Voices when i sleep / Shadows when i mediate

Zone

Already sorry if its in the wrong thread again!

Im pretty new here and creating my tulpa for a month or more now, she dont speak with me yet and i found out when i go to bed and try to sleep i always hear voices.. clear voices in my head like never before and i always think thats my tulpa! so i talk to her, i motivate her to speak with me and stuff like that. She dont answer back.

This is every night so, i also mediate every day for the visualization and never happen something like this, btw she dont move in the wonderland herself or so ._.

I searched in the forums for something like this but just found the opposite.

Is this normal? should i visualize her when i sleep? Or is this all normal and i just think to much about it?

thanks

It sounds like you don't have a sentient tulpa yet. The voices that you hear before going to sleep is probably just hypnogogia being funky.

I have no idea what you are trying to explain about your visualisation

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

Give it time. Those random voices are controllable by your tulpas. I used to have random voices, now during that time before sleep they do use that opportunity to soeak, and they eventually formed beautiful voices in that state. I'm very happy we learned how to do that, but honestly it just kinda happend.

Give it time. Those random voices are controllable by your tulpas. I used to have random voices, now during that time before sleep they do use that opportunity to soeak, and they eventually formed beautiful voices in that state. I'm very happy we learned how to do that, but honestly it just kinda happend.

Ok thanks now i feel better and i will give it more time :).

You can think they are if it motivates you to force more and such, but there most likely is a simpler explanation, such as you just being tired. Besides, if a host can't control hallucinations like that, I find it hard to believe a tulpa can. Tulpas aren't magic, they aren't born with special abilities.

While it's important to have faith and belief in one's tulpa, it's also important not to neglect skepticism entirely. There must be a healthy balance between the two.

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

Perhapse i didn't make it clear enough when i commented, or i misunderstood your comment, Apollo. I'm not making this up.

In our experience, they can definitely control it, it has become them, Apollo. The hypnagogic state is now our time to speak and see them without any effort on my part. It sometimes takes a minute for them to start using it, so there might be some random stuff still in the beginning, but no, i can't control it, i don't believe they're magic, and they certainly do take command of that state. I've written dozens of examples here and in my PR. It can even happen in broad daylight when in a relaxed state. (Especially woth relaxation meditation) In their voice, with clear, claimed, and apt messages and answers to direct questions.

I've been able to use the hallucinations to my benefit as well, and have managed to intentionally control the vivid images no different than a lucid dream but much more stable and in the waking state. I've been doing this almost every day for 9 months, don't doubt it or dismiss it.

Regardless of the subject matter or whether or not it's personal to someone, we should not be telling others what they should or shouldn't be allowed to doubt. That isn't the sort of culture we want tulpa.info to have.

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

Besides, if a host can't control hallucinations like that, I find it hard to believe a tulpa can. Tulpas aren't magic, they aren't born with special abilities.

When I saw

Give it time. Those random voices are controllable by your tulpas.

my first instinct was "Yeah, no". But I thought about what someone believing yes or no would do practically speaking, and decided it was too gray to be worth outright denying.

The problem with "If a host can't control hallucinations like that" is that maybe they very well could. The same reason the full effects of placebo aren't active at all times - people don't believe they should be the case, or oftentimes even realize it's something they could be trying to change. In our experience, it's moreso we hold ourselves back from things that don't make immediate sense, despite mental phenomena being very malleable if you actually try and work with them. Tulpas are not born with any special abilities, but they do make a great conduit for placebo in doing things the host never realized they could've done. In many cases, the host never would have believed they could do these things, so it gives the illusion of the tulpas having certain abilities exclusively.

The other side, that's still a problem with the original statement, is saying it so matter-of-factly as the case for someone else. They very well could not be controllable. We cannot control the fronter's near-sleep thought drifting in the slightest. It's not anything intrusive, but for example, our thinking about each other (trying to have a conversation when mostly asleep) will generally drift off and away to nonsense as little as five to ten seconds later, shutting us out entirely.

Now that may or may not be the same thing as the OP per se because it happens on the border of sleep and when very tired, which is a terrible time to try forcing (although it can be okay for visualization/no-stakes stuff, case by case), but it's an example of where taking that advice as fact would lead to distress at our inability to make use of it. There's a difference in enabling and misleading, which can be quite hard to strike a balance of - hence why I didn't post to oppose what you said. But, you know, Apollo did.

A quick personal note: Our hypnagogic state (if any) is entirely uncontrollable. Your case is at least a little unique Bear, insofar as not universal. We don't experience hypnagogic thoughts and hallucinations until on the border of sleep, at which point our only options if we're still conscious enough are to let them play out (no real consciousness on our part, no memory) and fall asleep or become more conscious, which stops them. We too are a unique case - obviously, you know of our lucid dreaming attempts - but I would venture that a large number of people (perhaps not the majority) fall asleep too quickly to make much use of the hypnagogic state. Hence WILD not being the be-all end-all lucid dreaming technique; it doesn't work for quite a few people.

Not to say I oppose claiming it's possible, or encouraging to try controlling hypnagogia with your tulpas. Just to avoid saying it must be the case. We do try to avoid doing that here.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Ah well, poor wording perhaps, you guys are really missing something special, good luck to you all, i believe it's possible for anyone, i don't have any reason to think i'm so very special.