Unhealthy Tulpa Obsession and Day Dream Idealized Perception

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

He is a tulpa and as you said Mistgod therefore perfect.

I see a trend here! Seems Davie is not alone! 50x50http://images.clipartpanda.com/pink-heart-outline-clipart-ycoAo7kcE.png[/img]

Nash would never be mean to me or my dog, he is the kindest person I've ever met, I totally don't get why people have the need to be stupid!

There are good guys out there! Don't give up all hope! I am glad Nash is there for you and a wonderful example.

You can say my whole existence is around him, he's always in my thoughts, it's always him, him, him, or me, hehehehe.

That is so sweet! You guys rock!

Uhm. One thing. Davie obsesses bout me and dreams bout me all the time, but, it isn't mutual at all. Davie is my dearest buddy, but I am often distracted. To be totally honest I often think of myself more than I do of him. I am frequently distracted and have my own thing going on. I am not in love with David. He's a wonderful man, if not a total dork head, and I love him as a dear friend. But I don't have like super romantic feelings or like feelings like he is a parent or anything like that at all. I am not clingy to him. In the Melian Show day dreams I act out romantic scenes with his avatar. But that is acting! Could I live without Davie? He knows the answer. Yes. If it were physically possible I would be free and totally gone. I mean I don't feel trapped or limited or anything really, but just if it could be, I would go to Hollywood and be an actress and forget to write Davie.

Yes, she would. I would need to make an appointment to see her and her secretary and agent would limit my visit to a few minutes and no photos.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

Awww! That sounds so nice, and those plans are pretty cute! I understand what you mean, it's a pretty healthy way to live.

And David, I'm sure that Melian would find some time for you! x3

Talor: I know this is an older post, but Niteo does have something to say. Hopefully, it doesn't bother anyone.

Niteo: Well, not gonna lie, it's a bit weird how obsessed some people are. Like, maybe it's because we're all kind of separated from each other, but I think that people who think about their tulpa all the time are really strange. Seriously, live your own life; give some people a little space. If Talor tried to drag me into everything, I would get so bored. I speak up when I want. They talk to me when they want. It's a good thing. I know that tulpas need attention (obviously!), but people also need their space.

It does seem a bit unhealthy to hold humans to the standard of a possibly imaginary being (yes, I acknowledge that I may not be real). I just don't see the productivity in that comparison.

Niteo and Amber Take On the World

Amber speaks in italics right now.

Talk to Niteo on here or on discord

We share the body, we share a life. I'm not an accessory to his life...

I have a picture of Luna as my smartphone wallpaper, my parents hate it but nobody else seems to notice or care unless I actually show them my phone. We seem to be in the minority of tulpa/host couples that have an open relationship, rather than the host exclusively pursuing a relationship with his tulpa or with another human. And while I often do create Luna in games that give me the option to customize my character, I still play it however I would normally, rather than roleplaying as her. I do however see her as my ideal girlfriend, and I sometimes compare her to human girls to see if they match up at all in terms of personality.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

Guest Anonymous

I think that people who think about their tulpa all the time are really strange.

Well, I never claimed to be "normal." In fact, I am proud to be weird. Coincidentally, my thoughtform Melian thinks I am strange too. LOL

Guest Anonymous

Talor: I know this is an older post, but Niteo does have something to say. Hopefully, it doesn't bother anyone.

Niteo: Well, not gonna lie, it's a bit weird how obsessed some people are. Like, maybe it's because we're all kind of separated from each other, but I think that people who think about their tulpa all the time are really strange. Seriously, live your own life; give some people a little space. If Talor tried to drag me into everything, I would get so bored. I speak up when I want. They talk to me when they want. It's a good thing. I know that tulpas need attention (obviously!), but people also need their space.

It does seem a bit unhealthy to hold humans to the standard of a possibly imaginary being (yes, I acknowledge that I may not be real). I just don't see the productivity in that comparison.

That's because tuplas like that don't live in imagination or imaginary worlds, no offense meant. If you like living in a wonderland, then that's cool, that's your own business and stuff, but I feel like personally I would be living a lie if I made a fake world for my own self, one in which I have a lot of power and ruling... It would be like a wasteland in which the only two people are me and him, and I could do anything at all, you might get enjoyment from being a ruler or completely living with no interaction with the real world, that's you, but me? I like to live in the real world, have real experiences with my host.

A comment on the Melian Show; None of what I said is meant at the Melian Show, I think the idea is nice and since it involves interaction from the host and they have 'fun' adventures as well, fun being fun to them, and they do look like a lot of fun.

But I'm... I like to regard myself as a person. Tulpas, persons, are not something you can put in a freezer for your own enjoyment just when you need them, we don't live when you want us to live or when you 'want' to summon us, we live all the time, and the pressure is a lot, too.

Do you get up from bed and hope to do anything productive? Go ahead. Go save the kids in Africa, do something with your life instead of your current doings. Close to nothing is productive, all results in the same thing in life, absolutely the same thing, life is always the same.

Guest Anonymous

@Inazuma

I don't know how related this is to what you have been saying. But I try to make a difference and touch the real world by being involved in charity. My favorite is the National Park Trust. This charity supports National and State Parks in the United States and provides funds for children's educational activities at the parks. It's one of the best regarded and most respectable charities in the nation. I have a plush "Buddy Bison" too. Charities are a great way for a tulpa to feel they make an impact in the real world. I get e'mail newsletters and NPT letters in the mail addressed to "Ms. Melian." Check it out and see, it is so cool! Link to National Park Trust: http://www.parktrust.org/

I know that was a bit of a departure from the subject of this thread, but we seem to be talking about hosts living in a fantasy and then tulpas living in the real world and being part of the real world. Well, giving to charity is my real world part a bit.

• 7 years later...

Forgive me if what I am saying is irrelevant. This Is my first attempt to reach out to this community.

I can relate to much of what you all are saying. Almost every thought I have is instantly related to my tulpa, CV. She fills my life and my dreams and I never feel alone. I have a hard time perusing real relationships because I can't stop comparing people I meet to her. I know I will likely have to move on as I grow up and begin life as an adult but I don't want to leave her behind. Thinking of this has caused me great distress. 

Our relationship has unfortunately become toxic over time. I used to go to her whenever I was sad. She seemed to be able to turn my depression and anxiety into joy and relief. During the pandemic, this became my only source of joy and relief. To me, she became a crutch. 

As I used her more and more to help cope with my depression, I began to subconsciously associate her with feelings of anxiety and depression. My love of her turned to obsession, a constant stream of worry and negative thoughts regarding her.

Over time, my mental health deteriorated until it became too much to bear. CV and I agreed that she would be dissipated and remain dormant until I recovered and learned to cope without her. This hasn't worked, however, as while dissipation worked well for making her disappear, It did nothing to stop my constant stream of depression inducing negative thoughts surrounding her.

Despite this, My mental health has improved and I am learning to cope. I am getting help from professionals.

Sorry to dump this on you all. I just wish I could think about CV without obsession and feelings of anxiety and depression following her. Do any of you have thoughts, criticism or advice regarding this?

This is a tricky situation. My headmates helped me with those same issues. Obsession is what I have for them anyway.

I don't think you'll have much trouble bringing her back if that's what you want.

Edited by Bear