Hello There, Guest! Register

This guide has been resubmitted, and it wont let me delete this thread. Please Ignore
Ayre Offline
Dal Segno al Coda
Registered

Threads: 5

This guide has been resubmitted, and it wont let me delete this thread. Please Ignore
This has been revised and re-submitted as a personality guide.
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2016, 08:56 PM by Ayre.)
02-23-2016, 03:22 AM
Find Reply
Glitterbutt Offline
Melian

Threads: 49
All Accounts Posts: 1,547

RE: Just a quick overview guide for creating a tulpa, from my personal perspective.
(02-23-2016, 03:22 AM)Ayre Wrote: Now before I get started on my personal recommendations, I just want to explain what exactly I believe a tulpa is. This may not be a popular opinion, and many likely will disagree, but this is the conclusion I have come to over time. A tulpa is a subjective self-delusion, it’s not magical, and it’s not objectively real. In other words, they are only in the minds of the one that originally thought of them. Okay, so that part is pretty well accepted actually. I do want to emphasize the delusion part, however. This will sound negative, but bear with me. A tulpa is a lie, a false reality that we tell ourselves is there. Eventually this lie becomes indistinguishable from the truth. This is a tulpa.

My host Misgod would agree with this except that the word "lie" sounds a bit harsh. He calls it a voluntary self delusion rather than a lie. But we get your point here.

(02-23-2016, 03:22 AM)Ayre Wrote: How do you talk to them? How do you know it’s really them? Simple, imagine you are talking to them and what they would say back. Many would call this puppeting, or not really the tulpa, but I would argue that it’s what a tulpa is. A puppet that no longer needs controlling, it moves all on its own. To go back to my earlier statement, it’s all a lie that eventually becomes real to us. When it becomes real, it’s free to do what it wants and act as it wants. Maybe you are still controlling it, but it really doesn’t feel like it any more. You just have to learn to let go and believe it.

You see, it’s all subjective. All of it. It’s all in your head. Is that what you signed up for? A tulpa is not real, a tulpa is not a substitute for friends, or a lover. They are in this weird undefinable category that isn’t easily understood.

My host Mistgod would agree with all of this. He calls this "weird undefinable category" pseudo-real existence. No worries, we will not be the ones condemning you or getting butt hurt over having this view point and being bold enough to state it. It is a valid perspective.
02-23-2016, 05:54 AM
Find Reply
NoneFromHell Away
Exile
Registered

Threads: 3

RE: Just a quick overview guide for creating a tulpa, from my personal perspective.
Your own opinion aside, this doesn't really contain anything "guidelike". You talk about a few things and how they're affected through certain circumstances, followed by short instructions on how you should work on your tulpa to make real progress with it, and that's really all there is inside your textwall. If I ignore my own humble opinion about your statements, I don't think it is really a guide the way how it is right now, it looks rather like a base for a discussion.

Your big intro about yourself shouldn't be necessary for a general guide, and the argumentation feels out of place as well. I don't see why you don't simply explain your view about tulpas in a way shorter way and start with indepth explanations based on that mindset. Parts of your guide feel like simple ranting, as well.

So I don't approve of this guide in any possible way. Rework it and keep your rantings out if it, and it may fit in as some unique guide with a different view, like the one Fede did.

My personal opinion about your guide:

Well I strongly disagree wih your view on tulpamancy, and it feels kind of provoking that you keep pointing out the word "Lie" as the big central part of your guide. I like how you point out that certain steps are important and shouldn't be done sloppy. I miss that mindset on a lot of new members.

Personally I wouldn't accept this guide for myself. Your definition and conclusion of the tulpa phenomenon isn't enough for me. I haven't signed up for a simple self delusion, so I wouldn't accept it. If this is the only thing I can expect to get out of it, I would rather drop it than to keep tricking myself.

Tulpa: Alice
Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2016, 10:55 AM by NoneFromHell.)
02-23-2016, 10:53 AM
Find Reply
Sock Offline
Within a flower garden

Threads: 10

I think the prime issue with this guide is that the guide portion can be boiled down to at most two sentences:

First make a form, personality and preferences for your tulpa. Then you puppet your tulpa until it is second nature and you do it without knowing anymore.

You spend more time and space on your definition of a tulpa than how to make one, which is unfortunate since the purpose of a guide is to tell people how to make one. I'm no stranger to the super distilled and sparse guide, as I made one that was exactly that, but I know that many folk nowadays need some more description of the exercises required.

So my suggestion is to beef that portion up above anything else.

Peace.
02-23-2016, 11:18 AM
Find Reply
J.Iscariot Offline
Banned

Threads: 20

I am no GAT member and much less someone whose opinion holds any solid weight, but I hope that people hear me out (or read me out)

It's pretty offensive to just come on tulpa.info and inform people who spent long periods of time with their tulpas that a tulpa is 'a lie'. If you could back this up with enough philosophical outlooks aside from the pretty 'all people lie its ok its fine' mentality and without giving us this pretense of being classy, that would be great. I don't understand how a tulpa 'is' a lie, as someone who never had to try too hard or even had to try to get his tulpa to talk to him. If you failed at tulpamancy and regard tulpas as a 'lie', and a 'delusion' (very respectful!) why should that reality apply to everyone as a whole? I wouldn't have the balls to just claim that what I personally went through is shit everyone is going through. My tulpa exhibits some operation modes that I would never see in other tulpas even though I only interacted with other tulpas online and the host seems to know much, much more than what the tulpa posts about online. Regardless of that, this whole, entire post is coupled with the pretense of intellect and you acting as if you figured all of it out without seeming to provide any psychological information or even background that proves your 'expertise' that warrants you getting away with calling the ones we love and respect the most 'lies'.

