Shadow and Humphrey's Journey
Focusing on anything on the outside will anchor you to the outside. Focusing on a tree would have a different effect depending on if it's a tree on the outside or just a tree.

For example, if Humphrey focused on eating, or chatting with someone and Shadow focused on the ponyville library, you might pull off a switch.
Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

Sponsors:
Lolflash - click it, you know you want to

So, what I'm getting from this is that when Shadow concentrated on nothing but me, he entered our head. And if he or I concentrated on something being there, inside our head, it would be there.

But also, if he focused on doing something inside our head, and I focused on doing something outside our head, then (with practice) I would actually be on the outside doing things? 
I'm sorry if it seems like I'm asking obvious questions. We're still new to this, but the more I learn about it, the more interested I get. I'm starting to think Shadow's judgement was pretty good on this one. It seems fairly logical. I don't see how science could disprove it.
Yeah, that's the gist of it. Though, usually it is explained a little differently.
Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.
I'm glad you're doing well. It's really magical when you're able to focus on nothing but each other for a period of time.
Kind of like meditation, I guess?
How did you guys go about the thought process focusing in? Was it like a filter everything else out kind of deal?
Yeah, filtering everything else out was the main strategy. I actually started by walking around focusing on nothing but balancing a pencil between my fingers until I managed to make my vision blur out everything else. Really irritated the person I was bringing the pencil to. Once I had that cleared mind, I just sat down and switched my focus to Humphrey. It took a few minutes, but I got there.

I actually learned yesterday just how important it is to make sure I actually do filter everything else out first. The results of the first try excited me so much that I couldn't wait to go back. I tried to skip past clearing my mind, and it ended horribly. So many thoughts kept popping into my head that I couldn't focus, and that day ended up a failure.

But I learned from that today, and spend a good 10 minutes focusing on an image of grass in my mind. I managed to create just a simple wonderland. Just a dirt and grass landscape spreading as far as the eye can see, and the sun overhead. After about a minute, I found Humphrey, and he led me to a stream that I didn't create. Apparently, he decided to help out a little. We had a little race, ate an apple at a tree I managed to add in, and then just sat and talked for a little bit. He still isn't using his voice, but his image has gotten much clearer in my head. Eventually, we said our goodbyes, and I came back here. But I still have the image of him sitting there in my mind. It's nice to know he's right there if I need him.