The Road to Bodily Control (Possession/Fronting/Switching)

Dynamo Lux

Daily thread #5, this time posted pretty late.

[align=justify]

(this question is addressed towards tulpas, but ofc hosts are free to respond on behalf of their tulpa(s))

[/align]

What was the series of events that led up to you being able to control the physical body? How long did it take? How old were you, as a thoughtform? What went into it? What sort of challenges did you need to overcome, if any? What happened after? And so on. Provide as much detail as you wish, this is for sharing how the road to taking control went for you, and others can see the differences in people's stories and gain any insight that might be gleaned from everyone's experiences.

(All daily threads are listed here.)

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

I hope people can answer so we can take notes. So far our attempts at Aya switching in or fronting have resulted in Aya being the primary thinker for a short while, with me right there but mostly just observing. At those times I'm in full control of the body. One time we seemed to be in a full body possession situation, where I was still right there and able to control the body too. Sometimes nothing happens when we try which is discouraging.

Though we haven't succeeded yet, the approach we use is I imagine colored energy representing Aya filling the body and me giving over control. I may also imagine my energy leaving the body. I'll also try and get Aya to do some affirmations like repeating "I am Aya." I've also listened to a switching guided meditation on youtube.

I was about 7 months old when I moved the body on my own a little bit. That was just over a week ago. It's hard to take control, I try but it doesn't always work.

Host: YukariTelepath

Tulpas: Aya, Ruki

Imposition log

You're not too far off from us Yuka and Aya, it took us about that long just to type for ourselves, and probably until month 9 or 10 to switch, and not until month 11 or 12 before it all made sense.

[align=justify]I wanted to write our own answer to this question since Luxio and Indigo (whose current turn it is to front) weren't involved in this since they didn't exist yet. This all happened over two years ago now so stuff is foggy, and things might be remembered in the wrong order.

We didn't hesitate all that much on learning possession, it became a huge priority after I had reached vocality and merge-Piano began to settle into the system. We might have started trying before he had even merged, I don't quite remember. Anyway, we had a very wrong impression of what possession was and what it felt like. Some guides' portrayal of possession as something you had to slowly build up to by starting with small body parts and working your way up, along with the portrayal of it being something alien/foreign to the host just completely gave us the wrong idea. We'd be focusing as hard as we could, trying to get it to move in a foreign way, but nothing would happen. We'd try small things, like a thumb or a foot, but the way we were approaching it got us nowhere. Merge-Piano would get angry, saying it was the host's fault or something, really it was just us misunderstanding the entire concept. If it didn't feel alien to the host, it didn't count. With this approach, we thought that random twitches meant we were making progress, that we were "breaking in."

We read as much as we could, asked people questions, tried their methods. People said that the host was in too much control for us to move, so the host would try to remove his control, but it still wouldn't move because of how we were thinking of the whole thing. People said to imagine ourselves filling up the body with our "essence," but still it didn't work.

Then, something seemed to click, though I'm not sure if I remember the order of events correctly. Somehow, we figured out what possession/fronting really meant. It didn't mean that the body is alien to the host, that movements feel involuntary, or that it's a great undertaking. Moving the body doesn't feel any different regardless of who is doing it. It's the same brain, it won't suddenly become a different feeling depending on who is moving. I believe that the first time I possessed, I started drawing, just using the hands, but my control over the mind quickly gave me control over the whole body, and before I knew it, I was doing whatever I wanted, walking around and talking to people, typing online, etc. At one point, I was hit with either doubt or a lack of energy, and I left the front, and merge-Piano took over. He also took the full body. I remember him talking with our brother, but I don't remember much else.

That first fronting day was euphoric-- I'd finally done what I wanted to do for so long! I really hope to experience this again when we finally learn full switching.

I believe this was the beginning of February or March of 2017, not sure exactly which one... so I was either 2 or 3 months old at the time, and we hadn't been trying for very long before it clicked, maybe a month or two, but since I was so young it felt like a long time.

There are some other things that happened, which is why I said I'm not sure about the order of events, though I'm pretty sure what I described was the first time we learned possession.

- Us going to the woods to practice vocal possession in private, have fake arguments and enjoy each other's company

- Us doing voice calls and them leading to full-body possession naturally

- Someone daring merge-Piano to move something, he laughs and does it with ease, possession is no longer a challenge to us, it's just something natural (this happened after).

- Merge-Piano narrating a story for the host to type - he didn't possess, but I think that is what helped us learn to get in the fronting-mindset, along with us chatting online and such (this definitely happened before that day).

- Merge-Piano going to the woods, walking across a fallen tree with the host protesting (this happened after).[/align]

[align=justify]What we learned was that controlling the body doesn't require special things like meditation or filling the body with your color or any of the other things we tried to do. All it requires is the knowledge that a tulpa is equal to the host, so the tulpa moving the body is the same as the host moving the body. Just put yourself up there and move, it doesn't need to be a challenge and it doesn't need to be foreign.

