Wonderland: first person vs. third person point of view

hej folks,

i'm at the beginning of my tulpa journey and try creating the wonderland. without thinking about whats wrong or right i was quickly able to dive vividly into my fantasyworld, also in the sense of realy diving, because the sea is part of it.

the thing is i always see myself in the third person point of view. now i read i should imagine it from the first person view. but when i force myself into this perception i lose contact with my imagination and got back in my body and reality or precisely: i switch between reality and fiction + first and third person.

today i had the thought that the person i see is not myself but my tulpa. on the other its me who got the feeling and the touch of my environment. then i imagined i watch my tulpa. after the thought i saw two person, one of them seemed to be me.

my questions:

is it important to see wonderland from first person point of view or can i go further with my third person perspective that is now way more vivid than the first person view.

should i start to train myself forcing to see wonderland through "my eyes"?

if so: how do i overcome this falling back into reality?

i know my english is strange, isnt it? i'm from germany and my language skills are f***ed up. sorry!

and i know its common to introduce oneself. but i need to have quick answers, so i can go further creating my wonderland and finally my tulpa. =8)

thank you!

with xo from berlin <3

I'm not sure how I can help you "see with your own eyes", but hopefully I can clear the air a bit...

I've found that a third-person perspective is extremely common - especially in this day and age. Think of all the movies/tv shows you watch. Think of all the third-person video games you might play or all the simulators you see. The event of mentally seeing things in third-person soon becomes a common phenomenon.

Here's another way of looking at it: I'm a writer (in progress, anyway). I have a hard time visualizing my story in the form of words and paragraghs. Because I watch WAY more tv and play WAY more video games than I do read, everytime I think of a particular scene I want to write I imagine it as a scene in a movie when it should be the scene in a narrative book!

This IS just a theory, but it may be that you're so used to seeing things in a third-person perspective that it just comes "naturally". Remember: your Wonderland is your own world. You can do anything you want with it! Want to make it a zero gravity zone? Go ahead!

Now, if you want it to be as real as possible (therefor realistic) than, yea, you probably want to work on first person viewing. If that's not really what you're looking for, then why bother? Wonderland is YOUR world - realistic or not. You can do WHATEVA' you want with it!

Hope I wasn't just blabbering uselessly and said something helpful. ;) Prost!

Third person is good for distancing yourself from something. Like if you're afraid of snakes, and you want to confront your fear of snakes in the wonderland, you might want to do it in third person -- at least at first.

First person is generally better for the wonderland. The best tip I've heard about the first person is look at your hands. When you first go into the wonderland, spend some time holding your hands in front of you and looking at them. That will help you to feel more rooted in your wonderland body.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

Guest Anonymous

Mistgod: I don't think it matters one wit whether it is third person or first person. But it is actually fun to be able to switch between different perspectives at will. Why do people worry about things like this anyway? Do what works. If it doesn't work, try something else.

EDIT: Sorry, I should never post when grump and irritable after working all day Saturday. I could have put this in a nicer way --> I think both perspectives have their merit and there is value in learning how to use both and to be able to switch between perspectives in the dream state. It works well for me and is very handy.

There. Sorry.

Melian: David is a butt head.

Have to agree with Mistgod.

I'm not even able to see in first person, it's very difficult for me, I'm using third person at all times cause it's easy.

If you really want to see in first person you will need to practice.

**Proud to be a drug free thoughtform!**

I've heard that it's best to see through first person POV, and that makes sense in a way, but if third person works best for YOU then you should go for it.

Personally I think that everyone should at least attempt doing it in first person first, but if it's just not their thing then they can go to third person.

James: Hello, all!

I usually do an over the shoulder type of perspective. A visual analogue can be found here:

However, I tend to shift to whatever perspective I feel like doing, and sometimes, it's interesting seeing things in new angles.

Oftentimes I find my viewpoint to be swishyswashy - I'll switch from a first person to a third person when doing a certain action, then suddenly bam, back to 1st. I generally just let it do what it wants, though I do try to make it prefer first person. But whatever works dude!

Hiya! Feel free to message me about anything you want!

------------

Host -

Name: King

Tulpa -

Name: Kalinga

Date of Creation: September 9th, 2015