Spice's host's guide to training the minds eye

Spice

Question

A lot of people are confused about the whole mind's eye thing, and others don't know how to use it. Here is a kind of tip kind of guide to using your mind's eye.

From here on out, if you read quickly like I do, slow down and absorb each sentence. It helps.

Now read these words in your head

Cat

Park

Sausage

Broom

You saw all of those images right? But not on your actual eyelids. That's how simple the mind's eye is. If you want to train your brain to see images in the mind's eye read a book that is heavy on description and see the images move in your head as you read.

I'm talking full on movement. Don't skimp out on any details and try to force them into your mind's vision as vividly as possible. It takes practice, but you'll be able to do it in a couple of days or less.

Another idea is to use a random noun generator and try to get 3D views of random objects in your head. Treat it like a computer program where you can rotate the images. Make them move at different angles, think about the lighting.

Hopefully you'll be better by the end of these steps.

Although I'm no stranger to using the mind's eye, I am bad at writing guides, don't take my word as fact, but use it to make your own ideas.

Despite the name, the host bodybody is the one usually using this account. 

Spice was born in 2013 and Tomoe was born in 2014.

This is useful advice for emphasizing the importance for mind’s eye training, but it’s pretty much a given that people will have to end up being versatile with closed eye and open eyed visualizations.

Disapproved for a guide submission, approved for a Tips sub forum or whatever ends up being the appropriate shift in the near future.

A lot of people are confused about the whole mind's eye thing, and others don't know how to use it. Here is a kind of tip kind of guide to using your mind's eye.

From here on out, if you read quickly like I do, slow down and absorb each sentence. It helps.

Now read these words in your head

Cat

Park

Sausage

Broom

You saw all of those images right? But not on your actual eyelids. That's how simple the mind's eye is. If you want to train your brain to see images in the mind's eye read a book that is heavy on description and see the images move in your head as you read.

I'm talking full on movement. Don't skimp out on any details and try to force them into your mind's vision as vividly as possible. It takes practice, but you'll be able to do it in a couple of days or less.

Another idea is to use a random noun generator and try to get 3D views of random objects in your head. Treat it like a computer program where you can rotate the images. Make them move at different angles, think about the lighting.

Hopefully you'll be better by the end of these steps.

Although I'm no stranger to using the mind's eye, I am bad at writing guides, don't take my word as fact, but use it to make your own ideas.

http://www.in2it.ca/MindsEye.pdf

Good info for poeple who dont have a clue how to visualise.

Approved for Tips, for now, however neither of these tips are new and have been mentioned before, so if other GAT members think it's unoriginal, they can count this vote as disapproved, if not, it can stay as approved.

The first tip is essentially Image Streaming, while the second I've seen mentioned before a few times, and I've also done it myself before using random word generators - some variations of it involve getting 2 random nouns or noun and verb and paying attention to the first thing that comes to mind - it tends to improve one's "creativity".

I agree with NotAnonymous that the first concept is related to image streaming, or at least the variant I mentioned in a guide submission. However, that submission I have still needs future revision, and for this one, it seems it suggests that the user continues to use random categories/topics/events/etc. to get their mind used to emulation 3D virtual experiential realities.

The guide submission I had was similar, especially if the person did multiple sessions with word pairs and all that to derive from, and make as long of a narration session with sensory descriptions as they can. But in short, this submission just seems to be an introduction to mind's eye, and with any activity in relation to visualization, it's already implied mind's eye will be in that equation.

I'll change my vote to a blank vote for now, and that's only because of previous encounters with newcomers who didn't know the concept of mind's eye. But at the same time, it should be an obvious concept at some point.

I'll wait for the GAT's majority on this.

I would have checked the wiki to see if it actually explains mind's eye like this, but as it equires me to log on, yeah. No. Can't do that, pretty shitty idea to make your wiki something that requires signing in. This is honestly more FAQ kind of stuff and I'm hoping that .info's FAQ would actually explain this so a "guide" is unnecessary. This kind of information isn't something you should look for in "tips" or "guides".

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)