Tulpa seemingly not progressing at alll

Bobby9macy

I've had a tulpa for nearly half a year now. From what I can see she's been self aware for a long time now, she has a mind voice she talks to me with sometimes but I have to have almost all of my attention on her to keep a conversation going, and on occasion for her to answer even, more concentration than I can give her. Sometimes we complete this parallel processing test perfectly, and sometimes we're way off. I don't think she can do much of anything when I'm already doing things, and it's hard to pay attention to her all the time. I'm I like... using all of the "brain RAM" we have?

I've never been told by a doctor that I have ADHD, and I've been told I don't seem like I do have it either, but I've always had trouble focusing in school.

Anyone have an idea what's wrong or what I'm doing wrong?

My journal blog thingy: LINK

It’s clear that you want to be able to talk to your tulpa passively without having higher inward focus while they're speaking.

Well, imagine talking to any other person. If you want to understand where they’re getting at, you have to apply that same inward focus so you can process the information. And in your case where your doctor gave the diagnosis that you have ADHD, having higher inward focus would be what can salvage any comprehension you can apply to the discussion with that individual.

The same would apply to tulpas, and I don’t think you should take for granted that you can get a steady conversation going on as long as you focus on her. It depends on the difficultly of how you conceptualize what inward focus is, and because of the ADHD, maybe you’re probably creating an illusory sense of worrying too much.

If I can add any experiential learning I’ve been reflective about with Eva or Ada in the past, I would have to focus on them to get a good and in-depth conversation (and I still do). But isn’t the whole point of a good conversation knowing how to shift your focus and showing some interest in the topics discussed about?

Maybe if you take that into consideration, you may find yourself realizing you’re doing just fine. You just have to continue improving your focus and cognition more, and things will get easier in time. I know “all things take time” may seem like ad nauseam here, but it’s the case whether you militantly find ways to get progress fast and/or going for the gradual route.

oh, sorry, I said a doctor never told me I had ADHD. I wanted to clear that up so you didn't think my focusing problems I mentioned meant I did, but thanks. I might be trying to do things a bit too quickly, actually a friend just pointed out that I say things off topic a lot, and I started noticing I do move on from things pretty quickly. My tulpa and I have been trying to work on imposition mainly, and maybe it's just too early for that and I need to go back and help her develop some other things first.

I'll remember not to assume she's ready to move on from one development stage to the next so quickly, and not try too many things at once while speaking with her, thank you.

My journal blog thingy: LINK

I am deeply sorry for the misread just now. Usually when I see psychological ailments like ADHD, OCD, Aspergers, and such in a thread, I presume the person is sure they have the problem. Error in judgement on my end, but I'm glad you realized it's best to stick to what you're capable of doing now instead of trying to do a cluster of activities all at once.