Preferred term?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Preferred term?

• Creator
    • Forcer
    • Tulpamancer
    • Owner
    • Host

What is your preferred term for someone who has a tulpa or is creating a tulpa?

Name: Philip

Form: Male teenage human, light brown hair, green eyes, jeans & hoodie

Name: Amalia

Form: Female teenage fairy, black hair, blue eyes, white dress

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am..... a Creator.

Now doesn't that sounds clear and pure to the ears.

tulpamancer is a mouthfull, and Host sounds like you have some kind of parasite inside your mind.

you don't own your tulpa so Owner is out, and Forcer would just get us confused with Star warz.

BUT! tbh i don't like any of these terms, creator sounds nice but is WAY to board it could mean almost anything.

And i really can't picture someone saying "So your a creator?"

we need something else.

pix: Link

Diary: http://ponystasha.tumblr.com

Koomer.

I just go with the simple term Creator, since a person creates a tulpa. It would make much more sense to someone new, someone who is not that familiar with tulpas. Other terms might confuse them or give a different meaning. It is the least ridiculous sounding choice I think.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” - Albus Dumbledore

Tulpas: Sarah, and Monty

I just call Jazz and I equals? That's the best term I could put to it. I mean we share a body, and while he was technically created, he had to exist on some level within myself before hand anyway. Host sounds like something parasitic, creator is eh in my head because Judeochristan nonsense, Tulpamancer sounds neet and so on. I feel like I would like some kind of play on the word coincide, but I can't make anything sound right.

Jaden just calls me his host. He says calling me a 'creator' almost makes him feel like he's talking to someone 'so high above him', like it has religious connotations. He said he would rather not even call me his host, but he mostly does it in the IRC so he doesn't have to say Kate which always pings pronas into thinking we are talking about his tulpa.

EDIT: He and I actually like creator for someone in the process of making a tulpa, but for someone with a finished tulpa, that starts to sound odd. Someone in a stage where we are (mostly finished tulpa, sentient and vocal, working on imposition etc and basically just getting used to living together and helping the tulpa become more independent) is when we like the word host. Though to be honest we don't like any of them so much.

Luke thinks tulpamancer is hilarious and he approves.

People might think tulpae are a spiritual thing if they hear it, but we do kind of act like a Medium

Medium/Media

a. A surrounding environment in which something functions and thrives.

b. The substance in which a specific organism lives and thrives.

De bedste og smukkeste ting i verden kan hverken ses eller røres, de må opleves med hjertet.