Stanford Tulpa Study looking for more participants
(if you're chosen they'll pay for travel and lodging!)

Reminiscent Narration
Hey, this is a narration method I found myself doing a lot. I'm curious if any of you have done this in the past, because it comes kinda natural to me.

Often, it's quite boring to make sentences like: You're [personality trait] and will therefore [some action].

Often they appear without meaning to me.

So - What i usually do, is taking any kind of memory and retell it to my Tulpa. At some points which are interesting or appear to be right for this technique, I name the trait and state an action she would do in this situation.

As an example: ... and the first impression I had of him, was a very bad one. He had that pretentious grin on his face and was boasting about his abilities all the time. Well, I'm sure you, [Tulpa name], would have seen this completely different. Because you are empathic, you would have told me that he is just insecure about himself ...

What I find especially important about this is

- naming your Tulpa (definite recipient)
- naming personality trait
- not assuming action of Tulpa, but stating it as a fact

What I find beneficial for the personality-forming process, is that you (1) have a direct comparison to your own character, therefore it is easier to imagine (2) use old memories rather than making up stuff has a completely different dynamic (3) "energy" of old memory can be reused and put into Tulpa.
What is a Tulpa? Blog
Rainbow 'Alyx' Dash
Pronto

Sponsors:
Lolflash - click it, you know you want to

...and this is what I like to see. Thanks for the contribution, this sounds like if done the right way, it can make personality work marginally more interesting. I only wish I was working on a tulpa so that I could try it out.
Make a third, scrub.

Thanks for sharing the method, Bluesleeve.