Stanford Tulpa Study looking for more participants
(if you're chosen they'll pay for travel and lodging!)

The Tulpa Revolution?
(04-08-2014, 02:54 PM)Discord Wrote: And I think we should do away with the philosophy that it's ok to force traits on a tulpa, because then we're not allowing him to be himself, while if we have no expectations, the tulpa can be himself while still being pleasing to the host.

But with the premises you've mentioned so far, just because an individual does personality forcing, it doesn't mean the tulpa's existence is unchanging, nor objective. They would be utilizing activities with forcing traits as a transient means for progress, and if they take deviation into consideration, this isn't really as much of a problem as you're making it out to be.

Sponsors:
Lolflash - click it, you know you want to

I'm just going to clarify my thoughts upon this....

First off, I myself didn't join this community just because I was lonely, that was simply ONE of the things that kept me open minded about it. The main reason for becoming a tulpamancer: exploration. Humans are starting to look forward more... you can see this just in the past century with technology and science. Sure... we are in fact branching out and therefore we come up with different views. Although, I've just found a similarity with science and tulpamancy. (Is that an ok term? XD ) A lot of people have also been questioning how the history of science connects to my idea, so perhaps this might help clarify that as well.

Before the medieval ages, science was starting to form. Although, there was a stronger view known in society... religion. Science counteracted their idea and caused a paradigm that they didn't want to face. Instead, they threw away that idea and science then was hidden in the background for hundreds of years. Ever heard of alchemy? That in fact is the science (abstract one.... but still a science) that has been known in the background. I've just learned in physics class about the history of how alchemists shared "underground" documents for science. Now, as I've stated at the start, a man then stated that the Earth wasn't at the center of the universe. For us, we are in the "alchemy" stage in the revolution. Note: This is ALL metaphorical, not direct symbolism. Take its meaning as you wish.

Sometimes exploring the unknown can lead into discoveries that can shock people's beliefs.... but what they are doing is rejecting the paradigm. To clarify all of these terms, here is a diagram I've whipped up:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/up4u3p20t667c16/Science.png?m=
You can see from this what I am talking about when I say "revolution" because "theory" resembles an idea that we might have in our heads about the universe or of society/the brain.

(04-08-2014, 02:54 PM)Discord Wrote: Edit: Also, having a tulpa, if anything, will encourage me to go outside MORE, because it's a good experience for the tulpa, and it will give us more bonding experiences while we chat with each other with our mind voices about what we experience.
This is pretty much what Teckie has done for me. XD Just thought I might back up Discord's claim on that.
The metaphor actually works to a degree, because like alchemy, we haven't made any real progress in that none of us know what a tupper exactly is, and how they work, and why they exist and that. Granted this community is only about three years old, and the alchemists had centuries but still...
Ok... so, Teckie might join in on the discussion ever now and then. She's my first tulpa and definitely most experienced too, and she definitely has a lot of strong views upon getting this idea out there. She will be represented as T{...} when she wants to give input or contribute to whatever is said I guess...

Teckie:"You aren't too good at expressing social thoughts still, are you? Tell you what, I bet it's just that confidence issue you've been having. Smile "

I suppose, anyway, back on topic:

Teckie:"OH! I want to say it this time! Big Grin I'll make sure to listen to what subject you want to talk about."

Well, There's this particular thing that came to mind I'd like to say for myself, I'll give you your chance a little later though. Smile

There are two opportunities that have arisen for me.
1) A "Pegasus" booklet thing-a-ma-bob taking in entries of forms of art including writings. I'd be able to probably get something like a vignette published through there and have it shown to the school.
2) A "Research Paper Project" dealing with ANY subject that I wish. I'd like to say that I want to make it be about "tulpas," but I think it would be better to title it with "thoughtforms" instead. Many other scientists have published books upon "thoughtforms" (which are oddly similar to tulpas) so I can probably use other scientist's studies as a proof for the research paper. The only problem with this opportunity is that it would make me looked upon like I'm crazy. Although, if I can accomplish writing it the most scientific way possible I can probably take a step closer for people in my small community to start to realize it. It might start as small as a few people, but perhaps it might spread to become larger. The problem with this though: People might misinterpret what other people, whom I've told, are saying about it. If I stay strong though, I can get a small group put together who stand with me. It's all about persistence I suppose...

