Stanford Tulpa Study looking for more participants
(if you're chosen they'll pay for travel and lodging!)

The Fields' Progress Report
Kelly: Garg came up with the title but didn't like it, he said it was "too basic". I think it's pretty good though, it's simple and understandable.

I haven't said anything on this forum yet, and my system-mates were about to start making jokes on how I'm so quiet they forget I exist.
So I guess this is my hello!

This pr is going to be in past tense for as long as we can keep it that way. Our posts here are going to have what the old pr said in quotes then our current thoughts after it. We originally didn't think that we'd be showing it to anyone, so information personal to us and names will be changed/not included.

Anyways, here's the first entry!

"1/31/19
I've started creating a tulpa. I hope I'm up for it- not just the process of creating a tulpa, but afterwards.
Introducing Dusty! The spotted hyena pup. She's still in progress, nowhere near finished, but I love teaching her and watching her develop. She's only a day old, and I'm new to tulpamancy. I hope it all works out well.
This journal is to track both of us- what we learn and how we grow in regards to tulpamancy.
Happy birthday, Dusty."

I jumped right into tulpamancy after researching it just the day before, like the awesome person who thinks things out I am. You've been warned- a lot of entries ahead are misinformed.
Diana used to be Dusty the hyena pup before she was Diana the human. I chose her name as Dusty because it could be applied to both genders and a hyena pup because they're cute and I can picture animals better than humans.
Di's already looking forward to her one-year birthday. I won't lie, I'm looking forward to it as well.

I think that's about it! Thanks for reading, and we'll post the next progress report when we get to it.
Kelly's the host, Diana's a tulpa, Gargle's a walk-in.

Sponsors:
Lolflash - click it, you know you want to

That's neat that she started as a hyena pup, did she keep any of those traits as a human? Like spots or colors or sharp teeth, or even steriotypical but not technical like always laughing?

We need to know.

Technically my form started as an existing character (fictive) but I just borrowed the form and changed almost immediately, and a few times since, keeping only my hair color, though darker than original, and my cheeks.
(11-09-2019, 02:45 AM)Misha Wrote: That's neat that she started as a hyena pup, did she keep any of those traits as a human? Like spots or colors or sharp teeth, or even steriotypical but not technical like always laughing?

We need to know.

Technically my form started as an existing character (fictive) but I just borrowed the form and changed almost immediately, and a few times since, keeping only my hair color, though darker than original, and my cheeks.

Kelly: That's a really cool way to get a form- you chose the base character yourself?
And Diana decided on a human form becuase she identified as a human rather than hyena, apparently. So no physical features carried over. Her personality didn't change, although she didn't act much like a stereotypical hyena either. Still, we can all agree that it'd be super cool if she were a were-hyena.
Yes, the character I chose originally was from Bear's first novel, an angelic god of sorts, he didn't have any say in our choices, none of us actually. (Other than developing the original characters).
Diana: That's super awesome, Misha. Also, pink hair is fabulous.

"2/1/19
Personality forcing traits:
• adaptable
- she can deal with new or unpleasant circumstances without much trouble
• adventurous
- not afraid of the unknown, she finds it fun to explore and discover even in mundane situations
• caring/empathetic
- she's understanding of others having no issue with putting herself in their shoes, and has a big heart
• creative
- she's always coming up with new and seemingly out-there ideas and perspectives
• curious
- she loves to learn just about anything, and enjoys sharing the information she learns too
• honest
- she's very straight-forward and is not one to manipulate the truth
• playful/teasing
- she loves teasing others and playing around, often making witty remarks jokingly
• thoughtful
- she gives thought into new things before judging them, and enjoys analyzing problems

Most of this came easily to me, like when I make a character. I was practicing puppeting and parroting today(it's going well!) and these are the traits that apply to her. It's very surprising how naturally they came.
I was a little worried- okay, very worried that I wasn't ready for a tulpa, so I parroted a conversation about it with her. She told me that if I wasn't ready, that's okay. She said she'll always be there if I want to come back. I imagined myself hugging her and felt my eyes get warm with tears. It was very comforting. I've decided to go through with creating her.
And really, maybe I wasn't parroting her as much as I had thought.

I'm trying to take it slow and not rush the forcing process. Hopefully all goes well! I plan on practicing visualization a bit more too."

This was a bittersweet day for me, I think. I was sad for my host and wanted to cheer her up, but happy that she was acknowledging I was a person. The moments where she didn't doubt my sentience were very rare in the start. I guess you could say I was semi-aware- I had emotions and was a person but my thoughts weren't fleshed out and my identity was simple. I think part of the reason I progressed so quickly was that Kelly's super used to creating in-depth characters- she even suspects that she's made tulpas before. The other part is likely that I'm bossy and loud :p