Hello There, Guest! Register

Theories on Tulpas: How They Function and Why "Parroting" Is Necessary
Glitterbutt Offline
Melian

Threads: 49
All Accounts Posts: 1,547

RE: Theories on Tulpas: How They Function and Why "Parroting" Is Necessary
I would like to point out on this thread that there is no reason to think that all tulpas function the same way. There is no way to know that. It is entirely possible that there are variations in what people are experiencing and still calling a tulpa. My hostie and I happen to think it doesn't matter really. If it feels like a tulpa and is a profound and persistent experience, and you wanna call it a tulpa, it's a tulpa. That is true no matter if the tulpa is a figment of your own consciousness or a fully independent mind from your own.

So what I am saying is that this theory may be correct for some, that tulpas are a skill, and not so correct for others. The disagreement and controversy is unnecessary. No one needs to be threatened by the existence of such a theory.
09-09-2016, 12:18 PM
Find Reply
Tewi Offline
Amaranthine Rabbit
Registered

Threads: 1
All Accounts Posts: 2,073

(09-09-2016, 10:39 AM)Sands Wrote: PS. Thanks for not using "the subconscious".

Dang word has a use, but the number of people who don't immediately think SECRETS OF THE MIND A CHAOTIC LABYRINTH OF UNPREDICTABILITY MY TULPA MAY TRY TO TRAVERSE is rather low, so I agree I guess. But it's not as bad as it was a few years ago.

(09-09-2016, 12:18 PM)Glitterbutt Wrote: I would like to point out on this thread that there is no reason to think that all tulpas function the same way.  There is no way to know that.  It is  entirely possible that there are variations in what people are experiencing and still calling a tulpa.

But that applies to almost anything you can say about the nature of tulpas. Just add a "some people believe/experience this" in front every time someone talks about experience involving tulpas.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.
All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.
Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas
09-09-2016, 01:13 PM
Find Reply
Glitterbutt Offline
Melian

Threads: 49
All Accounts Posts: 1,547

(09-09-2016, 01:13 PM)Tewi Wrote: But that applies to almost anything you can say about the nature of tulpas. Just add a "some people believe/experience this" in front every time someone talks about experience involving tulpas.

Good pointy point.
09-09-2016, 01:17 PM
Find Reply
Vos Offline
Antediluvian
Global Moderators

Threads: 15

I don't really see the point in approving articles, but I'm fine with this being moved to that section.
09-09-2016, 01:39 PM
Find Reply
atlasweb Offline
Registered

Threads: 0

I'd really like to have a better idea on how people co-exist with a tulpa, but I don't have a solid theory on that. I can only assume a tulpa is an imaginary friend that acts as a vessel for the tulpa's personality and expectations. As the host learns to control the vessel using ques from the unconscious mind, the very act of controlling it becomes semi-conscious, like after you perform an action so many times you don't even need to pay attention to do it anymore.
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2016, 06:57 AM by atlasweb.)
10-29-2016, 06:56 AM
Find Reply