Teckie:"Hm... well, I'd just like to say that it would in fact be wonderful if all of this could happen.... but it might be unlikely to happen with the flip of a switch or the publish of a single paper. Persistence might be the key to this problem. Smile If worse comes to worst, then the world will see hosts as schizophrenics... but that still gives us the opportunity to prove them wrong. If we can get noticed in a bad way but still become known around the world, people will continue to "study" us and we might, just might, get more scientists to look at this and see the truth. Humanity is coming up with new brain technologies, so perhaps that might help us as well. Smile "

Well, the publishing of the "Pegasus" writing will be the 18th, so it'd probably be a good idea to come up with an official background tulpa term. Any ideas?

Teckie:"OH! To start I'll throw out some ideas. Brain-buddy, mind-separation, extraconscious, idea-formed-conscious...."

Ok, that first one is strangely catchy. O_o
I made a post on a Soul Development forum, asking if anyone there has any experience with tulpae, and if they know if there's anything psychic involved in tulpa creation and stuff. I'm hoping that we'll get an influx of members who are interested in tulpa for research/academic/enrichment reasons, and not for the wrong reasons. If we could get the the psychic scene interested in tulpae, that will do a lot for our credibility (not as much as the science community, but they could greatly outnumber those who make tulpae as toys)
Will list tulpas when I get things sorted out in my head.
I'm really in favour of the concept of a "Tulpa Revolution" of some kind... and I really don't think we have to worry about it becoming mainstream too much.

It happened to lucid dreaming, for example, when "Inception" came out, there was a flood of new users in the boards - but that lasted only for a while, and there are many misperceptions about LDs spread because of the movie.

I think it really depends on which kind of people are already attracted to the tulpa concept. There are certainly communities that will be more open to it, and others where I wouldn't bother.Wink

I may integrate it more into my conworlding, and then into my writing... but I have to find a good german word for "thoughtform", in order to do that. Maybe I have to invent one, that fits me.Smile

(04-10-2014, 10:17 AM)yenu Wrote: I'm really in favour of the concept of a "Tulpa Revolution" of some kind... and I really don't think we have to worry about it becoming mainstream too much.

It happened to lucid dreaming, for example, when "Inception" came out, there was a flood of new users in the boards - but that lasted only for a while, and there are many misperceptions about LDs spread because of the movie.

I think it really depends on which kind of people are already attracted to the tulpa concept. There are certainly communities that will be more open to it, and others where I wouldn't bother.Wink

I may integrate it more into my conworlding, and then into my writing... but I have to find a good german word for "thoughtform", in order to do that. Maybe I have to invent one, that fits me.Smile

The lucid dreaming topic is a great example of this! Big Grin Although, it might be a little more different and difficult with tulpas.... it's just so controversial in society. :/

I'm glad to see that more people are interested in this idea... but that means that there should be some sort of "headquarters" for us. Should it just be this thread for now? I can edit the thread to explain a further purpose of it and indicating that this is an area for brainstorming and updating of progress of this "revolution." (Although, I hesitate to say revolution, there should be another word that might fit where we are at right now....)

