places at the website use eg the index page and titles are also in black. So how is the site being read if people cant read the black text??

[/hidden]

The extra formatting comes from you copying and pasting text quoting a post or thread. Similar formatting code problems happen when you copy and paste from Wikipedia.

If you want to see the source code, hit Ctrl+Shift+S OR you can click on the icon in the top right of the editor that looks like a piece of paper:

875x172https://i.imgur.com/uKQwPyP.png[/img]

If you want to copy and paste, turn on source mode or you will copy and paste formatting that will make your post hard to read. The other thing you can do is copy and paste from notepad and it shouldn't include the formatting.

This works in dark theme.

[quote name="Misha" timestamp="1571413432"]
[color=white]This works in dark theme.[/color]
[/quote]

Don't do that, then you can't read it on light or mobile theme. Tulpa.info has a special default text that automatically turns white on dark theme and black on light, default, and mobile themes. If you change the text to white or black, you override that special feature and people can't read your text.

Misha, next time please report a post that has formatting issues and I'll fix it. I do my best to get everything, but sometimes I miss stuff.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

black text like you sometimes use is always black, while the standard text you see most of the time changes it's color to be contrastive with the theme

ah okay. I wasn't aware of that

MCiyEua.png

that I couldn't use.. that white on that black actually hurts my head (with the medical problem I have) as it is so bright (it's like trying to look at the sun it's so bright to me) unlike the colour of the discord which has it's white toned down on the black background.

If you want to copy and paste, turn on source mode or you will copy and paste formatting that will make your post hard to read.

So to turn on the source mode it's just click once onto the "view source" part you put the arrow on?

Jesse (human male) DOB 16th April 2013 

Working on imposition

So to turn on the source mode it's just click once onto the "view source" part you put the arrow on?

Yup. You will see all of the square brackets and see things like /color and /size. That is bbcode (bulletin board code) and those control the formatting of your post. In source mode, the copy and paste will just paste the text and not include the text formatting from where it came from.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread