Echo Parroting - Teaching Your Tulpa How To Use Their Own Mindvoice

Zero

Question

I've seen lots of beginning mancers who got their first response from their tulpa, but mentioned that their tulpa couldn't speak with a mindvoice - usually giving an emotional response, or sending a raw, untranslated thought (you know what they're thinking without them saying it "out loud"). I experienced the same at first, and I've found that there are two ways of teaching your tulpa how to speak in their own mindvoice.

The first would be proxying. That is, your tulpa thinks something, and you write/type it out for them. This can be on a forum, on irc, a board, or just on a notepad where you narrate things to your tulpa and write/type their responses.

The second, which is my preferred method, is what I call "Echo Parroting". Many mancers seem to think that parroting is bad, and has negative effects on their tulpa, while actually it can be a great forcing tool.

The method is simple: Once you are able to get a response from your tulpa (be it emotional or raw thought), whenever you narrate to them and they give a response, you try your best to translate their emotion/thought into words, and parrot it for them (In their mindvoice, obviously. If you don't know which mindvoice they have/should have, pick one that you both (or just they) find suitable.). At first this takes a little bit of practice, but if you keep repeating this for a short period, it will become a nearly automatic process. You say something, they think of a response, and you parrot it for them in their mindvoice almost subconsciously.

This will probably go on for a while, until they start gaining more independence. When this happens, they will, inevitably, start talking for themselves. However by this point you will probably be so used to parroting them that you will hear what they say in their own mindvoice, and then still parrot it shortly afterwards, creating an echo effect. This will be your cue of when to stop parroting and let them speak for themselves.

I hope this helps, this has worked every time for me so I would be glad if other mancers could put this to good use as well.

I think this is probably the practical way to get a vocal tulpa, but the thing is, people just lack the willpower to crawl through their way by repeating and doing mental exercises for the betterment of their bond with their tulpa. They'll probably think it's "wrong" or that there's some "ethics" involved with trying to have a vocal tulpa the "right" way or whatever. When in all actuality, the initial stages will feel like parroting since they're supposed to be a part of your mind in general, but they still want to believe it's something more complex or beyond our understanding of what we do know of the human mind (most particularly the unconscious).

They might do method a few times, but they never know they have to keep at it really, and most people are just too lazy to commit themselves only to complain after months of their presumed hardcore training that they never got any progress. I think what really matters with vocality and tulpa having their own mindvoice is for the host to keep training themselves to activities that force them to use unconscious thoughts. That way, it destroys their doubt that they're parroting, so they don't end up on the Questions Thread crying and trying to get solace from others that their laziness is perfectly fine, and all they need to do is just actually DO things as much as they can and know that after the unconscious continues making neurological connections, things become easier for them to do.

I'll agree to that, I often see people complaining, saying "I tried this method but it no workie 4 mi!!" And when I ask them for how long they've tried it they're like "lol 1 week". I can understand being lazy but don't blame your lack of progress on anything other than your laziness.

That's a little tricky, you'd really have to feel that out for yourself. I'd love to explain it but explaining emotions themselves isn't easy. In a simple example - if you feel happiness, you can consider that as agreement. So if you ask them "Would you like to play a game?" and you feel happiness, you could translate that into "I'd love to!". Of course this is a little exaggerated, but you get the gist of it.

This helped me a lot. Thank you!

Name: Selene

Birth: 29/7/13

Sentience: Yes

Form: Human, black hair, green eyes.

Working on: Imposition

That's a little tricky, you'd really have to feel that out for yourself. I'd love to explain it but explaining emotions themselves isn't easy. In a simple example - if you feel happiness, you can consider that as agreement. So if you ask them "Would you like to play a game?" and you feel happiness, you could translate that into "I'd love to!". Of course this is a little exaggerated, but you get the gist of it.

I am pretty new to all this, but as you mention it, I pretty much do what you mentioned, I can't say that I have felt sadness, but, when talking to and narrating to Yuka-chan, I often just bust out a little smile straight after asking something or saying something, and in turn assume an answer depending on the context of the narration

Tulpa - Yukai Shi (Yuka) しゆかい (ゆか)

Form - Shapeshifter

Working on viualization and vocalization

Some clarification on this. Thus far, Tetra and I have really only been able to work out a basic yes/no system with head pressure, which is just fine for basic conversations, however I sometimes just randomly feel her, as though she's trying to say something important, but it's very difficult to get where she's coming from... How would you translate this? Or is it merely that I'm in need of a bit more development before I begin working on mindvoice?

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

MY TULPAE

1)Name: Tetra

Form: Gardevoir

Personality: Kind, friendly, strong-willed, likes Trance and Led Zeppelin

Stage: Formulating speech

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

@Akuma_Shinigami: Not feeling sadness is normal, unless your tulpa has a reason to be sad they probably won't be.

@Deathofshadows: I too sometimes bump into certain things my tulpas can't make into a phrase, and that I can't translate either. If this happens, that's fine, there's not much you can do about something neither of you know how to turn into words, but you can try moving from simple "yes/no" questions to things that require slightly longer answers or just usage of different words, like "should i get the green, yellow or blue one?" "which pair of shoes should I wear today?" "Do you want to watch Inception, House or Dr. Who?" etc. Good luck.

@zero, i do ask my tulpa questions like that, we are quite undeveloped still, yet i do practice every day, whether its forcing, narrating, acknowledging, talking directly to, etc,

time is not important to me, i see this as a life thing anyway,

But i read Yuka-chan a book, and when i finished, i asked her to choose out of another 2, i tried to listen, but instead went on instinct, i read a few pages and totally did not enjoy, ahaa, maybe my instinct was wrong, or just maybe she did not like it and i tranlated it as "I" didnt like it,

I try to wait for an answer, and if i cant make anything out, i just go with whatever seems to feel more right

Tulpa - Yukai Shi (Yuka) しゆかい (ゆか)

Form - Shapeshifter

Working on viualization and vocalization

That seems to be about it. I wouldn't recommend this method for people who have an entirely non-vocal tulpa, it might be counter-productive in that case. However, if you already can make out the difference between your emotions/thoughts and your tulpa's emotions/thoughts, then by all means.