Self-Imposition

motorheadlk

My mind just won't stop thinking about it. I don't even know if this is the correct session for this, it could be on questions and answers as well as on general discussion, but I think it fits better here.

So, I was reading something about fighting with your tulpa and I thought "It's not fair, she's able to perceive the wonderland in a different level" then I thought "Only if you fight IRL trough imposition, but that would be messy with your body jumping here and there, and then I thought "You could sort of create a body for you to fight with your tulpa, and then you would have the same vision a imposed tulpa has". Then the thought came to my head "Wouldn't it be something like astral projection?" "How far could you go without your body?" and things like that.

So, what I suggest here is simple. This, of course, needs to be done by someone who already mastered imposition and probably by someone who can switch too.

First, imagine a form, it doesn't needs to be anything in particular, like a humanoid, it can just be a orb or something like that. When you're done with that, impose this orb on your field of vision, the same way you did with your tulpa. Now, do as if you're going to switch with your tulpa, but only detach yourself from your body, ask her not to switch with you. Proceed by trying to possess the form you made in your wonderland and imposed on your field of vision. This is the hardest part and I sincerely don't quite know how you should proceed, only try to mimic what you did when you switched bodies and was in a body in your wonderland.

A useful exercise for this is to do the same with switch and "possess" the body you created on your wonderland, but let your tulpa on her body, not yours. Now you both have the same vision of the wonderland (and it's fair for a game haha).

If this can be done succefully, both you and your tulpa could "play" in real life, but far more important than this, we could learn how the perception of a imposed tulpa feels and works.

I'm brazilian and my english is not really good, I'll do every mistake you imagine, but I'll try to avoid them.

Tulpa: Kuruminha

Form: My avatar.

Sentience: Confirmed.

Mindvoice: Not yet.

Working on: Visualization and Mindspeaking.

For the purposes you thought of this method, that is having the same vision as your tulpa, this method is unnecessarily complicated. You could just switch out of your body and you will get the same clarity of your surroundings like your tulpa does.

I'm not sure how self-imposition will benefit the user, but I would certainly like to see it tested more.

Btw, Atasco has done this already and Clint has done it now as well

For the purposes you thought of this method, that is having the same vision as your tulpa, this method is unnecessarily complicated. You could just switch out of your body and you will get the same clarity of your surroundings like your tulpa does.

That's true, but I thought actually having a method to self-impose could feel different. However, I acknowledge that to actually point a how tulpa see, simply switching out would do the trick.

I'm not sure how self-imposition will benefit the user, but I would certainly like to see it tested more.

Btw, Atasco has done this already and Clint has done it now as well

This is really interesting. You brain simulates places you don't know by what it thinks they would look like. It really is like Astral Projection (Except most guys think that they are actually seing the world as it is, not a simulation of it).

I wonder how it feels to explore the world when you're only simulating it. I mean, are your senses active? Can you eat food of a simulated place and taste as realistic as a real food would? Or maybe it would only taste the same as it does in your wonderland?

I'm brazilian and my english is not really good, I'll do every mistake you imagine, but I'll try to avoid them.

With me, it feels like the senses would be dullened a bit and generally it's just like switching but at the time the body hasn't got a consciousness controlling it. I can also impose my wonderland form but if I don't switch out from my body the form is empty and it's just a hologram.

It's just like being a tulpa, but both your and your tulpa's form can be imposed at the same time. Technically it would be possible to make a servitor to control the body while self imposing but it could suddenly develop to an accidental tulpa which I don't want to happen.

Edit: spelling

Shai

Form: Fluttershy minus the cutie mark and with yellow eyes

Telk

Form: Ninth Doctor or a Dalek

Cherry

Form: Human female, medium length dark violet hair, late teen/ young adult

http://onicron.tumblr.com/

With me, it feels like the senses would be dullened a bit and generally it's just like switching but at the time the body hasn't got a consciousness controlling it. I can also impose my wonderland form but if I don't switch out from my body the form is empty and it's just a hologram.

It's just like being a tulpa, but both your and your tulpa's form can be imposed at the same time. Technically it would be possible to make a servitor to control the body while self imposing but it could suddenly develop to an accidental tulpa which I don't want to happen.

Edit: spelling

Have you tried going away from your body, like, trying to go to the street and see what people were doing? That's probably one of the best things to do while you're self-imposing.

• 4 weeks later...

The problem of switching, is that if you enter tulpa like state, you need skills to be able to know what's happening when you aren't in control of your body, and would be for example in your wonderland.

I wonder if that's a skill that can be developed.

The problem of switching, is that if you enter tulpa like state, you need skills to be able to know what's happening when you aren't in control of your body, and would be for example in your wonderland.

What are you talking about? You don't need any "skills" to be able to know what is happening (even as a tulpa) besides having healthy functional brain.

You're not in control of it, doesn't mean you're not aware of your body.

I still have some "feel" of the body even when I'm in a tulpalike state. It's a bit like lucid dreaming, I know what the body is doing at the time and I have some sense of sight (I can see something the physical eyes are looking at) and touch (like when in your sleep you have drooled on your pillow or a limb is at a painful angle). This applies both with self imposing and switching (the touch part).

Shai

Form: Fluttershy minus the cutie mark and with yellow eyes

Telk

Form: Ninth Doctor or a Dalek

Cherry

Form: Human female, medium length dark violet hair, late teen/ young adult

http://onicron.tumblr.com/