Tulpae,Voices,The origin of Self identity, and Schizophrenia 'Logical Proof of Tulpa'

Opoku

Hi Everyone,

This is actually my first post,

I've been a lurker for a good amount of time.I've been doing a lot of research on Tulpae and the subconscious over the past few weeks and I've come across an interesting stream of thought.

I must apologize in advance for the large amount of text your about to read, but i believe its worth it for anyone who has a doubt about the possibility of Tulpa Creation/Hallucination. I would also like to put a disclaimer that i don't necessarily consider this an ineffable proof of the Tulpae phenomenon but its pretty damn convincing lol...enjoy

I have a slight theory developing that perhaps the only reason things such as schizophrenia and hearing voices can take a negative turn on the user, is because of the beliefs forced on them by current societal values (specifically western culture..). If you look into the past of mankind, there is the theory of Bicameralism ties in very nicely with the concept of Tulpa's, Religious Archetypes of humanity, and schizophrenia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicameralism_%28psychology%29

the theory of bicameralism states that in the earlier years of man's existence, his plane of thought seemed to come from outside voices.. perceived by him to be gods.. commanding him to do things and what not..

later on human beings developed to be more self aware and prayers/other rituals arose as attempts to hear and communicate with these gods who no longer spoke to them in ways they could hear.

It was noted that these voices could be seen as extremely commanding, reprimanding, intimidating,comforting, consulting, etc..

-

if you're interested in reading more on that you can take a look at the origin of consciousness and the bicameral mind.

http://www.abebooks.com/Origin-Consciouness-Breakdown-Bicameral-Mind-Jaynes/6411545299/bd?cm_mmc=gmc-_-gmc-_-PLA-_-v01

--

also I've found that a lot of people who have either made accidental tulpa's or hear voices without necessarily knowing what they were actually had a communion and communication with them to some degree.As well as realizing that they we're a seemingly external representation of their own subconscious mind..

(such as this lady had schizophrenia and heard voices as quite comforting until it was introduced into her mind as a negative thing)

perhaps schizophrenia is a case of an extremely powerful imagination out of control of its possessor.. the interview of eleanor (from the interview above) reminds me of tulpae quite a bit such as this selection of quotes..

--

http://blog.ted.com/2013/08/08/everything-you-ever-wanted-to-know-about-voice-hearing-but-were-too-afraid-to-ask/

please read the above blog and watch the video to let me know what you think of that.

--

Here are some questions from the Eleanor's interview, you can read more from that link if you feel..:

"Do your voices ever overlap? Could they harmonize?

They sometimes talk over each other, but don’t really say the same things in unison. I’ve met people whose voices do that though, like a chorus. Other people sometimes describe voices that sound like a football crowd, or a group talking at a party. At a recent conference, I heard a really extraordinary fact: that people who’ve been deaf from birth don’t hear voices, but see hands signing at them.

Do your voices happen all the time? Like, even during sex? Do you have to shush them during a movie?

No, not all the time! Although they’re often more active (and sometimes more negative or antagonistic) when I’m stressed. Even this can be useful though, as it’s a reminder to take some time out and look after myself. I relate to them so much better now, so if they become intrusive and I ask them to be quiet in a calm, respectful way — then 99% of the time they would.

"

--

I am currently of the belief that Hearing Voices was a natural thing of mankinds past and evolutionary advancement..This would stand to favor the possibility of recreating this ancient phenomenon through either extreme stress, or determined concentration (Yay tulpas!!):D

This is even more motivation for me to keep Developing with my Tulpa Vee, whom i haven't quite heard yet but i'm pretty certain that i felt an emotional outburst when i was half asleep..

Anyway Thanks for reading and please let me know your thoughts on this

-Opoku

*also if this happens to be in the wrong section please move it for me, I'm a noob and don't understand these things

It's interesting, but I think you could use a bit more scientific backup when concerning the schizophrenia being an overactive imagination, which is pretty awkward way of putting it.

also I've found that a lot of people who have either made accidental tulpa's or hear voices without necessarily knowing what they were actually had a communion and communication with them to some degree.As well as realizing that they we're a seemingly external representation of their own subconscious mind..

(such as this lady had schizophrenia and heard voices as quite comforting until it was introduced into her mind as a negative thing)

This is definitely something that occurs fairly often, and I think it's interesting that a lady thought of her hallucinations as comforting until it was suggested by an external input that they could be negative to her.

I am currently of the belief that Hearing Voices was a natural thing of mankinds past and evolutionary advancement..This would stand to favor the possibility of recreating this ancient phenomenon through either extreme stress, or determined concentration

True, especially when you consider the Greeks and all of the other civilizations that implemented the use of oracle-esque figures. that could seemingly communicate with a greater power.

[align=center]Even though my username is that of my tulpa, Quilten, my name is Phaneron, the host, who does all of the actual posting.

Tulpas: Quilten, Jira

[/align]

True, especially when you consider the Greeks and all of the other civilizations that implemented the use of oracle-esque figures. that could seemingly communicate with a greater power.

Wow its really interesting that you mentioned that because the author mentioned something quite similiar 'The Origin of Consciousness in the breakdown of the Bicameral Mind' He mentioned a prevalance of a total lack of 'self consciousness' in Greek fables and tales, stating that these characters we're guided directly by the voices they heard as Gods or Guides.

Thanks for the thoughts

Moved to General Discussion.

Yes, the theory of the Bicameral mind is reasonably well known. It was used as a theme in the novel Snow Crash.

This has also been discussed on Reddit :

Please consider supporting Tulpa.info.

Well, bicameralism isn't a widely-accepted idea. But assuming it is correct, I'd definitely agree with your link to tulpas.

But about the schizophrenia, I guess you should bear in mind that there's more to it than just 'hearing voices'. Many sufferers don't hear any (although you could argue that it's a separate condition there), and many people who do hear them also suffer other symptoms (although you could argue for comorbidity).

Thanks for the thoughts

Never a problem! :D

Many sufferers don't hear any (although you could argue that it's a separate condition there)

I see things, as opposed to hearing them. From what I've heard from others, it's essentially just a visual equivalent, at least from whatever the hallucination is representing.

[align=center]Even though my username is that of my tulpa, Quilten, my name is Phaneron, the host, who does all of the actual posting.

Tulpas: Quilten, Jira

[/align]

Yes, the theory of the Bicameral mind is reasonably well known. It was used as a theme in the novel Snow Crash.

thanks for the links Nobillis they were quite interesting

But about the schizophrenia, I guess you should bear in mind that there's more to it than just 'hearing voices'. Many sufferers don't hear any (although you could argue that it's a separate condition there), and many people who do hear them also suffer other symptoms (although you could argue for comorbidity).

You have a good point there.