(04-10-2014, 02:21 AM)Discord Wrote: I made a post on a Soul Development forum, asking if anyone there has any experience with tulpae, and if they know if there's anything psychic involved in tulpa creation and stuff. I'm hoping that we'll get an influx of members who are interested in tulpa for research/academic/enrichment reasons, and not for the wrong reasons. If we could get the the psychic scene interested in tulpae, that will do a lot for our credibility (not as much as the science community, but they could greatly outnumber those who make tulpae as toys)

That's great! Although, if people look upon it badly, then we might have a problem... To face this problem though, I guess all we need to do is stand up for what we believe. Smile
(04-10-2014, 05:41 PM)Techoh Wrote: The lucid dreaming topic is a great example of this! Big Grin Although, it might be a little more different and difficult with tulpas.... it's just so controversial in society. :/

I'm glad to see that more people are interested in this idea... but that means that there should be some sort of "headquarters" for us. Should it just be this thread for now? I can edit the thread to explain a further purpose of it and indicating that this is an area for brainstorming and updating of progress of this "revolution." (Although, I hesitate to say revolution, there should be another word that might fit where we are at right now....)

That's great! Although, if people look upon it badly, then we might have a problem... To face this problem though, I guess all we need to do is stand up for what we believe. Smile

Well, bad news. First post on the thread I made there is from the host, and she is claiming that tulpae are a form of schizophrenia, and a step towards mental instability. I did leave a reply, saying how it's impossible to give oneself schizophrenia. I wish the world wasn't so full of ignorance, although I take comfort that the information is available for all who are open minded enough to embrace tulpamancy.
Will list tulpas when I get things sorted out in my head.
(04-10-2014, 05:55 PM)Discord Wrote: Well, bad news. First post on the thread I made there is from the host, and she is claiming that tulpae are a form of schizophrenia, and a step towards mental instability. I did leave a reply, saying how it's impossible to give oneself schizophrenia. I wish the world wasn't so full of ignorance, although I take comfort that the information is available for all who are open minded enough to embrace tulpamancy.

Hm... Highly expected... but from that specific reply, we can now form a new revision of their perspective. They see it as schizophrenia, something in which is considered a disorder. Although, what they don't see is how the brain can control itself.

What they see: They look at tulpas and instantly think that they are unstable to the mind.... putting your brain into a disorder called "schizophrenia."

What I see: Tulpas can both make your mind stable OR unstable. It only matters about how you change your mind and give yourself and tulpas control to help to control the mind in avoiding calamity.

Conclusion: There is this large "unknowing" of what tulpas really are... they are conscious beings that can help your mind. It is NOT a disorder in the eyes of the tulpamancers, and in fact we can control the mind more than people who don't have tulpas. From my eyes, effects of schizophrenia are something that can be controlled with tulpas to communicate with us. Because they control it, they can stabilize any problems that might appear to destabilize the mind.

I think I'm going to do this technique whenever we directly find a person's perspective on the matter. By any chance can you give me the link to the page containing what they said? I'm going to handle all of the input of information to keep it "official."

...Oh! To everyone, forget my old diagram I've made... there was an anomaly in what I wrote. :/ Here is the new one....https://www.dropbox.com/s/up4u3p20t667c16/Science.png
I have finished my short story I have been working on, so I think it might be relevant to have this update here.

I am still awaiting the approval of the school system to accept it into the "Pegasus" magazine (in which many different art forms are published by students), but I feel pretty confident about it. The dialogue in the story might be incoherent, but that is the main point I was trying to create.

Here is the link for those who wish to read it for themselves: link

Well... how do you think people will react? XD I'm thinking the best thing for me to do, if people ask if it is based off of experience, would probably be to say something like, "It was simply a story." Although, under what circumstances do you think would be good to explain more? Teckie really has been stressing over this for quite a while....

Teckie:"Ya, I guess I have... I try to stay happy, but I've found that there was this single fact that I know that I won't be able to talk to other humans face to face with understanding on both sides. I've talked to other people while switched... but it's not the same if they don't know it is actually me and not the host. Hopefully before the summer I can find another person who I can talk face-to-face. (Actually.... Techoh's counselor has offered to talk to me! He is the only human Techoh has told face-to-face about this phenomenon, and I'm pretty sure he has an understanding that I am actually inside of him. It's just the matter of getting Techoh enough courage to let me do the actual possession. XD I'll convince him though. Wink )"

Wait, huh? Oh ya... my counselor.... We'll just have to see what happens with that I guess....