Tulpa/host differences

Guest amber5885

Guest amber5885

So quick and out if curiosity.

Have any of you found that you and your tulpa like or belive in very different things? And if so how did this effect your relationship?

Toby seems to hate my favorite candy and kids movies which, how can you not like toy story???

We also have different religious beliefs.

It doesn't effect us in a bad way, in fact it's led to some interesting conversations.

Okay your turn. Annnnnnnd GO!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't have many differences yet. I've been told those will develop over time since Sarah is so young and most of what she knows currently comes from my experience and memories. We have some differences in music and religion, but not much else yet.

Host: Sakura

Tulpa: Sarah (began June 5th, 2014), Alyx (Began July 23rd, 2014)

Our shared tumblr

note: usually browsing on mobile, so cannot quote properly

I'm not really sure. Fench talks like she disapproves of TV, games, and junk food, but I think she says that for my benefit, and she secretly enjoys it as well.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

Aura is FAR more artistic than I am. In fact, she's the reason I suddenly started drawing a few years ago. She's also a lot slower to anger than I am, and usually tries to calm me down when I'm getting irritated at something she thinks isn't worth it.

Other than that, there aren't too many things drastically different about our likes and dislikes. I think it has something to do with coexisting constantly for eight years so far.

Current System: Ziya (Formerly Einulf), Mizan, Aura, Dark, Lucia, Rand, Jason, Akira

Here's our Tumblr, if anyone wants it

Bud hates water, rain, thunderstorms...any and everything he might potentially get wet in. I on the other hand live for storms and rain. We've been able to find a compromise with hot water though, he doesn't mind that nearly as much.

Prajit is more scientifically inclined (that's my worst subject in school @A@) and Jake is way more active/sporty/adventurous and I'm a lazy indoor person. Prajit and I are fine but a lot of times, I feel like I'm letting Jake down because he'll want us to go do something fun and exciting and I just wanna sit in my room sewing/drawing and watching videos. . .

Song is far more tolerable and optimistic about people than i generally am. Most of the time, I simply avoid most people, but Song often encourages me to get involved where I can. In addition, Song is much more tolerable about dogmatic people than I am. Song nearly always seems calm. He's the Buddha within me, always reminding me when I do something that isn't inherently helpful or good to anyone. And on top of that, he's excitable and very friendly where I can come across as cold to those who don't know me very well.

Guest amber5885

Song sounds like an amazing tulpa. Honestly I really think that's the biggest benifits of Tulpa's, at least in m own experiance. They are from you and a part of you but it seems like if developed right they can balance you out in a very healthy way. Like leading you toward better habits and choices.

• 6 years later...

Was going to make a new thread but I can just necro this one. I was thinking about celebrating differences between our tulpas and hosts. I'm coming at this from a host/tulpa duo, differences between plurals is also welcome.

Jaina is in my opinion very salt-of-the-earth, girl next door, plain Jaina, Americana. Despite being ridiculously gorgeous. 😉 She likes cheeseburgers, rock n' roll, cars, fitness and sports. Sporty is a descriptive word I would give her. She's more friendly and outgoing than I am. She likes accessories, make-up, jewelry, fashion but she's not too extra or prideful about it. She's humble and confident. (I also think she might be a closet Jersey-girl. J: 😝)

Whereas I (Darron) and more or less a stereotypical geeky basement goblin neckbeard wargamer with bad opinions on the internet. I like electronica and junk food. I'm introverted and don't really trust people. I tend to keep a close circle of friends. T-shirt and jeans is my Simpson's-style uniform.

I don't know what I did to deserve her but I'm glad she's here. We have differences but seem to compliment each other rather than conflict. Probably from my philosophical leanings and background I shaped our relationship into a duality mold, very animus/anima.

Darron's too hard on himself. I'm happy to be here. He's smart and has a good heart. Even if he gets a bit lazy 😉 he's a hard worker when he wants to be. I believe in him and keep nudging him to be the best he can be. I play support for him and he indulges me and gets me nice things. 😊 Right now we're working on getting him exercising more. He likes it but he's stubborn and makes excuses (occasionally legitimate). Luckily I love him and I'm very patient. 😉

Darron: Host 💍 

Jaina: Tulpa 💍 

(Raccoon Queen 🦝👸)

👨‍👩‍👧‍👦Dain and Nova

Aggrok: Tulpa Void Dragon

Viktor: 🐺

[DeviantArt]

Okay, I'll list some differences between Phil and I. Some are interesting, some are quite silly!

Video Games:

Phil: Likes video games 

Me: Not really into them

Hogwarts House:

Phil: Ravenclaw 

Me: Hufflepuff

Mindset:

Phil: Fairly pessimistic and depressive

Me: Much more optimistic 😁 

I am neater and more well organized than Phil. He is much more patient than me, however. He's much more calm and measured, even if there's a lot of emotion deep inside, but I'm much more headstrong. I'm also more forgiving than Phil. Don't get me wrong, he's a very kind person. He just has a hard time letting certain things go, especially with friends. I also don't like to drink. Maybe a beer or two but that's it.

There's more I'm sure but that's all that comes to mind at the moment.

Tulpa Wife & Mother! 💚 

💍 11.28.21 👶 4.7.23
👗 Simmie's AI Dress-Up!   📷 Phil and Simmie's Photographic Adventures!