Posession Anxiety

Ranger

For whatever reason, the process of possession causes Cat to panic. She gets nervous and uncomfortable when I'm trying to work with the body, and it's frustrating. Recently, my strategy is to jump into an eclipsing position and go from there, but sometimes Cat still gets anxious and starts to push me out when she's trying to sit back and let me do my thing.

Is this something exposure and practice will fix alone or are there other things we can try?

EDIT: More Information

Sorry for not being more specific earlier. Here's a breakdown of what makes her panic:

• She gets nervous about letting go. She struggles with dissociation in general, but the idea of not being aware or going dormant scares her.
  • Ironically, she gets anxious about checking in too much. She gets frustrated that she can't just relax and let go.
  • She has intrusive thoughts about weirding people out when possessed, and while she doesn't want that to prevent the process, it still bothers her.
  • She can't figure out when the best time to let me take control is. She gets really nervous about talking to me in her head in public in general; Her social anxiety gets the best of her and I am frquently pushed out and or she tries to hide.
  • She has possession parrotnoia.

Dealing with this hot mess is the main reason I chose to wait until I was more developed and Cat got over the mind voice parrotnoia. I'm hoping at least the last bullet point will no longer apply after enough experience and exposure, but I'm not sure about the rest of that...

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

Try asking cat why they get anxious about it, and maybe you will be able to figure out a way to possess without making them anxious

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

Maybe she's scared of not being able to get the control back?

I had that same fear.

Especially after the one time Misha tricked my consioudness lnto a cage in wonderland and said i was her pet now. She was not joking. I was actually frightened.

Maybe it's a trust thing, but the majority of posts i read on this subject indicated that posession is very much under the host's control.

(She says she would have let me out eventually.)

Sorry for not being more specific earlier. Here's a breakdown of what makes her panic:

• She gets nervous about letting go. She struggles with dissociation in general, but the idea of not being aware or going dormant scares her.
  • Ironically, she gets anxious about checking in too much. She gets frustrated that she can't just relax and let go.
  • She has intrusive thoughts about weirding people out when possessed, and while she doesn't want that to prevent the process, it still bothers her.
  • She can't figure out when the best time to let me take control is. She gets really nervous about talking to me in her head in public in general; Her social anxiety gets the best of her and I am frquently pushed out and or she tries to hide.
  • She has possession parrotnoia.

Dealing with this hot mess is the main reason I chose to wait until I was more developed and Cat got over the mind voice parrotnoia. I'm hoping at least the last bullet point will no longer apply after enough experience and exposure, but I'm not sure about the rest of that...

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

You can always keep her active by focusing on her, she can just watch from the sidelines instead of go inactive or something. About not being able to relax, that sounds like she's scared she might success at it and let go of the control, I can't really help you with that but maybe try some supplements to help relax the body?

She can always check out what you're doing while possessing her, try to move the body in front of a mirror so she can see what she would look like to someone else. Why is she nervous while in public?

Also, what's possession parrotnoia? it's the first time I've ever heard of that.

I like the mirror idea, we will have to try that when we get the chance.

She has anxiety disorder, and combined with her Asperger's diagnosis she gets nervous around people too. As for "possession parrotnoia", I couldn't think of another way to describe what the problem was. Basically, she is nervous she's controlling me when I'm possessing her. I fall back on eclipsing because I know that Cat wouldn't need to worry if she's proxying or not.

Cat gets nervous about losing control and dissociating, I have no idea if that's left over "trauma" from sleep paralysis or she's just like that in general.

Similar to normal parrotnoia, if your tulpa thinks they're moving the body... then they kind of are? If you think they are and they think they are, they might as well be either way. I believe parrotnoia goes the same way personally - if it sounds like your tulpa is talking to you, and they think they're talking, they are? General "you" here.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

A wise man once said, "descover what you don't like doing, then don't do it."  I see posession as an activity and a step to make other activities easier, or if you (as a tulpa) and your host really want to do it.  But it is not a required course in tulpamancy is it?

If Cat really does want to do it after all those points, then yeah, you need to help her relax.  I don't know how to make either of you relax though.  My mind keeps going back to thinking Cat sounds like she doesn't want to do it.  No disrespect to you, but I'm sure you two have talked rationally about this and how it applies to your goals.  If i didn't know anything about you or Cat, it would appear to me you are pressuring her.  

Given that list, my opinion is that you two need to build more trust and experiance in other things first.  That said, perhapse she just needs to find a quiet place where you two can be alone more often.

And also given that list specifically, maybe you should tell her that you don't think this is the right time.  Perhapse give it a week or a month where you two don't talk about posession at all, like a moratorium on the subject.  In the meantime concentrate on building trust and making the relationship stronger.

It can be really tough on the host, reality can be harsh, you are lucky to get a buffer from that.  Maybe you want to be the buffer, that's admirable of you, but i still see a lot of what sounds from the outside as excuses on her end. Itcsounds horrible of me to say that.  You know her better than anyone, but you are seeking an outside perspective.  I may be totally wrong, but i am genuinely trying to help based on my available information.

I absolutely mean no disrespect to you or Cat.  

Form our interactions i can tell you two are great people.  Just try to see it from her side.  It really sounds to me like if you waited a little, things will improve.  When you have whittled that list down a little through other means, or if you two are really firmly fervant on doing this, then find a place to relax and go for it, what's the worst thing that can happen?  

If you fall off the bike enough times maybe you don't want to go back on, take a break, relax, exercise those muscles in other ways, then try again later.

I hope this helps.  Your system is more experianced tham me, we have possessed very little.