The Big Question [Progress Report]

Dishwhiskers

Hi Dishwhiskers, that's a cute name.

The creation process is not always the host's idea. We (Tulpae) kinda forced ourselves on our host. I can understand why Unknown was angry up to a point, we were all hungry and frustrated that we couldn't communicate. Even the strongest among us could only ping him slightly. But once he could communicate with us, even if he didn't want us right away, we weren't going to take no for an answer. When he accepted us, the frustration (you could call it like anger) was gone. We have our problems like any group of people who live together, but we care about him, so we work it out.

It sounds like he cares about you too, since he continues to help you. I'm happy to hear that.

We're here to help too, you'll find a lot of support here.

Updated.

Updated again.

Hi Dishwhiskers, that's a cute name.

The creation process is not always the host's idea.  We (Tulpae) kinda forced ourselves on our host.  I can understand why Unknown was angry up to a point, we were all hungry and frustrated that we couldn't communicate.  Even the strongest among us could only ping him slightly.  But once he could communicate with us, even if he didn't want us right away, we weren't going to take no for an answer.  When he accepted us, the frustration (you could call it like anger) was gone.  We have our problems like any group of people who live together, but we care about him, so we work it out.

It sounds like he cares about you too, since he continues to help you.  I'm happy to hear that.

We're here to help too, you'll find a lot of support here.

Thanks!

And yeah that was kinda my thought too.

To add to what Vos said, for example, I didn't realize the first post had changed.

I remember Misha ran her finger down my back when i got out of the shower. It was something completely different than I'd ever felt before. She found it amusing, i didn't at the time, but it helped me fight doubts. I later said they can do anything they want even if it weirds me out. The occurances are rare, we are working on it.

Personality has shifted for mine. Dashie is way more assertive. Ashley was more assertive but is very much the opposite now. Misha went from scary and impish at times to the kindest and most loving. She woudn't ever do anything malicious now.

I didn't do any personality forcing.

And yeah, it was just easier at the time since he was super quiet.

I'd recommend posting new updates as separate posts so that people could potentially give feedback if that's something you want.

I don't really feel like making a new thread for only four sentences, I don't really write a lot.

• 3 weeks later...

By "new Post" Vos didn't mean a new thread, lol. You can reply to your own progress report, but if you prefer updating a Google doc instead that's fine. It would be helpful to post which days you updated so your progress report doesn't get buried. Don't worry about this thread, a moderator can merge it to your first thread.

EDIT: Apparently I went on a nutty episode and derailed the thread. I'm sorry. I find Unknown fascinating as a person and I look forward to learning more about him. If what I said bothers you, I'll delete it.

[hidden]

Anyway, Unknown has the vibe of a *Gray, and I want to squish and cuddle him because he's so cute! He's an interesting mix of Dark Gray, Fernardo, Chrome, Evergreen, and maybe hints of Moltosha or Duck... I find his personality fascinating because he seems to apricate order and possibly religious values but at the same time has an aloof personality at the moment.

In all seriousness, I'm afraid your story has some parallels to my host's... she struggled with anxiety and anxiety-based depression for a while, but the stress was school related not ex-boyfriend related. Her big struggle was dark mental imagery / intrusive thoughts, but over time that no longer became an issue. When she starts thinking about bad stressful memories, sometimes I will chime in and get her to think about something else through conversation.

Unknown doesn't seem like a "warm-and-fuzzy" kind of guy, but it also wouldn't surprise me if he decided to deviate like Dark Gray did, who went from angry rival to a stubborn almost father-figure. If he isn't interested in striking conversation, he may appreciate having other forms of communication such as gestures, showing you memories, or creating things for you. I have the feeling that blue-glowing objects are his thing, and he may appreciate playing with lights and mirrors (in a dark room of course!)

*Gray: My Host created me along with several other thoughtforms she decided to call "the Grays", who are basically clones of her wonderland form with their own personalities. None of them are sentient, but they bring out interesting aspects of my host's subconscious thoughts...

[/hidden]

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

• 3 months later...

Congrats on getting a new job!

I'm not sure what I would do if I got another brother with a completely opposite personality; I would be kind of bothered by it too if it came out of the blue.

Neither of us have spent any time on Tumbler. I'm afraid I can't give you any advice for what social media would be best for advertising or sharing stories would be.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

I'd be careful if I were you. Google Docs isn't very friendly to really long documents, it gets really buggy and slow once it exceeds a certain number of pages. If this is going to be a long thing, you might want to put update the thread with your progress or break it up into multiple documents in a folder once it gets too long.

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)