What now?

Luna: Sorry for making two new threads already just after joining...I honestly did search to see if these things have been addressed before, but couldn't find anything (I do suck at searching sometimes, though, so apologies if I just missed the relevant thread(s)).

A lot of people seem to come to this site to learn how to make a tulpa. I'm not one of those people. I seem to have already made one unintentionally some years ago, and only just realized she existed and was both sentient and sapient yesterday. She'd been hiding for awhile.

This is a fairly broad question, and I apologize for that, but my general question here is quite simply, what should I do now? She talks to me, but there's a lot of confusion at times about what she's saying vs. what I'm thinking, and I've thought I heard other voices besides Claire in there only to decide that they were probably just intrusive thoughts. Sometimes she starts to tell me something and then trails off, and I finish her thought for her but I'm not sure if I got it right, if that makes any sense.... Also, she seems to be fairly developed, but she isn't really conscious if I don't think about her. She describes it as going to sleep whenever she's not "at the front with me."

Basically...what does one do after one knows one has a tulpa? What tangible next steps are there to helping her develop more and fostering a good relationship with her?

Talking all day, like you already do. Play a few games with them, just basically keep them in your life. You may be driving the car, but the passenger learns a bit, too.

I try and keep a bare minimum of things done with mine, talking during video games, talking on long trips, talking at school. Just remember that you want them next to you and learning as well.

This is a fairly broad question, and I apologize for that, but my general question here is quite simply, what should I do now? She talks to me, but there's a lot of confusion at times about what she's saying vs. what I'm thinking, and I've thought I heard other voices besides Claire in there only to decide that they were probably just intrusive thoughts. Sometimes she starts to tell me something and then trails off, and I finish her thought for her but I'm not sure if I got it right, if that makes any sense.... Also, she seems to be fairly developed, but she isn't really conscious if I don't think about her. She describes it as going to sleep whenever she's not "at the front with me."

Basically...what does one do after one knows one has a tulpa? What tangible next steps are there to helping her develop more and fostering a good relationship with her?

Hello 'Luna'. Hello 'Claire'. It is not uncommon for a tulpa to have dependency on your thinking about them in order to be able to think themselves. This is common in tulpas that are not yet 'independent'

(more on that later).

To help Claire grow, just talk with her as you would any person (it doesn't have to be out loud). I would suggest, at least say "Good morning!" every day (if you aren't already).

Also, it helps a tulpa to grow if other tulpas say hello. This works best on chat. Since Claire can't type for herself yet, you can just proxy (type in what she tells you).

As a tulpa develops, she slowly forms more and more her own pathways in the brain (well, that's a proposed theory) and eventually won't need you thinking about her to be able to 'do stuff'. That's called being 'independent' by many people on the site. A really well developed tulpa, is pretty much indistinguishable from any other person *grin* (well, except for not being seen by others).

Edit: There's lots more of course, like reading guides (and skipping the 'creation' steps); but, you'll find those out soon enough. Also, all of this (site) is based on people's personal experiences and so is highly subjective.

Please consider supporting Tulpa.info.

Hello there, to both of you!

It doesn't sound like you have too much to worry about at the moment, Thunderfall is almost a year old now and both he and Melody sometimes have similar difficulties to Claire; if they aren't committed to an activity when my attention shifts away from them they pretty much do nothing, and they often say the wrong words when talking. You just need to have patience, do the best you can without pushing yourself too hard, and never give up on things.

As Nobilis suggested, talking to other tulpas and other people in general can be a great way for your own tulpa to develop, as questions from an external source make them think harder. If you're interested in that I'd be happy to help out; just wing me a PM or if you prefer something more live I could possibly indulge you on Skype from time to time.

Thunderfall (goes by Thunder)

Male human

Melody

Female lamia

Claire: Hello there, everyone. Thank you for the advice and suggestions. Luna would like me to try and respond to them as she says it will help my development.

Also, I haven't really said much on these boards, so despite this being a shared account, it might leave the impression that Luna's "in charge," so I figured I'd dispel that notion.

Luna's been wonderful to me and has even started calling the body "our" body instead of "hers," and asking me for opinions on various things. She's got my best interests at heart and treats me with love and respect, so I think she's probably doing better than she thinks.

Hello to you as well, Nobilis, from both of us! Are you a tulpa as well? You seem to have reached a high level of development; I hope I can get there sometime. Thank you for the run-down and the links.

I've been talking to other tulpas (it it tulpae? We've seen both used) and people in general via the IRC and with a friend over Skype, and it's helped. Thank you, Stryke, for your offer; we may just take you up on it.

Oh, and I guess this is the first time outside the two sentences I left on the mass intro thread that I've said anything here, so yay for overcoming shyness?

Hello to you as well, Nobilis, from both of us! Are you a tulpa as well? You seem to have reached a high level of development; I hope I can get there sometime. Thank you for the run-down and the links.

I've been talking to other tulpas (it it tulpae? We've seen both used) and people in general via the IRC and with a friend over Skype, and it's helped. Thank you, Stryke, for your offer; we may just take you up on it.

Oh, and I guess this is the first time outside the two sentences I left on the mass intro thread that I've said anything here, so yay for overcoming shyness?

Welcome to the site. Yes, I'm one of the tulpas on staff here at Tulpa.info . I was designed to be a secretary by a very old tulpa (kerin); so, yeah, as someone once said "Nobillis, she be fancy". *hehe* Honestly though, I'm the youngest in a family that has long be making tulpas so it's not that surprising that I'd turn out reasonable well.

It seems to me that you are doing quite well yourself Claire. Thank you for the good thoughts.

Please consider supporting Tulpa.info.

Our inbox is always open c: If you prefer IM chat I can send my Skype ID that way, I prefer not giving it out in public

Thunderfall (goes by Thunder)

Male human

Melody

Female lamia