• Three - Achiever
    • Four - Individualist
    • Five - Investigator
    • Six - Loyalist
    • Seven - Enthusiast
    • Eight - Challenger
    • Nine - Peacemaker

[align=justify]Daily thread #19

We mentioned this in the MBTI personality thread, but I figure it'll get buried, and I think this topic is worth its own thread. We think MBTI is overrated and you can easily get a different result each time, so it's not the best measure of personality. What we personally prefer are the Enneagram personalities. There are 9 types instead of 16, so there's a lot less room to get a different result each time, and the different results are more unique from each other, with some similar groupings. It also explains how each personality might behave if it's positive, neutral, or negative.

The nine personality types are

[hidden]

One - The Reformer: "Ones are conscientious and ethical, with a strong sense of right and wrong. They are teachers, crusaders, and advocates for change: always striving to improve things, but afraid of making a mistake. Well-organized, orderly, and fastidious, they try to maintain high standards, but can slip into being critical and perfectionistic. They typically have problems with resentment and impatience. At their Best: wise, discerning, realistic, and noble. Can be morally heroic."

Two - The Helper: "Twos are empathetic, sincere, and warm-hearted. They are friendly, generous, and self-sacrificing, but can also be sentimental, flattering, and people-pleasing. They are well-meaning and driven to be close to others, but can slip into doing things for others in order to be needed. They typically have problems with possessiveness and with acknowledging their own needs. At their Best: unselfish and altruistic, they have unconditional love for others."

Three - The Achiever: "Threes are self-assured, attractive, and charming. Ambitious, competent, and energetic, they can also be status-conscious and highly driven for advancement. They are diplomatic and poised, but can also be overly concerned with their image and what others think of them. They typically have problems with workaholism and competitiveness. At their Best: self-accepting, authentic, everything they seem to be—role models who inspire others."

Four - The Individualist: "Fours are self-aware, sensitive, and reserved. They are emotionally honest, creative, and personal, but can also be moody and self-conscious. Withholding themselves from others due to feeling vulnerable and defective, they can also feel disdainful and exempt from ordinary ways of living. They typically have problems with melancholy, self-indulgence, and self-pity. At their Best: inspired and highly creative, they are able to renew themselves and transform their experiences."

Five - The Investigator: "Fives are alert, insightful, and curious. They are able to concentrate and focus on developing complex ideas and skills. Independent, innovative, and inventive, they can also become preoccupied with their thoughts and imaginary constructs. They become detached, yet high-strung and intense. They typically have problems with eccentricity, nihilism, and isolation. At their Best: visionary pioneers, often ahead of their time, and able to see the world in an entirely new way."

Six - The Loyalist: "The committed, security-oriented type. Sixes are reliable, hard-working, responsible, and trustworthy. Excellent "troubleshooters," they foresee problems and foster cooperation, but can also become defensive, evasive, and anxious—running on stress while complaining about it. They can be cautious and indecisive, but also reactive, defiant and rebellious. They typically have problems with self-doubt and suspicion. At their Best: internally stable and self-reliant, courageously championing themselves and others."

Seven - The Enthusiast: "Sevens are extroverted, optimistic, versatile, and spontaneous. Playful, high-spirited, and practical, they can also misapply their many talents, becoming over-extended, scattered, and undisciplined. They constantly seek new and exciting experiences, but can become distracted and exhausted by staying on the go. They typically have problems with impatience and impulsiveness. At their Best: they focus their talents on worthwhile goals, becoming appreciative, joyous, and satisfied."

Eight - The Challenger: "Eights are self-confident, strong, and assertive. Protective, resourceful, straight-talking, and decisive, but can also be ego-centric and domineering. Eights feel they must control their environment, especially people, sometimes becoming confrontational and intimidating. Eights typically have problems with their tempers and with allowing themselves to be vulnerable. At their Best: self- mastering, they use their strength to improve others' lives, becoming heroic, magnanimous, and inspiring."

Nine - The Peacemaker: "Nines are accepting, trusting, and stable. They are usually creative, optimistic, and supportive, but can also be too willing to go along with others to keep the peace. They want everything to go smoothly and be without conflict, but they can also tend to be complacent, simplifying problems and minimizing anything upsetting. They typically have problems with inertia and stubbornness. At their Best: indomitable and all-embracing, they are able to bring people together and heal conflicts."

[/hidden]

[/align]

In-depth descriptions of each of these types can be found here. If you'd like, read them and report which type you think each of your systemmates are and why. Maybe it'll give some insight on your system, or at least be fun and neat to think about!

Also, each type will have a slant to either adjacent type, so for example a dominant type One might have type Two as their secondary type, making them a 1w2, and having a type 9 as their secondary type would be a 1w9. Also something to look into aside from just the 9 categories if interested.

