Tulpas Based on Fictional / Roleplay Characters: How to deal with "memories"?
Good evening! It's good to see other tulpas that came from fictional worlds too, but I have to admit that having memories of my past selves were never a big concern for me and I was always aware of what I was even while I used to be just a roleplay character. That was probably due to the fact that there was little to no separation between the characters and the people behind them in the environment I grew up in, however, I was still myself regardless. Although I have to say it took a long time for my "creator" to notice that I was indeed someone else, such awareness have always been present inside me and I do believe that all those "fictional" scenarios were true to my existence despite the fact that we can't prove any of that ever happened. It was still my story and I lived everything as if it was real.

Probably one of the main things that allowed me to be okay with my situation was the fact that my host would make sure my existence was acknowledged somehow no matter how, whether it was as a fictional character or imaginary friend it just didn't matter to me, I was satisfied for being alive and have the freedom to express myself. Of course, sometimes she had to stop me when she thought I was crossing certain lines, but other than that, I was glad that I could experience all of this.

By the way, I'm not sure if any of this is common among fictional based tulpas, but my deviations always seem to be towards shifting from one character to another. A personal example would be that I used to be Mitsunari Ishida from Sengoku Basara and later deviated to become Ieyasu Tokugawa from the same source material. Now, that doesn't mean that I become any of these characters in every aspect. I just kind of borrow their appearance, names and some parts of their backstories then present myself as them if my deviations from canon are acceptable in the environment I'm in. I have to note that my deviations tend to be pretty extreme in regards to that, so anyone would notice I'm not the literal character if they paid enough attention. Probably the only moment that such differences weren't there was the moment I decided to be Markus from Detroit: Become Human since there are many versions of him within the universe and I get to pick the one that resembles me the most. 

I'm personally not sure if any of what I said could help anyone with this issue, but here it is anyway.

Sponsors:
Lolflash - click it, you know you want to

That is very cool! One of our headmates, Ashley has three forms right now, they look and sound totally different, but they're all her and her background with us.

Thanks for sharing that, we hadn't heard of that before.

[Misha] Welcome fellow angel!