Really need donations-We now have Patreon

Pleeb

I'm flat broke this month and tulpa.info will kinda get shut down by the end of the month if someone doesn't donate $10.  Like, I'm usually pretty good with this, but the month has been a little hard  :O

We basically need about $20/month to stay running (sans other fees I cover on a yearly basis).  jean-luc (THANK YOU!) donates $10 once a month which really really helps.

Had me thinking, if every member that visited this site in the past week donated $10, we'd have well over $2000!  Heck, if everyone donated $2 we'd have enough to pay the hosting for a year!

But yeah, we kind of need at least $10 right now or the site sort of goes down until I get paid :x..

For those wondering what happens with donated money, I dump it directly into Linode.  If we ever get to the point where we have reserve funds (read as: linode is paid for at least a year) I'll start putting it into reserving funds to the domain name and then someday proper targetted ads; you can read about this, and donate, here: Donate • Tulpa.info

Thanks everyone!

EDIT: THANK YOU, we're good for this month:

VFxAu0i.png

But it's never too late to get started on next month, you know?

EDIT: You asked for it, we have a Patreon!  I hope I'm doing it right :) https://www.patreon.com/tulpa

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

Thank you! So, I was checking the views and stuff, .info got about 26 thousand unique visitors in the past 30 days. If only 0.01% of them donated, .info would be paid!

Spoiler

We used to have banner ads, but Google flagged the account because the topics on this forum are too controversial (a poll on gender preference, I believe was their qualm).

I've been considering having a single banner ad on the home page, and maybe some ads in Q&A (they tend to be tame google-policy speaking), but I haven't made up my mind on that yet.

Spoiler

That's probably a good idea. I don't know how Patreon works though, but it's good enough for a lot of Youtubers.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I for one would probably support a patreon to this forum, since it will be much more open, how much money is donated to the hosting.

I'd probably even donate, if I stop using it.

Haha please don't use my card credentials to track me down! Or you can, and we could chill and talk about website hosting and nerd shit. Lol thanks for hosting this shit.

"Now THATS a bad username"