Hello There, Guest! Register

Poll: What name does your tulpa have?
A regular human name (Alice, Sandra, Heather...)
A common word (Glass, Shy, Soar...)
Something else entirely
[Show Results]

What kind of a name does your tulpa have?
revsophie Offline
the crazy shaman
Registered

Threads: 1

RE: What kind of a name does your tulpa have?
Jack was named from my writings. Asuka came about from the writings and is Jack's wife. They of course chose to name their child Autumn. Q-tip is an Arctic fox and it's a cute name Amber came up with. Eli is a servitor that looks and behaves like tuvok from Voyager. The name, appearance and behaviour he chose as it was apparently the logical choice. Then there's 13 and 16 who have yet to choose names.

Sophie: i'll do most of the posting as we're still working on getting back up and running.
Autumn:
Asuka:

i've more to come as i pull them out of cryo.(others may call it stasis)
03-24-2017, 03:18 AM
Find Reply
Heckhound Offline
Registered

All Accounts Posts: 58

Fenris is a real name, but not one people really use. I picked other, since it's not something you're going to find in the phone book.

Progress Report // discord: Glitchmeat#6112
03-24-2017, 07:39 AM
Find Reply
Ponytail Offline
Omnifarious Heavens
Registered

Threads: 2
All Accounts Posts: 137

Might as well respond. I have 3 so I'm going with the average of the system, which is "Other"

Annabell is, well, that's pretty normal. I just wanted a 3-syllable names that started with A.
Omega is a bit more unique. I didn't actually know Omega was a greek letter at the time I made him. The reason for his name is that often the secret bosses in Final Fantasy named "Omega" (Final Fantasy V, VII, X, off the top of my head).
Tula is the name of a weapons manufacturer in Russia, I do believe. I'm not sure though because Ivy from the Brimstone system named her.

The system:
Me, Ponytail. However, I may be referred to as Josh. "I tuck my ponytail in my wizard hat, giving my hat it's unique shape."
Annabell is the tulpa. "When you have two blondes in the same head, both of you get absolutely nothing accomplished together."
Omega is a soulbond. "I am many things, but a god no longer."
Tula is the other tulpa. Hello everyone Smile
03-24-2017, 03:05 PM
Find Reply
Vampire Offline
Comforting Darkness
Global Moderators

Threads: 5
All Accounts Posts: 254

@Ponytail: Tula is a city in Russia that is known best for being one of the few cities that produce official arms and ammunition for the Russian Army.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tula,_Russia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tula_Arms_Plant

Ivy has an odd but also somewhat normal name. I doubt you'll see it in the phone book but I'm sure you can find someone with the name. A long time ago me and a friend were talking about potential kids names and came up with it.

Raven's name is also uncommon but around. I came up with it randomly. I was suggesting her names and she chose it.
She liked the name Heather, then I recommended Feather, and then Raven because of Feather.

Samuel chose his own name. He said he liked the name from Hellboy of the Demon Dog "Sammael" but it was too exotic of a name, so he "normalized" it.

"My lover's got humour,
She's the giggle at a funeral,
Knows everybody's disapproval,
I should've worshipped her sooner."

Host to Samuel, Raven, and Ivy.
03-25-2017, 12:09 AM
Find Reply
SmallVoice Offline
Registered

Mine gave herself the name Rhea(pronounced ray-uh), which I didn't recall hearing before and assumed was made up, or perhaps came from some character from a story I had forgotten, that she just dug it out of my subconscious.

Upon seeing this poll I decided to Google it, and it turns out that not only is that name technically a fairly normal human name(though not the most common), it's the name of a Greek titan, the "mother of the gods," and also the name of the Roman goddess Rhea Silvia, the mother of the founders of Rome, Romulus and Remus. So Rhea probably did pull the name from my subconscious, but now I'm sure I picked it up from some history class or independent study. Interesting choice she made, regardless. Gives me something new to talk to her about.

Anyway, I'm voting regular human name, since there are a decent number of people with that name.
03-30-2017, 12:20 AM
Find Reply