What hasn't been covered?

Kiahdaj

What steps, concepts, etc; anything relating to the tulpa phenomenon do you feel still have yet to be covered in any guides, or popular threads?

Likely something you had wanted the answer to during development, but were left to discover on your own?

Really; anything at all.

Just don't be stupid.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Possession.Maybe it's my "need to know everything" personality, but I feel there isn't enough about possession. I am crediting the already written guides, but none of them go further than just "possessing a hand or limb". They give very detailed descriptions on important parts, but none go further than that. None of the guides I seem to have come across describe how to go from a single limb to full body possession. :/

So I'd say full body possession.

Tulpa: Adryan Form: Anthro wolf-ish Stage: *sighs loudly*

“Human beings can always be relied on to assert, with vigor, their god-given right to be stupid”

-Dean Koontz

“In the end, I worry that my arrogance shall destroy us all”

-Brandon Sanderson

Guest Anonymous

There is only one guide to switching, another one from a different perspective would be nice.

The more tips for imposition the better, as a lot of people struggle with this step.

I'm sure this is me just not looking close enough, but what were the Tibetan practices regarding tulpa?

Although it doesn't use the word "tulpa" I believe this describes it pretty well.

And of course there's Alexandra David-Neel:

Phantoms, as Tibetans describe them, and those that I have myself seen do not resemble the apparitions which are said to occur during spiritualist seances.

As I have said, some apparitions are created on purpose either by a lengthy process resembling that described in the former chapter on the visualization of Ydam or, in the case of proficient adepts, instantaneously or almost instantaneously. In other cases, apparently the author of the phenomenon generates it unconsciously, and is not even in the least aware of the apparition being seen by others.

However, the practice is considered as fraught with danger for every one who has not reached a high mental and spiritual degree of enlightenment and is not fully aware of the nature of the psychic forces at work in the process.

Once the tulpa is endowed with enough vitality to be capable of playing the part of a real being, it tends to free itself from its maker's control. This, say Tibetan occultists, happens nearly mechanically, just as the child, when his body is completed and able to live apart, leaves its mother's womb. Sometimes the phantom becomes a rebellious son and one hears of uncanny struggles that have taken place between magicians and their creatures, the former being severely hurt or even killed by the latter.

Tibetan magicians also relate cases in which the tulpa is sent to fulfil a mission, but does not come back and pursues its peregrinations as a half-conscious, dangerously mischievous puppet. The same thing, it is said, may happen when the maker of the tulpa dies before having dissolved it. Yet as a rule the phantom either disappears suddenly at the death of the magician or gradually vanishes like a body that perishes for want of food. On the other hand, some tulpas are expressly intended to survive their creator and are specially formed for that purpose.

"'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.'"

I feel as if that link has taught me everything that I need to know to finish the tulpa process. Once again Shui, your posts are of the highest quality.

Yeah, most concepts and issues can be found by personal examination and experimentation rather than having people spoon-feed everything to you (i.e. the gurus that play hard-to-get which forces the student to research on their own to get to the same level of acceptance the gurus would want).

The same link reflects on a lot on how we have a predisposition to be impatient and irritated with our progress with the process of building a bond with our tulpa. There's so many things to cover that a thread like this would only cover a limited amount of ideas, it's seriously an on-going process of learning new things and perspectives when we're engaging with our tulpa.

Thanks. Though it's a little bit sad because it does have everything you need to know, and I've had this for years, but I was always looking for more information and never using it. I mean the information in this community has been an immense help and has revolutionized the way I see tulpas, but I could have been done with imposition years ago.

"'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.'"

Guest Anonymous

There is only one guide to switching, another one from a different perspective would be nice.

There are at least three that I know of actually ;)

But you are right, it would be nice to have others from a different perspective.

The guides are mainly about imposing the wonderland on your senses, like your tulpa, but the people I talked to did it a little differently, it would be nice to have these methods available without having to go look for people who already did it.

First of all, Shui, Where did you find that quote from Alexandra David-Neel's book? I'd be very interested in reading that. If you have it, or know where to find it, please tell me. Your posts are really awesome by the way.

Second, I've noticed there are practically no guides for what I consider the most important part of imposition (if anyone does that anymore) which is auditory imposition. The most I could find were some vague descriptions in a few guides and Fede's Tones, which I really don't think are at all reliable. Plus that listening to white noise for a few hours is really daunting. I get actually dizzy from listening to that or any binaural beats. Is actually hearing your tulpa even possible?