Visualizing a fictional character

gaga23

Okay, so I'd like to ask some questions regarding visualization and I would really appreciate if someone could help me out here.

Originally I wanted to base my tulpa's appearance on a fictional character, but almost every single guide mentioned that it's a bad idea (I can see why), so I decided not to create one. However, I'd love to have hallucinations about this FC.

Now let's pretend I can visualize the FC in question. Is there a chance that he will turn into a tulpa if I talk to him? I just want to see and be around him 24/7, I don't want him to have a personality or anything like that. Would I be creating a servitor or would he be just a normal hallucination?

You can certainly base your tulpa's form on a fictional character. You just want to make it clear to the tulpa that they are only based on that character (don't want them to think they actually ARE that character) and you should be willing to accept it if the tulpa decides to change their appearance or personality traits. Simply using an existing character to provide an initial form shouldn't be harmful at all.

Host: Sakura

Tulpa: Sarah (began June 5th, 2014), Alyx (Began July 23rd, 2014)

Our shared tumblr

note: usually browsing on mobile, so cannot quote properly

You can certainly base your tulpa's form on a fictional character. You just want to make it clear to the tulpa that they are only based on that character (don't want them to think they actually ARE that character) and you should be willing to accept it if the tulpa decides to change their appearance or personality traits. Simply using an existing character to provide an initial form shouldn't be harmful at all.

Yeah, but that's exactly the reason why I don't want to have a tulpa. (I should have written that down in my first post...) If his appearance or personality differed from that of the FC, then I'd rather not have one. I'm just curious to know if I could hallucinate the FC by using one of the visualization guides here, and if so, will I be able to keep the hallucinations in control? This wouldn't lead to creating a tulpa accidentally, right?

Don't treat it like a person, and it basically won't become a person. It will most likely remain a servitor as long as you don't go through the motions that are what make tuppers real to your mind.

Guest Anonymous

I'm just curious to know if I could hallucinate the FC by using one of the visualization guides here, and if so, will I be able to keep the hallucinations in control? This wouldn't lead to creating a tulpa accidentally, right?

Sure, intense focus on visuals can help you impose it, and as Ashmo said, don't treat is independent when you do that. It seems rather pointless to impose a statue of something on your vision, but whatever floats you're boat.