When To Parrot Your Tulpa

Goldheart

Question

Hello, everyone! Elise and I have been talking about this for a couple of days or so, and I think she's given me the idea to make a guide for this sort of thing. Now, parroting is a very touchy subject; some guides say to avoid it completely while others say that they can help a tulpa grow faster. This guide's purpose is to provide something in-between.

Part 1: Know the difference.

Elise has already proven she's sentient and sapient, and we have been talking a lot more now that she's vocal, but the strange thing is she asks me to parrot her from time to time. When your tulpa is developed enough that it asks this, you're going to find it's very hard to parrot him/her on your own. Elise gets annoyed very easily when I come back to this subject, so I try not to think about it.

So, there is a very big difference that can be felt when your tulpa has a thought and when you do. The sources feel the same at first, but then they begin to drift apart. When this happens and you can tell the difference between you parroting your tulpa and your tulpa speaking for him/herself, you're ready to use that knowledge to help it out.

In short, parroting will be okay when you truly know you are not speaking your tulpa's thoughts. Until them, let them speak. Hear their thoughts as they are.

Part 2: "Correcting makes me stronger!"

As I have said before, Elise has asked me to parrot her before. When I do so, she finds it easier to speak the thought herself. Elise has told me a couple of times that when i correct her, I'm giving her a new thought to think. Now, correcting and parroting are two different things. Correcting a tulpa's thought is not parroting. Sometimes your tulpa might not know how to say a certain thing which can lead to some confusion. However, if you take some time to think about the thought s/he makes, as to what context it applies to, you may find you are helping your tulpa mentally develop.

Part 3: "Parrot me please!"

That was what Elise just told me just as I was trying to come up with a title for the part. Now that we've established what isn't parroting and when it starts to become okay, we know when parroting is a good thing for tulpa development. So here's the big question we've come up to:

When is it okay to parrot your tulpa? The answer's simple:

When he/she asks you to!

You should always have your tulpa's permission before you make it say something. You're guiding it so it can guide your brain. Think of it as a pair of training wheels you're putting on your tulpa's vocal chords. Sometimes, they'll need the wheels. At other times, they won't need them as much. You have to encourage them to speak, and if you give him/her some praise in how its speaking to you, you'll find they will get better at speaking over time. Sometimes, you may notice your tulpa can't say something in its mindvoice so he/she will flash you a thought that is similar, but not in the mindvoice. At this point, ask him/her if s/he wants you to make him/her say what they wanted to say for next time when he/she want to say it again. If he/she says yes, then just calm down, clear your thoughts for a second, and think of him/her saying the thought in mindvoice.

Oh, and don't get used to it and do this too often. Just ask them every now and then. You'll know when to ask; it's when your tulpa is struggling with a thought.

Part 4: The Process

So, now that everything's been laid out, what's the best way to go through with this? Well, it requires a lot of thinking and forethought, but I can lay it out in steps.

Step 1: Hear the thought. Simple enough. You'll hear a thought that comes out strange, but it was your tulpa's thought.

Step 2: Type it out so you don't forget it.

Step 3: Break the thought down and look for the context.

Step 4: Rewrite the thought so that it makes more sense to the both of you.

Step 5: Ask your tulpa if he/she wants you to parrot the correct thought.

Step 6: If yes, make him/her say the thought just once. You're teaching him/her how to say the thought more easily for later.

Anyway, that's all for the guide for now. If you have a question or a comment, please ask away here. I'll update this guide as time goes on. Thanks for reading.

Elise: Female Skykitty, 2 Years Old (10/28/12) Stage: Visualization

This is hardly useful, especially for people with a troubled, invasive mind, the uncanny habit of always imagining what-if situations at every possible moment, general intrusive thoughts filling the void, or/and the lack of ability to focus worth a damn. "Hearing" or "seeing" thoughts is bullshit.

I can relate to the correction part in this guide, though; Pinkie would often get names wrong or use the incorrect word for something, and still does on some occasions now and then. These days, instead of directly correcting her by imagining the correct phrase for her, I go "It's called X." and then politely ask her to repeat what she said. but using the correction. Back when what she said was almost entirely manually parroted, I just corrected what she said and moved on, pretending the incorrect sentence never happened.

One important thing that I definitely found useful for seperating the tupper's "thoughts" (heh) and yours is entirely devoting the mindvoice to the tupper. As such, telepathy is banned, and you only communicate to him/her via direct speech or just whispering, as long as it comes out of the mouth (no pun intended). It's rather impossible to accidentally mix your spoken voice with that of your tupper, so this is a relatively easy fix for a common problem. The mindvoice is either just a very subtle voice or the acknowledgement of an emotion phrased into a sentence, and they are hard to miss if you just put your head in "listen mode" (server logic) without necessarily "listening" in the sense of the word, hence why I hate it. Rather, it's more like "trying not to think about anything else".

I can't even parrot Roswell when his mindvoice is just so.. Heavy and I can't quite replicate that feeling. Never parroted and never felt the need either. Look at me being useless in a thread, wooo.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

I don't think I can find a whole lot objectively wrong with this guide. Could use that disclaimer I guess, but there aren't a lot of 'opinions' in here. I don't think the criticism above is really substantial enough to warrant a disapproval from me, so I'll approve for Guides.

I dunno how my previous post was an outright disapproval in your eyes, but well uh.

This guide has some useful things but some things just confuse me. The guide says it's okay to parrot when your tupper asks you to. How? If someone creates a tupper by parroting, they can't really have the tupper say if it's okay or not. Which almost seems to be the main thing in this guide considering "when to parrot your tulpa" is the title and all. So is this really a guide about how to parrot after gaining sapience/vocality? I don't really know and I'm pretty conflicted here. I think that really needs to be made sure first before I can really make any decisions about this, but the guide writer is most likely gone and will never answer or write it in the guide itself.

Luckily, even if this does get disapproved, we do have a couple of more guides about parroting and creating tulpas.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)