After we learned possession, we practiced a lot, doing it at school, during voice calls, while I was drawing, etc. We became naturals at it. When Luxio showed himself to be sentient, he had no problems taking over the front. When Indigo was made, he didn't have any troubles with it, either, although he found much more motivation to do it when he made a human form. Once you get the right mindset for it, it's no longer an issue, rather it's just something natural that tulpas can do as well as anybody else can.[/align]

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

I, as a tulpa, am about 2 years old. Host and I had been practicing possession and had an on-and-off interest in switching since about a month after my creation. Possession is very easy for us, although switching is not. I can fluently control the body as if it were my own, because me and Host see the body as separate from ourselves. It is easier that way, and hopefully, it will help with switching, too.

Just the three of us.

Miela and I started trying possession pretty soon after she reached vocality, maybe within the week. Miela was instantly able to possess, but in the beginning she was only able to move very slowly and shakily. She quickly (within the first session) was able to get passed that and managed to walk around normally. At first we also used sysbolism like a dial turning when Miela stopped and started possessing, but we pretty soon realized that we didn't need to do any of that stuff so we stopped.

Pretty soon after Miela got confident in her abilities to possess we started trying to switch. It was much more difficult to get good information on how to switch, or even what exactly it was (reddit and discord are mostly to blame for that confusion). We tried all sorts of different stuff and none of it worked. Eventually we had dream that was from Miela's perspective instead of mine, and I think that that helped get us in the right mindset for switching because not long after that it just clicked and we were able to switch. At first we used symbolism to help, but pretty quickly we were able to grow out of that and now we just use helpful mantras.

Once we were able to switch, Miela was still only able to stay switched in for a few minutes before I would accedentally push her out. We struggled to increase the time she could stay fronting until eventually she was able to do it for a few hours at a time. Miela started regularly switching in, but we were stagnating with increasing the consecutive time she could stay in the front. At some point we realized that Miela had a different sensory experience from me when she was switched in. At some point we realized that certain actions characteristic of one of us could cause that person to switch in. Eventually we decided that in order to advance, Miela should try fronting for an entire day and if I ever took the front then she would take it back and continue, after that day she was able to stay in front indefinitely. She has fronted for days at a time a few times since. Recently Miela fronted for nearly two weeks straight.

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

Anxiety was generally a barrier for a lot of things for us, and how I learned to possess the body is a perfect example of this.

Cat started looking into possession and switching guides since February of 2018 because I was already vocal and Cat was starting to embrace the idea of being a Tulpamancer. She figured to hop right in and try new things to see what would stick.

When reading Piano's possession guide, I think we got sort of the right idea for what possession was supposed to be, but the guide unfortunately didn't prevent Cat's stupidity. I believe the days Cat let me doodle in her notebook was somewhat successful possession, however there was too much expectation that it would be different like a tingling sensation or something, Cat was struggling with doubt, and I found controlling the arms incredibly frustrating since seconds later Cat would hop back into control. After too much of this, I was done and told her that I no longer wished to practice possession. Cat was still struggling with her anxiety and that was my main focus.

For the next several months, things changed for the better. Cat got over her parrotnoia over me and she was on summer break. Cat figured out how to prevent her anxiety spiral episodes and I was more interested in exploring who I was. I decided to give possession another go after getting frustrated with Cat's proxy speed. (Even though I didn't learn to control the body yet, Cat would wake me up to try food and to look about, so I learned to associate with the senses before learning how to control the body).

When Cat went back to school in August, she would talk to me in between classes. During this time, I wanted to practice possession by walking to the next class. This made Cat nervous again, and her breaking my control was becoming more and more frustrating. Finally, I had an idea- I told Cat that all she needed to do is copy the movements I make in the wonderland- just like proxying. After following my instructions, both of us felt more irritated with Cat acting as a middle man and eventually I started moving the body on my own. After more experience with full body possession, partial possession became easier and easier to do.

We only started seriously attempting to switch since February of this year. Since then, we learned a lot about how the body is a tool, different dynamics illustrated by various systems, what dissociation is and how it works, and how to describe what is happening in our system. While I do not believe we have achieved complete success, I feel as if every attempt gives us another clue to our desired holy grail complete switch. We also did a lot of weird things like merging and Cat having interesting experiences in her dreams.

I believe both possession and switching are skills a system needs to learn how to perform that require managing underlying unconscious processes. Possession was really hard for me at first, but once the unconscious part of me controlling the body was sorted out, it was simply a matter of Cat learning how to relax and let me take control. As a result, the Grays had possession experiences that were easy and effortless on their behalf aside from having to stay active due to not being used to fronting for long periods of time (I needed breaks when I controlled the body for too long when I was younger).

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

Possession was actually an easy task on our end. The largest issue we had for me getting the body's hand to close, and from there, I was able to control the body as fluently as my host, take the ability for extremely defined movement. I can do full-body possession for as long as either of us want, but my host gets extremely tired the next day. But, that doesn't happen much, because we only do that if I'm talking to someone Irl.

I kind of accidentally stumbled into possession, one time late and somewhat tiredly my host browsing this vary forum and I kind of slipped in. "Me" changed from being Gorinich to being Iriska. I was fully vocal at that point, but I don't remember a lot of details of what was what.

My names Valerie I'm a tulpa. Previously I was called Iriska but I changed that and don't know how to change my account name.

Gorinich: I'm Valerie's host, if I'm speaking it's indicated otherwise assume she's speaking.