Hello There, Guest! Register

What do I call these characters?
solarchariot Offline
It's bigger on the inside
Forum Moderators

Threads: 14

RE: What do I call these characters?

Your perspective sounds reasonable to me. Perspective can never really be unreasonable, because you see what you see from where you are... if that makes sense.

What to do with the 'grays...' better than having the blues, I suppose. Definitely better than fifty shades of grays... There was a song I knew... also the title of the first book of river world series, by phillip jose farmer.... "To your Scattered Bodies Go." What would happen if you just let them go where they want to go. So, when I think about you alter egos, I imagine I hear the words 'upgrades.' so, for example, you are not your six year old self, but according to some psychoanalytical theorist, that 6 year old still exist within your psyche and so you could interact with it and change present disposition by changing or helping six year old meet the needs that didn't get met by family of origin or environment. It seems like, our entire nature is to learn and add to our understanding, and or change or adapt our understanding, and so every thought you have encountered or inspired as either been integrated or caused divergence... this is normal. those old paradigm or divergence path still exist, or you wouldn't be able to account for present location and trajectory. ummm, thinking on it. Hope this is helpful.
05-17-2018, 08:22 PM
Find Reply

Sponsors:
Lolflash - click it, you know you want to

Cat_ShadowGriffin Offline
Gray the Griff
Registered

Threads: 17
1 Attached Account

RE: What do I call these characters?

(05-17-2018, 08:22 PM)solarchariot Wrote: Your perspective sounds reasonable to me. Perspective can never really be unreasonable, because you see what you see from where you are... if that makes sense.

What to do with the 'grays...' better than having the blues, I suppose. Definitely better than fifty shades of grays... There was a song I knew... also the title of the first book of river world series, by phillip jose farmer.... "To your Scattered Bodies Go." What would happen if you just let them go where they want to go. So, when I think about you alter egos, I imagine I hear the words 'upgrades.' so, for example, you are not your six year old self, but according to some psychoanalytical theorist, that 6 year old still exist within your psyche and so you could interact with it and change present disposition by changing or helping six year old meet the needs that didn't get met by family of origin or environment. It seems like, our entire nature is to learn and add to our understanding, and or change or adapt our understanding, and so every thought you have encountered or inspired as either been integrated or caused divergence... this is normal. those old paradigm or divergence path still exist, or you wouldn't be able to account for present location and trajectory.   ummm, thinking on it. Hope this is helpful.

You should make a list of all the things "Grays" could mean before Squarewave does.

Not too long ago, a peer from my English class said she had some kind of mental relationship with younger-aged versions of herself. I don't believe it is unreasonable to assume that this falls under a similar category. However, not all younger versions of a Host necessarily are alter egos but are actual Tulpas, so it depends on whether the Host thinks the character represents themself or thinks the character is their own person.

My "Grays" work differently from the younger-versions concept, at least not obviously. None of them are children (well, Hope and maybe Jasper are weird exceptions), and their emotional perspectives are not as obvious as "Anger" or "Sadness". I do have an emphasis on evil/good, so "Grays" like Blue (used to be named Gold) have light magic where Grays more similar to Moltosha (I have no idea why I named him that) have dark magic. The problem is they change over time so Dark Gray went from being a stereotypical evil personality to a mellow almost father figure where Fernardo went 180 one way and then 180 back to where he started. Even with all of the extra layers of complicated, the same basic idea still holds: they all represent myself in some way but have a different train of thought or perspective on things.

Don't worry guys, I'm not a Dragon! My art style is an optical illusion. I'm not a hippo either, I promise.
Ranger usually speaks in azure text, but some of his older posts are in orange text.
05-17-2018, 10:41 PM
Find Reply