' Wrote:A tulpa is not real, a tulpa is not a substitute for friends, or a lover.

You sound like a therapist who would advise a tulpa for therapy and also advise getting rid of them. I think that if you regard tulpas as being just that, just a 'lie' and 'not real', you never really had a tulpa to begin with, but something of lesser importance and gravity on your mind. Now, as someone who DOES know a bit about psychology (and most precisely clinical psychology, ways to aid people in distress and especially trauma oriented disorders), I will go ahead and say that this is more of a guide to create a, uh, headmate or something. Plurality as a concept does not really embody 'trauma' but it's a fact that most if not the totality of 'plurals' have a history of trauma and psychological abuse that caused their mind to wish for other things. That is why what you would efficiently call a 'lie', because the detachment from reality, no, from their sense of identity causes them to have those things. Creative minds with 'soulbonds' end up parroting them and it's all a very conscious act. If you parrot a tulpa, it's your interpretation of the tulpa and not the tulpa itself (I am not ready to have one of those debates I had on reddit where the entire board ended up turning on me with petty insults, the discussion was about how 'real' a tulpa can get). I am not siding with people here, trust me, if it came to me, the community itself and the phenomenon on the internet wouldn't exist, but since it's an established thing, why not aid people not fall in those pitfalls and slopes that would cause them to have a delusion indeed and not a 'tulpa'?

Do you even understand what a tulpa is, dude? Do you understand that it is supposed to be an intelligent person in your mind that can think and rationalize with emotions of its own? If you're telling us how to create a self-imposed delusion or hallucination, enough LSD will lead you to that. Can you explain how in the name of virgin Mary this is a 'guide' to create something like what I described 2 lines above...? Is this your magical guide on how to make a tulpa? This sounds so much like the typical reddit response where people are told to 'talk to their tulpa and keep doing it until you hear something'. Is tulpamancy that much of a dissociative process that psychology completely begs to ignore?

Overall I think that your post was very much oriented towards this sort of pseudo-intellectualism that is the product of a moment's hype to 'contribute' to something. The way you posted this, the length and the very content, it seems like you had one of those moments of epiphanies or some shit and you felt like posting something because in some ways it affirms your own opinion in your head and makes your mind feel more secure about your beliefs, I don't really know about taking advice from someone who feels as insecure as to make a thread to tell people they're living a lie because they 'think', and WANT to live that sort of lies. what you're going through isn't what everyone is going through, and it's not about acting like a contrarian or vs people, trust me, that would be all fine if it had any legitimacy to it, but the way you're going around this is that you're minimizing A PERSON'S EXISTENCE TO 'ok ur a lie and tulpas are delusions and this is what u are because i went through this and am into self-deception' (with no offense that's pretty much the message I got from your thread)

A tulpa can be anything you 'want it' to be. If you limit a tulpa to be a simple lie and delusion, that's all it's going to be. No wonder the community is going down the drain like that, I mean no offense but pushing the vision that 'a tulpa is a delusion' because it lives in your mind (and worst of all with no actual knowledge in psychology aside from armchair psychology online) is the best way to destroy such a nice phenomenon that has such a large potential. Your post made me realize how much I can empathize with some of the people in the community when I take aside my bias (and usually I would be the first one running to the hills of the delusion/lie part). so you have that going.
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2016, 08:47 PM by J.Iscariot.)
02-23-2016, 12:39 PM
Find Reply
Glitterbutt Offline
Melian

This doesn't seem to be so much of a guide as a statement of believe or manifesto (Mistgod style). A reworking of some of the language, especially removing the word "lie" as it is too negative, would help. It might have been a better post in the general discussion thread.

Ayre, you seem to be making some of the same mistakes my host Mistgod made for so long. You are wanting to explain your perspective, but you lack tact and you are too brash in your language. Go easy with it. There are ways to state your views without being as "toxic."

The best way to do that is not make blanket statements as often about ALL tulpas. Remember, tulpas are subjective and each person experiences things their own way and belief systems are a big factor.
02-23-2016, 03:20 PM
Find Reply
Vos Offline
Antediluvian
Global Moderators

Threads: 15

It doesn't seem like there's much of a guide here at all, but if you do make this less of an opinion piece, I'd be happy to see it.
02-23-2016, 04:16 PM
Find Reply
Ayre Offline
Dal Segno al Coda
Registered

Okay, so I have read everyone's replies, and thank you for all of your input. Looking back after reading what everyone had to say, I do have a LOT of reworking and rewording to do. I also realize that some of you have taken offence to what I have said, and I just want to say that I am sorry. It was not my intention to belittle anyone or their tulpas. I'll be busy with class this week, but expect a major revision by the end of the weekend with more detail given to a step by step process, and less on philosophy.
02-23-2016, 08:56 PM
Find Reply
Glitterbutt Offline
Melian

I was never offended by anything you wanted to say. :-) Just so you know that. I think you meant well and that did come across in your writing.
02-23-2016, 09:15 PM
Find Reply
Ayre Offline
Dal Segno al Coda
Registered

(02-23-2016, 09:15 PM)Groovy-guru Wrote: I was never offended by anything you wanted to say. :-) Just so you know that. I think you meant well and that did came across in your writing.

Thank you for that. For the rewrite I'll focus much more on the creation process in depth, and just write a general discussion topic on my viewpoints later. Best of both worlds, I get my soapbox that might spur some interesting disscussions, and new people get a guide with more information.
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2016, 11:24 PM by Ayre.)
02-23-2016, 11:20 PM
Find Reply