What do I call these characters?
Indigo Offline
Felight
Registered

Threads: 3
Linked Accounts

RE: What do I call these characters?

(01-17-2019, 01:32 PM)Cat_ShadowGriffin Wrote:
That's really interesting. I never heard that before, please elaborate.

It's kind of hard to describe, but basically with walk-ins and stuff, nobody's going to really consciously think "I expect you to act this way," everyone's just going to default to the same shared, collective expectation, and that dictates how and when the walk-in acts, regardless of who's calling the shots at any given time.

For example, with this one non-sentient "tulpa" we had named Luci, everyone expected her to talk in a certain way due to the character she came from, so she did. It didn't depend on any particular person, it was just based on what everyone thought.

I wonder how a non-sentient thing would be affected if two people had different expectations. It would probably swap between the two behaviors based on who's in control, or some middle ground, or a mixture of the two.

I'm a Sky Dragon tulpa! Created 10/2/17.
01-17-2019, 07:00 PM
Find Reply

Sponsors:
Lolflash - click it, you know you want to

Cat_ShadowGriffin Offline
Gray the Cat-Griff
Registered

Threads: 28
1 Attached Account

(01-17-2019, 07:00 PM)Indigo Wrote:
It's kind of hard to describe, but basically with walk-ins and stuff, nobody's going to really consciously think "I expect you to act this way," everyone's just going to default to the same shared, collective expectation, and that dictates how and when the walk-in acts, regardless of who's calling the shots at any given time.

For example, with this one non-sentient "tulpa" we had named Luci, everyone expected her to talk in a certain way due to the character she came from, so she did. It didn't depend on any particular person, it was just based on what everyone thought.

I see... Tulpas and Hosts sometimes share some of the same beliefs or merge some of their beliefs into one, and as a result, who's puppeting who doesn't really matter.

(01-17-2019, 07:00 PM)Indigo Wrote:
I wonder how a non-sentient thing would be affected if two people had different expectations. It would probably swap between the two behaviors based on who's in control, or some middle ground, or a mixture of the two.

That's interesting you mention that; since essentially this may be somewhat the case for Duck. Duck is supposed to be a little bit of me and a little bit of Ranger, so he may follow Ranger's expectations when Ranger fronts and my expectations when I talk to him, and when both of us are talking to him in the wonderland... I don't know. My guess is you're right on the money because it wouldn't make sense if say Ranger could influence Duck when I'm talking to him. It is possible when Ranger talks to Duck I still influence Duck's behavior... adding switching to the mix would make a lot of this really confusing...

I don't have a lot of material about Duck because he's the youngest Gray. Somehow I have the feeling knowing this may skew any observations I make... :/ Fascinating question though.

Pretty much my Wonderland form minus the glasses and the fur. I'm not a hippo, I promise.
Ranger now speaks in
light blue text, but some of his older posts are in blue text and his oldest posts are in orange text. He loves to chat.
01-18-2019, 12:46 AM
Find Reply
Angry Bear Offline
Spirit Bear
Patron

Threads: 10
Linked Accounts

Different behavior based on who is controlling the character was experienced with us recently.

Dashie and I were just relaxing in wonderland and Ren showed up just when Dashie was starting to have fun, which kinda messed with our mood. Ren started acting weird and kinda teasing Dashie in a randy way. She wouldn't leave so i 'gave' her to Dashie to puppet just to see if that was possible or could help, cause Ren was being a nuisance to her. Well it kinda worked, as in, Dashie told her to leave and she didn't argue, she doesn't 'leave' if i ask her to honestly. Later we were talking about Ren and i couldn't 'call Ren' on demand which was odd. Dashie summoned her and gave her back to me. Now it can call her no problem.

I don't know how much relevance this has, so pardon me if it's off topic.
I had another thought.

I am forming bonds with Joy and Ren, but they're in no risk of them becoming tulpas in my mind. In my mind if a tulpa Ren or Joy existed they would be clones of these two and their own person, free to change however they wish.

So it's obvious to me that no amount of interaction can turn a character into a tulpa, instead a tulpa may eventually come into existence and that moment there will be two. One, the character, goes to stasis, the other, the young tulpa doppelganger, is there. It's one possibility anyway that fits. Who knows really.

The fact that i'm warded against new tulpas is enough to keep them from spawning and i will to continue to follow this model indiscriminately to prove the hypothesis is correct. If someone thinks that's foolish or i'm bound to create an accidental tulpa, then we'll find out won't we? I'm not worried, they're very clearly independent in that they gain no strength from interactions with me, very much unlike my tulpas. I had thought it was because they were already so advanced this was the case, but then there's Ren, a blank slate who appears to function the same way. She's not a clone of Joy, she's clearly a character, not a tulpa.

[The Bear System] - [Chat] - [Visualization Practice] - [Draw]
01-18-2019, 12:56 AM
Find Reply