(All daily threads can be found here.)

Our system's types are:

Apollo: 1w2 (Reformer, Advocate)

Piano: 5w6 (Investigator, Problem Solver)

Luxio: 9w8 (Peacemaker, Referee) (He used to be a type Eight before his long stasis)

Me: 7w6 (Enthusiast, Entertainer)

Radio: 4w5 (Individualist, Bohemian)

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

Reading the information given I think our Enneagram Personalities are:

Me: 6w4 (Loyalist, Individualist)

Scotch: 7w9 (Enthusiast, Peacemaker)

Luna: 5w7 (Investigator, Enthusiast)

Osiris: 8w1 (Challenger, Reformer)

Not too active and the others don't talk very much to strangers.

[align=justify]I'm afraid you did the wings wrong. The wings can only be one of the two adjacent personalities. A Six can only be a 6w5 or a 6w7, not a 6w4. So, just the ones directly beside the dominant type.

I made a little chart[/align]

www.png.46107975fb7f8986296911b162d5de7c.png

This stuff can be a little confusing but it's easy to get the hang of once you know it :]

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

Wha.. what is that chart? . . . Oh, you included their dumb arrow system, that's totally unnecessary here.. also took me a bit to find where you got those names for the in betweens

Me: Just Enthusiast, I guess? the adjacent-only system is totally arbitrary, I'd also call myself a Helper secondarily

Tewi: Loyalist, secondarily I'd say she's a Challenger or Investigator

Reisen: Helper! And even if it's not technically her "personality type" here, she's definitely a Peacemaker

Lumi: Either Peacemaker or/and Individualist, it depends on if he's interacting with other people or not

Flandre: Well, I almost didn't choose one for her at all, these all seem too... outgoing? Individualist if I had to say, which I did

the personality descriptions are nice but the big system they created feels limiting at best and arbitrary at worst, but it's alright if you can break the rules

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

The "wing" system is more about slants/variations within the dominant type, whether they lean towards one side or lean towards another, and the leaning can affect how the dominant personality is expressed. One can have aspects of other personality types without it being their dominant or wing type, of course. I posted the whole shape just to map out all the wings better.

Yeah I get the slant thing and it would be great and make sense... if the adjacent personalities didn't feel so random, I feel like the slant system only gives you two possible options out of eight and a "secondary" system would've worked way better

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

I saw some people on forums having a system where they had three types (the core, secondary, and tertiary), and every type still has the slanting wing thing. You have one type in each of the three Centers. The personalities were organized based on the Centers, and the wing (I think) is supposed to make sense based on the Center. A "Thinking" personality that's closer to Feeling than the other two Thinking personalities will either slant towards the Feeling personality that's close to Thinking (a 5w4), or slant further into the Thinking Center (a 5w6).

Each Center is called the Head (Thinking 5 6 7) Center, the Heart (Feeling 2 3 4) Center, and the Body (Instinct 8 9 1) Center.

Based on this, with my core type being 1w2 (Body), I think that my mixed-in types are 7w8 (Head) and 4w5 (Heart).

Piano is 5w6 with 4w5 and 9w1.

Luxio is 9w8 with 2w1 and 7w8.

Indigo is 7w6 with 4w3 and 8w7(?)

Radio is 4w5 with 7w6 and 1w9.

(These will probs change as we learn more about the types)

?format=500w

[align=justify]I'm afraid you did the wings wrong. The wings can only be one of the two adjacent personalities. A Six can only be a 6w5 or a 6w7, not a 6w4. So, just the ones directly beside the dominant type.

I made a little chart[/align]

This stuff can be a little confusing but it's easy to get the hang of once you know it :]

I don't feel like really any of the adjacent personalities fit us... so I guess only the dominant wings are to be accounted for.  

Not too active and the others don't talk very much to strangers.

• 3 months later...

In my system it's something like this:

Me:4w5

Wind:9w1

Hotaru:7w8

Kier:4w3

Jane:8w7

Nox:1w2

Nicolai:1w2

Veise:6w7

Kronos:4w3

Arnerst:3w4

Sirien:6w5

Aloise: 5w6

Rhein:5w4

• 4 weeks later...

We seem complimentary enough. Jaina shores up my weak areas while I generally do the human thing. She's confident and supportive, I'm thoughtful and introspective. And though we're slightly different our principles, morals and goals are aligned.

Darron: 9w1

Jaina: 2w1

Darron: Host 💍 

Jaina: Tulpa 💍 

(Raccoon Queen 🦝👸)

👨‍👩‍👧‍👦Dain and Nova

Aggrok: Tulpa Void Dragon

Viktor: 🐺

[DeviantArt]