SakuraSky's Journal

SakuraSky

Hi, I'm a 26 year old woman from Ohio who very recently stumbled upon the concept of Tulpas. I'm seeking to create a tulpa for both practical reasons (helping with focus, intrusive thoughts, effectiveness, confidence) as well as companionship. I'm an only child and my whole life I've wished I could have had a sister. I envied the sibling bond I saw between brothers and sisters.

I have her basic appearance in mind, it's like a flickering photograph in my mind with a lot of missing detail. Slender and short (maybe 4'11" or so). Very elf-like in appearance (not sure yet if she will actually be an elf). She has long, straight chestnut brown hair and bangs cut straight across her forehead. She appears to be wearing a simple white sun dress and no shoes. She appears to be in her early teens and still views the world with a sense of wonder and curiosity. There is something about her that makes her wise beyond her years though (perhaps going back to the elf thing). I got it in my mind to call her Sparrow (not sure where that came from). This is basically my starting point. I have a list of traits I intend to work on in time.

Since yesterday I've been doing passive forcing, which doesn't seem too difficult. Active forcing was a bit problematic though. I clearly need to work on my visualization and concentration skills. I at least managed to create a very basic plan for my wonderland (a clearing in a forest with a small house carved into the trunk of a giant oak tree)

I likely won't have time for active forcing today (not much time, anyway) so I'll try to make up for it with extra passive forcing.

I'll try to keep up with my progress on here. I can also occasionally be found on IRC, so don't be afraid to say Hi!

Host: Sakura

Tulpa: Sarah (began June 5th, 2014), Alyx (Began July 23rd, 2014)

Our shared tumblr

note: usually browsing on mobile, so cannot quote properly

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh! Hi! Wow yeah we spoke in IRC and I had no idea we were so similar! This is so cool! 26, a woman, AND in Ohio! Awesome! We gatta talk more. Check your inbox :D I'm gunna PM you

Date Started Forcing: 6/04/2014 at ~11:35am EST

Tulpa's Name: Tyrone

Progress so far: Tulpish

Working on: vocalization

June 6, 2014 @ 4:15pm

Mostly narrating / passive forcing today. I think I might have had some brief head pressure situations earlier. I'm finding I'm having a harder time mentally holding on to her form... Maybe she is trying to change it, or it's just unclear to me for some reason. I'm not sure if I should be puppetting and parroting (act out her responses for her) or just continue to narrate and force and encourage her to reach out to me on her own. Any advice on how to proceed would be helpful. Parroting is something I'm not very good with, I can't really come up with responses that sound like her instead of sounding like me. Is that usual? Thanks for any advice

Our shared tumblr

June 6th, 2014 @ 6:30pm

Created a list of traits I hope to teach / impart onto Sparrow

1. Curious / inquisitive

2. Helpful / encouraging

3. Warm / kind

4. Intelligent / rational

5. Perceptive

6. Optimistic / cheerful

7. Trustworthy / honest

8. Self-confident

9. Open minded / non judgemental

10. Nature and animal lover

11. Non jealous

12. Sentimental / open with emotions

13. Calm (not anxious)

14. Musical

15. Strong (mentally / emotionally)

Our shared tumblr

I'm not sure if I should be puppetting and parroting (act out her responses for her) or just continue to narrate and force and encourage her to reach out to me on her own. Any advice on how to proceed would be helpful.

That's entirely up to you. Both have been established as useful forcing methods, and which method you choose depends on what you feel works best for you.

I come out of hibernation once in a blue moon.

They/them pronouns, please. (I've been using this display name since 2012 and people won't recognize me if I change it.)

June 7th, 2014 @ 11:15

I believe I'm beginning to get some thoughts from Sparrow. In fact, as I typed that the phrase "of course you are" popped into my mind. I'm having a hard time distinguishing which thoughts are mine and which are hers, but I figure she will develop her own mind voice in time". I am a very verbal thinker and think in words more often than I think in images, so it kind of makes sense that she would reveal herself this way first.

I've been working some on visualization. For now, I find that it's easier to picture her as a 2d anime-like character instead of a full 3d form. I explained to her that I will attempt to improve my skills so I can visualize her in a full 3d form (unless she prefers to stay in the anime form.)

I'm still narrating as much as a can. I'm getting a lot of headaches, I figure it probably comes with the territory. Last night before bed I read through my list of traits. I explained each one to her and explained why I hoped she would have that trait as part of her personality. I explained to her that I would not force her to accept any traits that she feels aren't compatible with her, and that these are just traits I hope she has.

Our shared tumblr

Say hello to Shara for me :D

Date Started Forcing: 6/04/2014 at ~11:35am EST

Tulpa's Name: Tyrone

Progress so far: Tulpish

Working on: vocalization

I'll let her know!

June 8th, 2014 @ 7:30pm

Her name is Sarah. Hopefully this is the last name change. I think "Shara" was just my misunderstanding. Today was mainly passive forcing with some active as well. The mind voices are still getting mixed up, but I definitely got some emotions that came from her. I can picture her face a little better now, especially her smile. I'm just full of nurturing feelings, I want to help her be the best that she can. I get feelings that are like her hugging me in encouragement, even though we can't communicate very well yet (or perhaps I just can't process her communication very well). It's hard to explain. I just have to keep doing my best (and I know she will as well).

Any comments, advice, etc are always appreciated!

Our shared tumblr

Hi, Sarah! Fennec said I should say hi to you, since we have the same name. :)

-Sarah

I come out of hibernation once in a blue moon.

They/them pronouns, please. (I've been using this display name since 2012 and people won't recognize me if I change it.)