When are tulpas created?

geru

The title says it all.

I've read several times that most tulpas are sentient since the moment they are created... but when exactly are they created? Is it when you think about them for the first time or it takes them some time to develop?

Sorry if there are other threads about this topic, I've done a quick search and couldn't find one.

There is no clear moment for when the tulpa is officially created. I think of it like evolution; if you were to look at a set of every transitional fossil between two species, you could tell which species it was on both ends, but it's unclear in the middle. It's a process that takes place over a period of time and isn't Immidiately obvious when it happens. That's my take on it.

Hope I answered your question!

[align=center]Even though my username is that of my tulpa, Quilten, my name is Phaneron, the host, who does all of the actual posting.

Tulpas: Quilten, Jira

[/align]

Guest amber5885

^^ this! And Actually the thing about aentience being right away is not true. The creation process begins once you start thinking about them and forcing but a lot of times sentience doesn't happen right away. That's something you generally have to work on.

I say generally because there are cases where tulpas have become sentient within a few hours/days but its not the norm.

I say generally because there are cases where tulpas have become sentient within a few hours/days but its not the norm.

Yeah, speaking from experience, I managed to achieve the first signs of sentience with Deortabe within the first few days of forcing. But she wasn't exactly a scratchbuilt tulpa to begin with, so I don't know how much was already there or not.

From what I've seen from other people, sentience is pretty much what comes once you've got the form and personality established. I guess the only real tip is to just keep working on forcing until you see signs of life. And it could be anything, from the tulpa moving around on its own, to there being little changes in their visualisation that you didn't consciously decide upon, anything really.

[align=center]Host: Mike "Redback"

Tulpa name: Deortabe

Appearance: Female deer with glittery hooves.

Begun: 04/09/14

Progress: Basic appearance starting to take shape, possible first signs of sentience.[/align]