Vague visualisation, inability to see

I'mBadAtNames

How is visualization supposed to feel like? I tried to visualize my tulpa for a while, and the best I have done for now is managing to see a fuzzy dark form for 12 seconds after 30 minutes of concentration, while I usually get nothing most of the time. Is this normal?

I tried to do some visualization exercises, but the problem is that I cannot even see the canvas/whatever object in my mind. Are there any other workarounds to this?

I'm sorry if this question has been asked a million times, but I couldn't really find an answer that I understand.

EDIT: I feel that I can visualize, but not when I am making a tulpa. For example, if I am looking at a question that involves a spherical cow being whacked by a spinning hockey stick while both are sliding on a frictionless ground, I can feel how the things will move around, no problem. The problem is that I cannot actually see the objects. Is that how it is supposed to feel? I'm confused.

That is a common form that visualisation takes among those that are not practised in it. I do not think it is that common in the modern world, as many people have read fiction novels, and that trains up visualisation.

Forget the canvas metaphor. Your mind is a television screen. What was the last movie you watched? What was the most memorable scene? What was the main character doing? What did they look like?

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

I don't watch movies much, but I play video games. Is that a substitute?

Anyway, I can feel what is going on when I try to remember a scene from a video game, but I still cannot see the image. I can only feel it.

What should I do?

I thnk I can do auditory, but I cannot hear my tulpa yet. Probably going to break through my mind's eye blindness and work on vocality for now. (Still have no idea why I cannot focus on my mind's eye. Is my tulpa not attractive enough? lol)

Thanks for the answers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

Your visualisation problem sounds a lot like mine, only that i think i can also see outlines of things, or atleast can imagine where these outlines would be if I saw them, so I can mostly trace most images/scenes/motions...

While that held me back a lot at the start, I kinda just rolled with it after some time, it's a lot better than nothing after all.

I think real visualisation just takes a lot more practise and patience with some people.

You could maybe try to interact with your tulpa gesture based, for example a simple yes/no could be done by either nodding or holding up according signs (thats what I deal with atm) or anything you could come up with really.

I am also still fairly new to actual tulpaforcing and didn't get all too far either yet, but I am progressing, so it can't be too bad if you believe into it.

Or try what tulpa001 said and seek other methods that you're able to do/learn easier and faster, this forum is huge and you'll probably find something up your alley!

Good Luck!

I'm in the process of making a tupps.

Personally, I'm sh*7 at visualization unless im in a dreamy state.

When forcing though, I still see great development if I FEEL the visualization.

So instead of just seeing whatever hazy form of the tulpa my mind's eye can generate, I focus more on the feeling that the tulpa is actually there.

I find it personally easier to visualize my tupps (by a considerable degree) if I draw my tulpa in photoshop (GIMP is a free alternative) 360 degrees. So I draw the front, then a 45 degree, then the side, then a 45 degree, then the back, then another 45 degree, then the side, a 45 degree, and back to the front.

You don't have to be a super amazing artist to do this. Honestly, you could pay someone $20 on Fiverr to do this for you if you want it to look really impressive. Personally, I just followed a few youtube tutorials, and actually drew over some pre-existing characters I found on Google Images. Turned out just fine.

I find it much easier to visualize 360 degrees due to this, and mentally posing the figure is much easier too. There's a lot of visualizing methods on this site, one I personally use is making the tulpa "low-res" and then gradually increasing the resolution.

My tulpa's form is almost photo-realisitc. I made it in the Black Desert Online character creator, so all I did is rotate the character, screenshot each angle, and commit it to memory.

Then I made a more realistic "anime" looking version. Then a very cartoony "manga" version. Lastly, a Family Guy-level simplicity version.

I start visualizing the most simple and gradually increase the complexity until I reach the photo-realistic rendition.

That's what works for me, hope you got some value from this

Seconding the 3D video game method. Games like 3DCG or Artificial Academy or other anime dress-up* games are great for getting the anime look. You can also port models to posing programs and see how they behave and where they bend, helps a ton.

*with... other functions