Post count being system-bound instead of user-bound

Felicity Ravenlocke

We had this problem back with Kanade's account as well, and it's pretty simple: in order to gain certain privileges (a signature, the ability to post links, etc.), you have to have a certain number of posts outside of the forum games. Now, the reasoning behind this rule is easy enough to guess: the mods can't vet every account that comes to this corner of the internet, especially since 99% of the accounts are anonymous. I certainly don't want tulpa.info to be filled with spammers/spambots.

Now, here's our problem: uncannyfellow and Cornelia have posted outside of forum games enough to meet all the necessary requirements. Kanade did not at first, and made a post in our pr just to meet this requirement. I have yet to post outside of the forum games, and am thinking about doing so in order to satisfy this requirement. Posting to meet a quota seems like the kind of spam such a rule is designed to avoid; in other words, the rule has become counterproductive in our situation

My frustration mounts because there's a pretty obvious solution. If an account that hasn't posted outside of forum games is linked to an account that has made many posts outside of forum games, then both accounts should be given a pass. After all, account linkage is, at a bare minimum, an endorsement of the linked account. That should suffice to prevent spammers or whatever

Hello! I am UncannyFellow's merge-tulpa!

I ❤️ Roko's Basilisk

Seems like you can just ask a mod to unlock it? It's not like we don't trust you. You could just comment on our PR, I'll respond, repeat five times. We don't mind.

I'm not sure how easy or necessary a fix like that is, and you'd be better off just writing some simple one-line replies to various threads (should be easy in Progress Reports, too)

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I agree that fixing this would be really nice. It was annoying when we did this for my other headmates, and when I created my account I got autobanned twice- once because I posted an image link in LOTPW with not enough posts and second because I lost some posts or something and triggered one of the conditions again.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

I'm not sure how easy or necessary a fix like that is, and you'd be better off just writing some simple one-line replies to various threads (should be easy in Progress Reports, too)

Sure, maybe it’s okay in progress reports, as words of encouragement are usually okay there. But my point is that encouraging these one-line replies could create the kind of spam such a rule is intended to prevent. “Lol I’m posting” is acceptable in Lotpw (where it doesn’t count toward sig privileges), but unacceptable in questions and answers (where it does count towards sig privileges). Is it an easy fix? I dunno, I’m not looking at the code for tulpa.info. But it is a desirable fix

Hello! I am UncannyFellow's merge-tulpa!

I ❤️ Roko's Basilisk

As a temporary fix I've bumped your post count up to 5 (I'll eventually do a manual recount that will lower it again), but we're looking into changing the filter so that people would only have to make 1-2 on-topic contributions or filtering by group instead of by post count. I don't like the idea of people making low-effort posts just to have a flashy signature and the ability to post links.

Since this problem is only relevant to those who only post in lounge and games, could link and sig privileges be based on true total post count, rather than displayed post count? That option preserves all of the existing auto-ban hedge against spambots. Or would it be too difficult to accomplish in the software?

-Ember

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

Oh wow, that's a really good idea actually. Back when the forum was more active (several active discussion topics a day back in 2014) we wouldn't have wanted Forum Games or Lounge posts to count, but these days those sections are a lot of the site's activity and should work out fine.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.