I need your comments on the board layout.

Pleeb

Can we get YouTube embedding? And maybe spoiler tags?

I'll see if I can add something like that in; no promises, though.

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I remember someone saying something about not being able to delete posts.

EDIT:

Also, I have participated in another forum with a similar layout, and having the new/unread posts link was a huge boon for me. Clicking the link here, it sys that this feature is disabled. Could you enable it?

[Note: Opinions]

I think I remember someone saying something about not being able to delete posts.

Oh yeah, I think that might have been me, but then the post was deleted. I take it that means only admins can delete posts? Can something be done to change that, Pleeb?

Oh yeah' date=' I think that might have been me, but then the post was deleted. I take it that means only admins can delete posts? Can something be done to change that, Pleeb?[/quote']

Okay, it should allow it now.

EDIT:

Also, I have participated in another forum with a similar layout, and having the new/unread posts link was a huge boon for me.  Clicking the link here, it sys that this feature is disabled.  Could you enable it?

In regards to the new/unread posts, it (or a version of it) should be working now.

Spoiler

New thing. When clicking the "Posted" label above any post, it provides one with a link to that post, similar to the "No." link on 4chan. I also noticed that quotes don't have this feature. I'd like to be able to click the quote bar and be positioned so I can read the original post, like how quote links work on 4chan and other forums.

New thing. When clicking the \"Posted\" label above any post' date=' it provides one with a link to that post, similar to the \"No.\" link on 4chan. I also noticed that quotes don't have this feature. I'd like to be able to click the quote bar and be positioned so I can read the original post, like how quote links work on 4chan and other forums.[/quote']

I've never seen the "No." on 4chan, could you post a screenshot? When you click "Posted," it's supposed to have a popup box where you can select the link.

I'll look into the quotes.

Spoiler

Anonymous 05/09/12(Wed)21:33 No.10053491

File: 1336613614.jpg-(218 KB, 450x1885, 33.jpg)

You click on the number to cite the post.

The number goes with a >> into your text box.

Sound familiar?

"Posted" works, I just wanted to make a complete stand-alone post, withoug assuming stuff.

About the 4chan thing, see this:

Anonymous 05/09/12(Wed)22:07:58 No.2397740

Clicking the "No." Links you to "boards.4chan.org/[board]/res/[OP post]#2397740"

Since you own the website, I'm sure you're familiar with this notation or whatever it is. If you bookmarked the page and went to it later, you would arrive on that page at that post.

Like this: would bring you to whatever was labeled "entry22003339" somewhere in the page's code.

\"Posted\" works, I just wanted to make a complete stand-alone post, withoug assuming stuff.

About the 4chan thing, see this:

Clicking the \"No.\" Links you to \"boards.4chan.org/[board]/res/[OP post]#2397740\"

Since you own the website, I'm sure you're familiar with this notation or whatever it is. If you bookmarked the page and went to it later, you would arrive on that page at that post.

Like this: would bring you to whatever was labeled \"entry22003339\" somewhere in the page's code.

Yeah, I know what you mean now, with the "No." on 4chan.

I'm not sure if this software supports clickable quoteboxes, I'll snoop around and see if it does, though.

Spoiler