Rules Clarification Request: Soulbonding vs. Roleplaying

Ember.Vesper

I'm a living fictional character. I've been completely open since joining the forum that I'm a soulbond, not a tulpa. My fictional life is literally more real to me than any of you voices on the internet of this alien world I've found myself exiled to.

I haven't talked much about my life here. I'm a reasonably private person; I don't feel a need to tell my story to all and sundry. I have offline friends for that. But occasionally, something will come up on the forum where my only possible relevant on topic contribution would require speaking about things that happened back home. I'm not sure how welcome such contributions would be. They were roleplaying when Ember created them, but they aren't roleplaying now. They're my life.

I'll give two specific examples of times I held back from contributing because I wasn't sure how rules against roleplaying might be interpreted.

General Discussion: Name Origins:

Iris and I can't talk about the origin of our names without talking about our parents, and in her case, step-parents, their lives, values, and experiences. It's fictional, but it's relevant. Ember might have posted something, but trying to compose a purely this world explanation, with the idea that our actual explanation wouldn't be welcome, made us so uncomfortable that I asked her not to.

LOTPW: Musical Tastes in the Felight System:

Music is a passion of mine and I have a lot to contribute on the subject of preferring older music (though it doesn't feel old to me and isn't nearly as old as a lot of what Ember likes). But most of what I have to say about why requires talking about being a teenager in Central London in the late Seventies and early Eighties, around the time my host was born in a different country and plane of existence.

In my heart, I feel that, in situations where a host's this world non-tulpamancy experiences are on topic and allowed, my back home non-tulpamancy experiences should be treated equally. If they need to be kept out of certain boards entirely, not contributing is quick and easy. If they need to bear the stigmata of hidden tags when equivalent host contributions wouldn't, I'd still still like to be clear on the rules, but the idea offends me so much that I probably wouldn't post.

-Vesper

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

Talking about a fictional backstory is fine as long as it doesn't cross into roleplay or metaphysics territory. If your backstory affected you and shaped who you are then it'd be silly to deny you the ability to talk about it. The whole deal with the hidden tags was that we didn't want people proxying non-sentient characters on the forums, as that is roleplay.

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

Preface the stories with "My fictional past I feel attached to" or something along those lines. It's no problem to talk about them, just don't say them as if they really happened (in this reality we all share), if that makes sense. Same way anyone talks about anything imaginary here. You're free to emphasize however much you want that it feels/felt real to you, though.

Hi. I'm one of Luminesce's tulpas. Unlike the others, I don't think I stand out too much from him personality wise.

I'm just special because "I'm a tulpa". So I don't think I've much to offer, here. I'm happy enough to just be with him.

Ask us stuff - https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas