Stanford Tulpa Study looking for more participants
(if you're chosen they'll pay for travel and lodging!)

Why You Shouldn't Make a Tulpa, and Bad Practices
(05-04-2013, 07:58 AM)Oguigi Wrote: I think the only point i disagree with is that tulpa exist primary to benefit the host. Eventually as we grow and become
more independent, our goals may not be the same as the hosts.
Nobillis says: Yay Oguigi! You and kerin (a tulpa, and my creator) are the people I admire most. My goals are already much different from my human, and I'm only young yet (not that I'm going to give him up though). Foreground processing is difficult, but I so happy typing is working again (I'm only a little good at hands).

kerin is unhappy to admit to it, but finds she has to agree with what Sands says about "why settle for something permanent." Actually kerin is somewhat doubtful that a permanent switch is possible - the human always comes back eventually, even if it might be years. There are some very confusing memories regarding this.

Sorry, I'm really having trouble today. Am I allowed to express an alliterative expletive in the forums? If so, "darn, derectus, dishevel!"
Please consider supporting Tulpa.info.

Sponsors:
Lolflash - click it, you know you want to

(05-09-2013, 07:14 PM)Sands Wrote: You'll learn a lot more that way than you ever would by escaping into a world where nothing ever goes wrong and you never have to work hard to get something. Start handling the problems you got instead of dreaming you could just get forever avoid them, you lazy mooches.

That still didn't answer the question: what is the inherent value in facing your problems rather than escaping them, working hard to get something, or even learning more, if there is an easier way to happiness?

All I hear is that "it's pathetic", but not why it is so, or why is it bad even if it's pathetic. It sounds more like a set of subjective culturally constructed values, rather than the objective analyzation of benefits towards one's happiness.

Of course this doesn't mean that one would disregard their tulpa's feelings. Conscience, after all, prevents us from entering into the realm of Aynrandish mindset. For example, if this sort of escapism harms your tulpa, you would feel bad about it, and therefore the pursuit of the wonderland-escapism is analyzed to be unsuitable in the terms of happiness, and discarded. If working hard in the real life gives more pleasure than the escapism in the wonderland (or would give if the attainment of a certain real-life goal is vividly imagined), the latter is analyzed to be unsuitable in the terms of happiness, and discarded.
(05-09-2013, 07:42 PM)Kiahdaj Wrote: All of my this times 100000000
I couldn't possibly have said it better myself.

You people (stereotyping a bit here) just aren't realistic enough. You think about something, it sounds good, and so you try it. You don't think hard enough about the consequences, or the implications, you just do it. That's a good explanation as to why lots of you have tulpas in the first place.

All of this is a serious thing. And a lot of you have a lot of growing up to do. You should have grown up before even starting this, but that ship has sailed.
You need to think things through. Seriously. I don't mean you sit down one afternoon and think about whether or not you should switch. It should be something you think about, and talk seriously with your tulpa about for even weeks before you decide to do it permanently. It's childish to make such a decision over an hour of thought.
I guarantee most of you never considered the possibility of what Sands said in the first paragraph.

Not to mention switching permanently because you "hate the world", or because it's unfair, or because your situation isn't desirable, is so fucking pathetic I can't even begin to express it in words.
You deal with it.
You just fucking deal with it like everyone else does. And I mean everyone. You might think you have it bad, or that you're unhappy, but you don't even know what the meaning of unhappy is.
This is the world you were born into, whether you like it or not. And like Sands said, isn't it a little selfish to force another being into this "horrible" world, just to make you feel better? Not to mention forcing all the responsibilities of this world onto your tulpa, when they probably, again, have no idea what they're getting themselves into.

This world isn't here for you to be happy all the time, and for bad things to never happen. Bad things do happen. They always have, and they always will. And it's up to you, whether you take the bad things that life throws at you like a little bitch, or if you grow, mature, and learn from them. That's why there is suffering in the first place. So that you might learn, and better yourself.

You are being incredibly judgmental.

To be clear, I personally don't want to switch; it has little to no benefits for us, whether it be in fulfilling curiosity or otherwise, yet requires tons of practice.

Anyways, your entire argument is based around the assumption that everyone who wants to switch is practicing escapism. What about curiosity? Science isn't about why, it's about why not. The only why-nots I've seen so far were in Sands's first paragraph, the one you pointed out. I agree that it's definitely a legitimate concern, but can also easily a concern without any switching involved.

Then there's the argument about being "all alone" to suffer your problems. Wtf? Isn't that a benefit of having a tulpa? Switching means the host helps the tulpa, so in some cases it might even be not only driven by curiosity, but also practicality. For example, a host could be more effective in a supportive role than the tulpa.

The assumption of immaturity... wow. Really? It takes a considerate tulpa to agree to something like this, and in my opinion it takes a lot of maturity to have a considerate tulpa. I know this opinion is subject to a ridiculous amount of variation, but that's just my perspective.
The reason it seems like I'm assuming everyone who wants to switch does it for the purpose of escapism is because I'm talking to those that do.
If you read the rest of my posts here, you would know that I'm not against switching in general. OR escapism.

And I am not assuming their immaturity. I see it every day.
"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."
Sorry, I could've sworn I read this topic through at some point.

I agree that there are definitely people here who are really immature. I also think that there are people here who are not what they seem. They might even have valid reasons for escapism that none of us have thought of.

But escapism as a whole? Yeah, I'd definitely avoid it.
Glad we're on the same page.

The reason I got so hot and bothered, is because there is little that annoys me more than people being weak, and trying to run away from everything.
"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."
Sorry, Kiahdaj. I'll get to work soon...
the part about the insts-tulpas sacres me. my tulpa started to make individual talking (without me thinking about anything) after one week of forcing. I beleive in her, but i don't want to give up or have paranoia issues in the future. That's why i made my own PR tho so i should be ok with me and Alexandra.
hey i am a human host. my tulpa is Alexandra and she talks in pink  we like to answer questions so don't be shy Smile
This is a very old thread. It is safe to say some of the ideas here are outdated.

Insta-tulpas are indeed a worry. But more because they often don't have as much going on in their heads as it looks like, and they can sometimes just vanish. Sticking with regular forcing fixes this problem over time.

Modern tulpamancy produces vocal tulpas sooner. One week voice is normal these days.
Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.
(02-24-2017, 02:29 AM)tulpa001 Wrote: This is a very old thread. It is safe to say some of the ideas here are outdated.

Insta-tulpas are indeed a worry. But more because they often don't have as much going on in their heads as it looks like, and they can sometimes just vanish. Sticking with regular forcing fixes this problem over time.

Modern tulpamancy produces vocal tulpas sooner. One week voice is normal these days.

i imagine that old tulpamancy was very strict or a very different procedure than modern. for me, tulpamancy is very easy and straightforward to understand and to do.
hey i am a human host. my tulpa is Alexandra and she talks in pink  we like to answer questions so don't be shy Smile