My Tulpa is a week old, and unsettling me

So after my recent debacle with my last Tulpa, I've decided to take a completely different approach to Tulpamancy for this one. Part of that was personality forcing. I no longer feel comfortable with the hands off approach to it, and so I want to try setting a frame work. Deviation is welcome of course, if she sees it fit, but until she is sentient, I see no reason not to. So how many sessions of personality forcing is good, and when does it become excessive? I've also modeled my Tulpa after an odd character, so I am also curious as to what people think about adding in a negative trait to a Tulpa from inception? It's not for canonical accuracy, but I have a very dark mind, and it seemed to bother my last Tulpa the kind of things I got to thinking about and the subject matter of the entertainment I watch. I feel like since I'm already such a dark and cynical person, that it is a cruelty to bring in a creature that is so young and innocent into an environment that is so overwhelmingly bleak. Thus I modeled her after a character that is more morally ambiguous and dark than the average character Tulpa, because I can't just change my entire thought process you know? So what do you guys think of that? Also I took a very strange approach in personality forcing, sticking with the character's theme, by changing the symbolism of the traditional poor a glass of that trait over them thing with injecting it with a needle, only done it once so if it's harmful the damage will be minimal.

For personality forcing; just keep going until you feel you have done enough, or until they are sentient.

As far as giving them a negetive trait goes; I suppose it isn't necessarily bad, but it would be nice if you could say what the trait was.

And I don't see how using a different type of symbolism could be bad.

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

Needles? No. Anything that will harm your new tulpa should be avoided. period.

It's fine if you give them a taste for dark humor, there are lots of nice people and tulpas that enjoy dark humor. I think you should read Rachel Gardner's perspective on creating a "...morally ambiguous tulpa…" if that's a goal...

If the concern is your tulpa accepting your darker perspective, they may or may not, regardless what personality they have. It's not torture to expose them to darker things, but horror and fear shouldn't be the only things they associate you with. Show them some love at least by being gentle, smiling, talking to them in a softer tone. Try to work in things you know would make them happy.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

Needles? No. Anything that will harm your new tulpa should be avoided. period.

It's fine if you give them a taste for dark humor, there are lots of nice people and tulpas that enjoy dark humor. I think you should read Rachel Gardner's perspective on creating a "...morally ambiguous tulpa…" if that's a goal...

If the concern is your tulpa accepting your darker perspective, they may or may not, regardless what personality they have. It's not torture to expose them to darker things, but horror and fear shouldn't be the only things they associate you with. Show them some love at least by being gentle, smiling, talking to them in a softer tone. Try to work in things you know would make them happy.

Alright, as far as the needles it was just like a quick injection on an unconscious form, like a flu shot, since I've only started making her the beginning of the week. I am not trying to make her only know horror and fear, but I wanted to make sure that I wasn't responsible for taking the innocence so to speak of a Tulpa. My last tulpa was very good natured from conception, and one of the things I feel guilty about is that she that it bothered her, and I would rather a Tulpa that doesn't have that child like innocence rather than one that losses that, because it seemed to really bother her, and I didn't do it on purpose. I'll have to look up Gardner's paper for sure, thanks for telling me about it

Hey you're the one they mentioned. Said you wrote a thing on what I'm trying to accomplish right?

Well Zack, my headmate, was something that was... already there... Like, I technically didn't make him to be the way that he is; Zack already had a dark mindset to begin with. Some people like to think that he was formed from my traumatic experiences in my earlier childhood and my desire for revenge and dominance and exposure to a lot of taboo content when I was a kid. Personally, I just help him indulge in his interests and treat him with respect for the way he is. Since both him and I pretty much have the same interests, we have that synergy with one another so we don't really experience any complications.

But in regards to how to create a "dark tulpa" or make a tulpa be into certain things like that? ...I really can't help with that as it's something that I haven't actually done. :/

Though, I can't say for sure what you're wanting to do. I'd have to read over the previous posts a few more times to understand.

(inactive)

Well Zack, my headmate, was something that was... already there... Like, I technically didn't make him to be the way that he is; Zack already had a dark mindset to begin with. Some people like to think that he was formed from my traumatic experiences in my earlier childhood and my desire for revenge and dominance and exposure to a lot of taboo content when I was a kid. Personally, I just help him indulge in his interests and treat him with respect for the way he is. Since both him and I pretty much have the same interests, we have that synergy with one another so we don't really experience any complications.

But in regards to how to create a "dark tulpa" or make a tulpa be into certain things like that? ...I really can't help with that as it's something that I haven't actually done. :/

Though, I can't say for sure what you're wanting to do. I'd have to read over the previous posts a few more times to understand.

Alright well thank you. As far as the last post about not knowing what I'm trying to do, I am just trying to make a Tulpa that is already dark on their own so I'm not responsible for any trauma. I had a very bad experience with my last Tulpa who dissipated, and I feel that part of it was she was too good natured for living in the enviorment that is my mind, and I can't really change the enviorment.

Alright well thank you. As far as the last post about not knowing what I'm trying to do, I am just trying to make a Tulpa that is already dark on their own so I'm not responsible for any trauma. I had a very bad experience with my last Tulpa who dissipated, and I feel that part of it was she was too good natured for living in the enviorment that is my mind, and I can't really change the enviorment.

You're welcome. That's the thing with me though... I never actually had that problem before... I mean I had a couple headmates that I purposely removed from my system because they were being either judgmental about the things I was into or the things Zack was into. But, most of the time if something were to ever appear in my head, then they would either somewhat share similar attributes with Zack or just not exist... or get forced out of my head by either Zack or me.

It's hard to really... think up any advice to give... just "dark thoughtforms" naturally gravitate to me, no one is truly "good natured" in my system.

What I would personally do is to expose the tulpa to dark content or talk to them about what happened with your previous tulpa and see if they like it... if they don't then say goodbye and try again.. That's the only thing I can think of.

(inactive)

You're welcome. That's the thing with me though... I never actually had that problem before... I mean I had a couple headmates that I purposely removed from my system because they were being either judgmental about the things I was into or the things Zack was into. But, most of the time if something were to ever appear in my head, then they would either somewhat share similar attributes with Zack or just not exist... or get forced out of my head by either Zack or me.

It's hard to really... think up any advice to give... just "dark thoughtforms" naturally gravitate to me, no one is truly "good natured" in my system.

What I would personally do is to expose the tulpa to dark content or talk to them about what happened with your previous tulpa and see if they like it... if they don't then say goodbye and try again.. That's the only thing I can think of.

Alright well thank you. The question I asked is no longer relevant actually, when I went to force she was moving and talking small words. I am actually very unsettled by it.