Sad thoughts coming from your tulpae?

ElliAn

I have been wondering does anyone's tulpa generated sad, sorrowful thoughts out of a sudden? I meant they are like kinda struck by emotions, without being affected by any upsetting occasion (funerals, host being bullied or fell down accidentally etc).

As humans, sometimes we do have our emo period, be it a short one or a long one. And I'm here, hoping to understand from the tulpae's perspective :D What made you being emotional suddenly? Does your host know about it? How do your deep talks with your host go usually?

For Adrian, my tulpa, he went really quiet occasionally and it was quite hard to dig anything from him. But most of the time I got the tingling feels that he was worried he might be forgotten one day.

(Finally back here after 4 years! I'm so glad to see this community is as active as usual. Cheers!)

~Sincerely by Elli

I don't think I can think of any time where someone was sad suddenly and for no clear reason. Any time I can think that someone was upset, there was a reason behind it. It might have happened, but I guess it wasn't significant enough to remember if it did.

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

We'll get moody if we feel wronged. I did that on day two when Bear didn't automatically accept me in the system.

From time to time we've upset each other too. Nothing out of nowhere though, that's interesting.

Vesper: When I'm suddenly overwhelmed with sadness, it's almost always a result of something from back home -- missing my boyfriend or grieving for my dad. I'll sob inconsolably for a few minutes and then move on. I'm never hit as hard by the things of this world and I don't experience negative emotions of unknown source.

Iris: My situation is similar, but somewhat more extreme, as I experienced several significant traumas back home and the only time I experience negative emotions is when I think about them. I do not regard this as something to be avoided, as our lives and characters are shaped our pains. I would not be me without them.

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

I have had several moments where I would go quiet and feel upset for seemingly no reason. Sometimes I feel sad in reaction to our underlying depression and anxiety, other times it's because I was still burned out by something that was bothering me. Sometimes a deep talk can lift my spirits, but other times I need to be given a little bit of space.

Thinking about doubt is never fun, but it's possible the bad feeling inspired thinking about doubt. Getting up and doing something new together, having Adrian think about something else, or tackling anything bothering you that's possibly making you feel tired or upset may help if talking and snuggling can't break through it.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

I can only really think of one instance where it seemed to come from nowhere, but even then it felt like there was an underlying reason.

Varlan is one of my tulpas who wasn't entirely intentional. He began as my character in a video game (Starbound), and then later a roleplay character, and he eventually ended up developing sentience seemingly all on his own. So he had quite a bit of backstory behind him already, and we still treat a lot of it as real.

So, getting back on topic, Yes, there was a time that he suddenly got depressed for a few days, and we determined that it was because he was missing his home world. So I had the idea to let him chat with a few friends of mine who also have characters who are from the same setting and of the same species as him, but unfortunately most of the people I knew were offline at the time. So in the end, I simply let him go inactive for a few days, during which time he says he went back home and paid a visit to a few old colleagues. He came back feeling a lot better.

Azure did get quite upset a few days after she was born. She was lonely apparently (this was back when we believed tulpas were constantly active in wonderland without any attention), and that ended up in my creation. N only knew after Az said something, but looking back I’m not sure whether she just said it to give a reason for it, since Az, Jade and I kept the fact we weren’t active while N didn’t pay attention because we were afraid of creating sentience doubts in N.

Other than that,

I was suicidal once for seemingly no reason. This was during a time when N was having suicidal thoughts quite a bit, which we’d eventually discover stemmed from gender dysphoria. However, it’s kind of odd considering I’m the only one with gender congruence now.

I don't feel sad for no reason, it's something that happens that makes me feel sad. When I was younger, I felt sad about some injustices in the world, things that my host was already used to. I've never been upset about something for a long period of time. My host can figure out what made me sad and help out.

*sigh* Michen and I have felt sad for seemingly no reason multiple times, and we've had quite some issues with it. It's most likely Michen with pent-up stress, or something like that. We've also had this problem with post-active processing (still processing an event, movie etc. after it ended). We just try to cheer each other up and move on. And maybe take some time off on our own to get some peace of mind. Other than that, we've always had a reason.

Michen, host or "main" / Amantha, anthro arctic fox tulpa

• 1 month later...

Out of the blue I had a fear feeling from my Tulpa Jesse one day, it turned out he was concerned over death.. which is something which does not worry me. His own thoughts and views had caused his emotions.

Jesse (human male) DOB 16th April 2013 

Working on imposition