Progress Reports Rule Changes

Kiahdaj

Guest Anonymous

Was that the generic 'you', or 'you' as in me? My gut says the former, but I figured it would be good to double-check.

Generic

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In-depth descriptions of what happened in your wonderland. More often than not, it's best kept to yourself

Out of curiosity, what's the rationale behind this? And what if there's overlap between what's okay and not okay to post, like you and your tulpa are chilling in your wonderland, when you notice that your tulpa made progress in something?

Guest Anonymous

Out of curiosity, what's the rationale behind this? And what if there's overlap between what's okay and not okay to post, like you and your tulpa are chilling in your wonderland, when you notice that your tulpa made progress in something?

The sign says no blogging. NO BLOGGING! Now take your happy skippy wonderland stories and go home. Unless, unless you want to blog in the lounge like Mistgod! Wait, wait... no, scratch that. That is attention whore shit posting.

Sorry, you're outta luck. No interesting creative writing allowed. No thinking either. Follow the guides and shut up. No being different, or thinking out of the box, that is being a special snowflake.

Oh wait this was more of that abrasive, reactive writing wasn't it? Damn it! Ignore me. Nothing happening here. I blame Melian.

Lumi: It's because we've had people who only questionably wrote about their tulpas' development, and moreso made their PRs a work of fiction. You're unlikely to get called out on this rule unless you're being a serious problem. Just don't write ten consecutive posts about you and your tulpas' adventures in Oz in your PR. Really, at that point, you should be using a different site. Wonderland adventures should only be shared if something important happened in them, or if having one in the first place was important.

I don't see any problem with creating a Lounge thread for specifically posting your wonderland adventures.

Hi guys, plain text is just me now! We've each got our own accounts: me, Tewi, Flandre, and Lucilyn. We're Luminesce's tulpas.

Here's our "Ask Thread", and here's our Progress Report (You should be able to see all of our accounts on the second page if you want)

Guest Anonymous

I don't see any problem with creating a Lounge thread for specifically posting your wonderland adventures.

If you do, ignore those who call it attention seeking and bloggy. They are full of shit.

To be fair i think there are still quite some active progress reports which are drowning in wonderland adventures, or some even have nothing else. Technically they should be taken down for violating that specific rule, or seperated from the regulated progress reports. Welp, nobody really does anything about that, some even post there how amazing and inspiring said progress reports are (if they're written in a good way).

Personally I think PRs like this are lacking usefull information in general, and are therefore like 80% junk regulary, atleast if you want to get some insights and scientific log of how the development of their tulpa went. They may be entertaining, but useless in a lot of ways. Some users, especially the newer ones like to differ on this. My main concern would be that they lose the real focus of tulpamancy, but I don't think that much are really affected by it.

So what are we doing with this? We could keep the rule and create a subsection for bloggy wonderland adventures, or we get rid of the rule since nobody feels like forcing them anyway.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

Lumi: The original plan was to have PRs be strictly for reporting progress and development, and to optionally have a thread in Lounge for other off-topic stuff. But people got all huffy about the rule as if it were the end of the world (Cinema even left because of it), and I'm pretty sure Mistgod was the only one to even make said Lounge thread for himself. The rule was never actually enforced, and besides make some people leave it didn't really affect anything.

The Staff rejected the idea of having a subsection for personal/off-topic threads, saying they wouldn't encourage that type of posting and suggested a blog site instead. And since no one is doing either of those things, literally nothing has changed. Except, again, a few people left.

I gave my suggestion a while ago: create a sub-section of Progress Reports for the more frivolous threads including "blogging", wonderland adventures, dreams, fun stuff they did with their tulpas, etc. Which would mean the actual PR threads would be more focused on actual development, realizations, asking questions, and generally being on-topic.

But that's probably a horrible idea what am I thinking. Send everyone to Tumblr instead.

Hi guys, plain text is just me now! We've each got our own accounts: me, Tewi, Flandre, and Lucilyn. We're Luminesce's tulpas.

Here's our "Ask Thread", and here's our Progress Report (You should be able to see all of our accounts on the second page if you want)

Guest Anonymous

Anderson was using the lounge for a blog for his tulpa, but pulled it down and unregistered his tulpa's account because there were those crying it was blogging in the lounge and attention seeking. I am sick of that label being thrown around. The people who cry attention seeking the loudest... never post a damn thing.

I am keeping my Dreams thread and my Melian Musings thread in the Lounge. If people want to read them and respond (and many do) they can do that. If they don't want to read them, they can shudder at the evils of Mistgod-Melian attention whoring and then ignore them.

I am not leaving for Tumblr or staying silent about my personal experiences with a thoughtform.

EDIT: I would love Lumi's idea to happen. That would be great. Or, even simpler and better, members can stop worrying about blog like threads in the off-topic lounge. It isn't hurting a thing for them to be there in my opinion.

To be frank, I wanna read about other people who have their well fleshed-out wonderlands in some sort of novel form. *squints at Glitchthe3rd*

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033