Hello There, Guest! Register

[Vocality] How to talk to your tulpa in less time
Sands Offline
And Roswell
Registered

Threads: 9

RE: [Vocality] How to talk to your tulpa in less time

Right, well first off the bat the title is kind of misleading. No one method is able to make someone's tupper suddenly and magically vocal. For some, yes, this will work. But this guide is implying it works for most and even seems to think it's the only correct way, calling the "opposite" method a "misconception". Funny misconception that has actually worked for people and been helpful, huh? But only testing's guide is right, duh. He knows it the best.

Unless the title just means how to... Talk to your tulpa in less time. In which case that only takes a second or less anyways, so. Maybe how to hear would be better, but it would still be misleading and still implies this is somehow going to work to everyone. And if you read testing's replies, that's exactly what he seems to think.

The state of mind is supposedly a big part of this guide. Unfortunately it seems to be nothing more than symbolism, but let's let that slide for now because this is something that's hard to explain anyways. But I don't think it's done properly here. It also claims that everyone will get headaches or something unless they've done imaginary friend stuff/something before... Except whoops, everyone won't! Even those who have never done anything like this before, claiming they will is only going to discourage them and think they're not doing something right even if they just might be a person who doesn't get headaches this way. That part should be removed, but then the very important part of the guide would be even smaller. The state of mind part needs a lot more meat with less symbolism.

And the entire guide needs to be spellchecked, it's awful to read. Only really worth it to do it here if others think this should be approved because every sentence seems to be having multiple typos. In its current state, definitely disapproved. Even if this was a really good guide, the spelling is bad enough to not make it up to standards. But the guide needs to remove its boastful claims and needs some more guiding about getting the right mindset this guide says is really important.

Oh and the part where it suggests the other guide should be removed because the other guide is ass.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)
01-27-2014, 03:38 PM
Find Reply

Sponsors:
Lolflash - click it, you know you want to

waffles Offline
no capital
Registered

Threads: 25
1 Attached Account

Yes, we're definitely on Carmen Sandiego's trail here. I can't approve it because of the spelling and grammar, let alone the rest.
01-28-2014, 10:14 PM
Find Reply
GGMethos Offline
batpones
Registered

Threads: 3

Will certainly approve for guides once the grammar has been fixed.

And some other things that Sands mentioned should probably be changed too...

"Assert the supremacy of your Imaginal acts over facts and put all things in subjection to them... Nothing can take it from but your failure to persist in imagining the ideal realized."

-Neville Goddard
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2014, 01:13 AM by GGMethos.)
01-30-2014, 01:10 AM
Website Find Reply
schlondark Offline
Registered

Threads: 5

Disapproved for reasons already stated.
01-31-2014, 04:08 AM
Find Reply
Anonymous
Unregistered

Disapproved.
02-01-2014, 04:46 AM
Averian Offline
Registered

Threads: 2

I will disapprove until those things are fixed. Not a bad guide though.
02-01-2014, 01:55 PM
Find Reply
Linkzelda Offline
>MFW Image Streaming
Registered

Threads: 30
2 Attached Accounts

If OP ever responds in that other guide submission he's made, I will happily contribute in providing another option to reformat, spell check, and fix grammar as well in the future. But until then, disapproved. The concepts are there for sure (at least for me), but it does take some filtering out to get the train of thought from OP.

(This post was last modified: 02-01-2014, 02:09 PM by Linkzelda.)
02-01-2014, 02:09 PM
Find Reply
NotAnonymous Offline
Registered

Threads: 0

Blank Vote, leaning toward approved for Guides if editing is done, although could also go in Tips as some parts may be a bit personalized.

The guide needs some more editing to fix various typos and grammar issues.

>Sentience is required

That's great, but it would be nicer to ask people some questions so that they can check for it, mostly in lines of how they perceive their tulpa and their actions/thoughts.

>Step 1: The state of mind

This seems to be getting you in a slightly more disorganized state of mind and getting you to be mindful, or at least a bit distracted and daydreaming a bit. There's also some bits of symbolism there about thought positions that may not work the same for everyone.

>Step 2:Listen

This seems to be getting you to be mindful not just of the thoughts in your mind, but of the actual qualities the thoughts have (for example, how do your own thoughts sound like to you), it makes you pay more attention inward, especially to qualities important to recognizing a tulpa's speech.

This step also seems to imply that a tulpa could direct your attention to certain thoughts which could help with communication. It also tells one to use something similar to that one "THE VOICE" tutorial by devano, where one gets their tulpa to repeat some phrases until they're good at speaking.

>Step 3: After he/she is talking

This is mostly about you learning to consistently perceive the tulpa and the tulpa learning to communicate more consistently, that is, just more practice and focus.

This particular bit of the guide is quite true as well "Once you learn the feeling of your tulpa talking to you it should be much easier to hear her talk. . You can enter the state of mind directly" and the aim of the guide is just getting the reader to have the right experiences to the point where the tulpa has an easy time to communicate.

Overall the guide seems to be slightly overcomplicating the matter of hearing one's tulpa's voice, but I could see it helping some people, especially people who haven't learned to be mindful of their own thoughts and mental state, those that don't know how their tulpa feels like to them (essence/presence), or those that still don't treat their tulpa's thoughts as external from themselves (not self-caused, but caused by the tulpa who has control/agency over their actions) - that is, something to be perceived, not generated by themselves - however, if they don't treat the tulpa like that, can the tulpa said to be said to be Sentient? (at least as far as they're perceiving the tulpa's actions, not the actual nature of the tulpa from the tulpa's own perspective - which could very well be sentient, but if the host isn't perceiving anything, that'd be unfalsifiable).

As a personal side-note, a long time ago I found that paying attention to my own thoughts many times have helped my tulpa better focus on theirs and reply more clearly - that is, if you're worried about predicting your tulpa's replies or parroting them or whatever, all it takes is to keep some sort of passive focus on the tulpa while you're thinking/being distracted by something else, and they'll respond pretty freely, eventually they're proficient enough at talking that it just happens.

Also, it seems to me that this guide is mostly meant to be something you follow with the help of someone (like you can see in testing's logs he linked and posted in his pastebin) - that is, you have someone to make sure you're perceiving/paying attention to the right qualities about your tulpa ('s actions and thoughts) and their speech, while they guide you towards the right experiences you're supposed to be having. No guide can truly be fool-proof, but sometimes it's easier for one person that has the right subjective experiences to guide another person into having similar experiences, usually with "live" feedback (such as on IRC).
02-01-2014, 09:30 PM
Find Reply
Linkzelda Offline
>MFW Image Streaming
Registered

Threads: 30
2 Attached Accounts

7/9 Disapprove = unstickied until OP considers to re-evaluate suggestions from other members.

02-03-2014, 06:08 AM
Find Reply
tormentedbynostalgia Offline
Registered

Threads: 2

Hmm this looks interesting. I'll try it out with my Tulpa some more, then maybe he can get his own voice and not use mine!

Tulpa's name: Eli
Height: 6'2"
Form: Humanoid
Sentience: Unknown.
03-29-2014, 07:14 AM
Find Reply