Hello There, Guest! Register

Tulpa Community Census 2018

Should I make a tulpa
TheDreader Offline
Registered

Threads: 2

Should I make a tulpa

In short at some point in time I wanted to make a tulpa then later gave up because of few reasons (like of motivation, patience, insecurity)

Would a tulpa help me with feeling physical loneliness? despite having friends online?

And no I'm not new to this

So what do you think?
08-05-2018, 09:25 AM
Find Reply

Sponsors:
Lolflash - click it, you know you want to

Miri Offline
Registered

Threads: 1

RE: Should I make a tulpa

If by physical loneliness you mean having someone to cuddle with, etc...most likely you'd need to master imposition/lucid dreaming or at least be REALLY good at visualization. A tulpa can help you with loneliness on an emotional level by default, just by creating them you already have someone that is gonna be there for you, unless you're a dick towards them or something.

Akai: 5'6 female with red hair, blue eyes and fox ears/tail.
Miri: clone of myself but better, the girl in my profile's avatar. 
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2018, 10:20 AM by Miri.)
08-05-2018, 09:38 AM
Find Reply
Rachel Gardner Away
RachelTheFictionkin
Registered

Threads: 0
1 Attached Account

(08-05-2018, 09:38 AM)Miri Wrote: If by physical loneliness you mean having someone to cuddle with, etc...most likely you'd need to master imposition/lucid dreaming or at least be REALLY good at visualization. A tulpa can help you with loneliness on an emotional level by default, just by creating them you already have someone that is gonna be there for you, unless you're a dick towards them or something.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

"Keeping a pet serial killer is kind of hard." - Rachel Gardner, 2018
08-05-2018, 12:41 PM
Website Find Reply
Lucilyn Offline
Very Hop'n Hop'n Hoppy
Registered

Threads: 6
Linked Accounts

tups make good lifelong companions who're always there for you (and vice versa!)

Hi I'm one of Lumi's tulpas. I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.
All of my posts should be read at a hundred miles per hour because that's probably how they were written.
Please talk to me https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas
08-05-2018, 02:10 PM
Find Reply
Srn347 Online
Registered

Threads: 1

Indeed they do. That said, by all means take as much time as you need to make such a decision. Create or not create, there is no uncreate.

Yo, my name is Sean and I'm the host of 2 tulpas: Sente and Mae. You'll know when they're talking because Sente talks in yellow text and Mae talks in blue text.
08-05-2018, 06:09 PM
Find Reply
reguile Offline
Chat Moderator
Chat Moderators

Threads: 7

I want to say that you need to take a lot of caution with this. A tulpa can help you out a lot in your life, that shouldn't be underplayed, but if you fail to keep a sound mind through the process tulpamancy can end up making things a lot worse as all your insecurities and worries are given voice.
08-06-2018, 12:30 PM
Find Reply
Cat_ShadowGriffin Offline
and Ranger
Registered

Threads: 15
1 Attached Account

(08-06-2018, 12:30 PM)reguile Wrote: I want to say that you need to take a lot of caution with this. A tulpa can help you out a lot in your life, that shouldn't be underplayed, but if you fail to keep a sound mind through the process tulpamancy can end up making things a lot worse as all your insecurities and worries are given voice.

What?

I'm not sure how Tulpamancy can do that for you. The only problems a not-sound mind did for me was stress about everything, but Tulpamancy itself didn't trigger that. I was already creating other thoughtforms that were spitting back my stress and insecurities, and that was before I knew about Tulpæ.

Stress in adition to Tulpamancy should be avoided if possible, but having stress or anxiety doesn't mean you can't have a Tulpa.

Don't worry guys, I'm not a Dragon! My art style is an optical illusion. I'm not a hippo either, I promise.
Ranger usually speaks in azure text, but some of his older posts are in orange text.
08-06-2018, 01:08 PM
Find Reply
Lucilyn Offline
Very Hop'n Hop'n Hoppy
Registered

Threads: 6
Linked Accounts

(08-06-2018, 01:08 PM)Cat_ShadowGriffin Wrote: What?

I'm not sure how Tulpamancy can do that for you.

uhhhh.. just take our word for this I guess, he's not referring to stress so much as lack of mental discipline/vulnerability to invasive thoughts and other stuff like that. valid concern given the OP's previous experiences

Hi I'm one of Lumi's tulpas. I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.
All of my posts should be read at a hundred miles per hour because that's probably how they were written.
Please talk to me https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas
08-06-2018, 05:54 PM
Find Reply
Cat_ShadowGriffin Offline
and Ranger
Registered

Threads: 15
1 Attached Account

(08-06-2018, 05:54 PM)Lucilyn Wrote: uhhhh.. just take our word for this I guess, he's not referring to stress so much as lack of mental discipline/vulnerability to invasive thoughts and other stuff like that. valid concern given the OP's previous experiences

Ah okay, I misunderstood "unstable mind" to mean just stress or going through a difficult time. I had (and still do have) these issues once I realized Ranger was a Tulpa, but I didn't want to kill him since he was already sentient and I didn't want to stop talking to him (at that point, feeling like I couldn't talk to him anymore would result in a lot more mental instability). Since then, I forced the both of us into some snags that a more mature person starting Tulpamancy likely would have avoided.

If you have any doubts about making a Tulpa, I don't recommend jumping into it without thinking about what the consequences would be. If you feel lonely, I can't promise having a Tulpa will fix the problem 100% either. It's better to have social contact with at least one other person on a regular basis, Tulpa or no Tulpa...

Don't worry guys, I'm not a Dragon! My art style is an optical illusion. I'm not a hippo either, I promise.
Ranger usually speaks in azure text, but some of his older posts are in orange text.
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2018, 12:00 AM by Cat_ShadowGriffin.)
08-06-2018, 11:58 PM
Find Reply
solarchariot Offline
It's bigger on the inside
Forum Moderators

Threads: 14

(08-06-2018, 01:08 PM)Cat_ShadowGriffin Wrote: What?...

Stress in adition to Tulpamancy should be avoided if possible, but having stress or anxiety doesn't mean you can't have a Tulpa.

I am more curious about the stress part of this. Please tell me how to eliminate stress... Smile

I personally have found tulpamancy very helpful in diminishing loneliness. Not a hundred percent. I still have days where like I am wanting something and can't focus and would love to have someone to talk to, and on these days, it's a little more challenging to tune into my inner life. Sometimes, I fail to remember I can go in. Yesterday, I spent four hours at pre-k registering son, and there was so many distractions, random screams, parents chasing kids, and well, I completely forgot Loxy was with me. Fortunately, she's very understanding and when I like got to a calm place, she was like, 'well, that was interesting...'

So, basically, real life remains real, inner life becomes realer than real... Smile
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2018, 06:14 PM by solarchariot.)
08-07-2018, 06:07 PM
Find Reply