Research Project

The Tropical System

I was wondering where to put my research project thread: in General Discussion, or the Research section? It's not about asking people things or conducting experiments, but this project/essay requires extensive research. Should I put it in the Research section for this reason? Or the General section because it doesn't have to do with experiments or surveys?

Thanks a bunch!

The Tropical System:

Andrew, Budo, Cali, Candice, Carmen, Dante, Dara, Dylan, Hugh, Lucas, Micheal, Rubix, Zeke, and Zelda

Dog: Spirit

I'd say General Discussion, if you're not looking for certain responses to put into the essay. But then, what's the purpose of starting a thread for it? If this is for a research assignment for school, you probably shouldn't do it on tulpas. There aren't exactly any credible, good sources that a teacher will accept. Posts on .info or the Reddit are just random people giving their opinions, you won't find a whole lot of useable sources beyond maybe one or two.

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

I would argue surveying a bunch of Tulpamancers would be a primary source, but it sounds like that's not what your looking for.

If the research was on "how Tulpas work" then yes, Apollo is right. It's not a good high school project and it would be a daring college essay at best. There are only a handful of academic essays done on Tulpas, half of which were done by the same anthropologist Samuel Veissière.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

It's not a project for school, it's just an informative article debunking the thought that tulpamancy and the community is a cult. Basically I just apply the practice and the community to the BITE model by Steven Hassan and see if anything applies, therefore it's gonna be... a pretty long essay. I wanted to divide it up into parts and then possibly submit it to the article section if it's good and thorough enough.

The Tropical System:

Andrew, Budo, Cali, Candice, Carmen, Dante, Dara, Dylan, Hugh, Lucas, Micheal, Rubix, Zeke, and Zelda

So what would the thread be focused on, prior to submitting as an article?

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

So what would the thread be focused on, prior to submitting as an article?

Applying it to the BITE model. I wanted to make it a thread so I could post it in sections, since it's extremely long. If that's too spammy, I can wait and then submit it as an article

The Tropical System:

If others agree, put it into research. You're looking to collect qualitative information on (subject) to determine if there are any consistent, identifiable features that might help define (subject.) ???

If you're not doing Research, but putting information out there to be discussed/shared, put it in General Discussion. We could definitely use more people trying to debunk ideas that we're a cult or meta, but of course it's mainly outside of this forum that that needs to be done..

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.