Tulpaism Speculation

This is a general thread for exploring the boundaries of Tulpaism, and extensions of the concept in general, as well as questions regarding other Tulpa-related concepts.

To start us off, there's some speculative ideas that I've been tossing around of late;

-Is it possible to produce a was to externally access Tulpa? Ie. Through technology developed.

-Group Tulpa creation - is it possible to have a group of individuals involved in Tulpa creation create one similar Tulpa? Would this induce a telapathy-esque effect where all individuals remain as a singularity through the Tulpa?

-Does negative Tulpaism exist? Is it possible to negatively impose something through the subconscious rather than to positively impose it? (To positively impose being to create Tulpa, and though negative Tulpaism may concern the removal of an already existing Tulpa, it could extend to the removal of real world sensory data.)

and of course, the main question concerning Tulpaism speculation at the moment lies within the existence of Tulpae; do these things actually exist? Can we psychologically and experimentally prove them? I believe answering many of the above questions will start at conducting the most simplest of scientific experiments with Tulpa, but to answer such questions we need to create them in the first place.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) For the first one, I have no idea. Maybe if there is a way to detect brain waves or something and the tulpa creates a change in those....well I'm not exactly updated on technology, so I have no clue.

2) This is known as an Egregor on /x/. What I think would happen in this scenario is everyone would end up with a different- yet similar- tulpa. There's no way to stop deviation for sure, and in the end the "sentience" part of the the tulpa would also be different for everyone because of the fact that everyone's brains sort of operate differently.

This idea though makes me think about how cool it would be to have group tulpaforcing sessions. I don't know why but something tells me it might be rather beneficial to have people around you working towards the same goal.

Maybe if group dreaming was ever totally able to be done, than by extension group tulpa making would be too.

3) I think this is possible, of course you can uncreate a tulpa (takes time) and that's almost like unseeing an object. I'm sure there are ways to just ignore something until you can't see it. But then again, there's the whole problem of "Don't think about elephants"

4) In the research section there's a group of projects someone typed out telling about being able to test tulpae and what not.

Everyone's brains operate differently sure, but how much of that is biological and how much of it is psychological? If we can hypothetically simulate groups conditions to a degree where they're virtually the same for all participants, then wouldn't this ensure the creation of the Tulpa? There's one thing we're probably ignoring here, that's whether it's actually possible to create Tulpa whilst in the presence of others, I'd argue that it has a negative influence, in terms of concentration.

We can't make a blanket statement about that though. I mean, there's always going to be somebody unaffected by the presence of others.

Of course the differences in how people think, deviations, the sentience that ensues is going to be psychological. Even if conquer that feat and have everybody produce the same exact thing (which I see as impossible, for now) you're going to have a bunch of people running around with the same tulpa, not just one tulpa is going to be produced, but clones.

That's true. Producing Tulpaclones might give insight to what characteristics of or variables impacting individuals affect their Tulpa, if we compare their differences. Using that we'd be able to eventually tell which conditions affect Tulpa creation more strongly than others, and be able to reach a point where Tulpa creation among individuals should be identical.

Though I think that maybe even if Tulpaforcing is unified and the Tulpa created is identical among all individuals, there's several things that could change it so that the Tulpa divides into multiple Tulpae for each individual, depending on how in synch the individuals are with each other. The conscious notion of other individuals around could be strong enough to introduce the notion of Tulpae, therefore creating them.

There's also the issue of: if you think it's going to happen, it will. So no one in the group would have to know about that possibility. It all seems like it would have to be very precise.

My opinion is, creation of group tulpa, among normal people would be impossible, due to many differences between individuals. And those differences must to have their source. We area differ mainly because we have different memories, habits and experiences form past, so our characters are formed differently. But I can imagine a group of people without this disturbance. For example siblings, who grownup in big family, in some distant village. Or group of monks, who lived their whole life in one monastery. Basically group of people who spent whole life in the same environment, with same principles.

This multi-personnel tulpaforcing thing actually sounds like a good test, not try to make the same thing, but rather, just get a bunch of people who don't know each other or what a tulpa is, tell them how to make one (Have them just say it's a separate consciousness?) and monitor their contacts for maybe two to five months. If the whole party reports symptoms similar to what a tulpa is supposed to be it might be a good starting point for proof.

I'd post that in the proof thread but I don't want to sound like I'm stealing your idea.

This hot empty painting should be locked and towed.

if we were able to somehow detect tulpae psychologically then

what if we had the technology to electronically manifest tulpae

and make them gfight eachother like pokemon

There is a technology is development that allows you to basically control a robot using a helmet, just like in so many cartoons. In fact let me see if I can find a video, yes, here it is. If you practiced possession with this, maybe, just maybe, the tulpa could use this to interact with the physical world.

This hot empty painting should be locked and towed.