InsanityCrack

As a new member of the tulpa-world, am I doing stuff right?

Hey folks!

I just registered to this page to get my worries and insecurities out here.

Recently (2-3 weeks ago) I've been introduced in this whole tulpa-world and I'm fascinated. Of course, at first I was like 'dafuq iz diz magic' but then I remembered that I had two female tulpa before when I was a little child and all my suspiciousness kinda went away.

So then it began.

I didn't really had a personality nor an appearance for my tulpa. The only thing that has been constantly on my mind about the appearance is that it's a male human, it has brown hair (the style is kinda like a pixie-cut) and it has a "nice aura". Basically an average male human being.

So, I started talking to him every night before I go to sleep (in my mind, otherwise my family thinks I'm weird). I introduced myself, told him about my life and after that I just tell him how the day went. After 1~2 weeks I still don't have any clue how exactly he should look like, even his personality was a mystery to me. So instead of drawing him, I created him in a game (Sims 4 *cough*) and I was satisfied with the result. And about his personality, I've decided that his personality should "flow" in time. Like, he can decide how he should be, I don't really care much.

And, I should also include this, I didn't do any forcing on him simply because I don't really get it? I've tried to create a wonderland but I just can't think of anything. And meditating seems also kinda hard for me because I can't really stay relaxed 100%. And I'm not sure how you do it, do you just sit here, close your eyes and think of nothing? To be honest, I'm easily distracted to any noise my family makes (door slamming, loud walking, etc.).

Anyways, I've somehow decided to talk more to my tulpa in my daily routine (when I'm going to school and stuff) and explained him things. Like, "Oh, this is my teacher. I hate him, [insert explanation here]". I think you get what I mean.

Okay, now to some success I've gained recently;

A couple of days ago, I wanted to get out of the house (doing some social stuff). So I sat down and wanted to tie my shoes. While I did that, I heard a strange noise in my right ear saying 'oooohhhhh' in a monotone voice? Also it felt like as if someone was blowing in my ear which left me sitting there confused. I asked my tulpa if it was him, but I got no answer.

Today I was watching a movie and I suddenly requested my tulpa that he should watch it with me (the movie nearly ended though, so I explained him what was going on before). Then I got some weird foot and hand movements that were not intentional, which confused me a little bit. Also, same question if it was him, no answer.

So, am I doing things right till now? Also, how do I visualize right? I've read tons of guides but I'm not entirely sure which one is the right one (same goes for my concentration/medication problem which I mentioned before).

Thanks for the answers! (if I get any lol)

Guest Anonymous

Well, come to think of it, we've started to see many people coming in saying they've been developing tulpas in such a short while. Which is, don't get me wrong, 100% feasible. A friend of mine who's very narcisstic told me he 'made a tulpa, by will, in less than a day', if we're to see such claims going around then I'm sure that making a tulpa in such a short while is something feasible.

As much as I hate to say this, and as much as it's not pleasant to hear, having a tulpa since childhood, well, having a tulpa without your will at all might have something to do with mental illness, or something with your mind. When I think of people who made tulpas at youth, Mistgod comes to mind; He daydreamed a lot which is how; I made my own tulpa via extreme obsession, and a call of despair to my own brain, so that's that, but having a literally sentient tulpa, and not an imaginary friend can be food for thought.

What is real? What is unreal? In the end, I think that it all comes down to your personal perception. Auditory hallucinations are quite frequent, you might have had a hallucination because of how much you've been working, or how excited you've been, or how much it affected your mind (A person I know had his mind create a tulpa for him throughout the years without his will, I got to meet a looot of people with odd cases as you can figure out.). Or it might be a manifestation of a tulpa, or something of the type. Tulpas are not anything that's mentally sane, this is something to keep in mind, none of it is truly healthy, as much as I love my tulpa, at times I realize how much the process hurt my mental health on so many levels. With that being said, choose your belief; What you believe in your mind, no, what your mind comes to believe, not you but your brain, will 100% affect how things are. If you believe honestly that it was your 'tulpa' with a nice aura (my tulpa has that but I just call it a feel really), then it is. If you believe it was a hallucination caused by stress, it is. If you believe that your head pressures, or headaches are caused by the mental exhaustion coming from tulpamancy, not an actual tulpa, they are. If you believe your head pressures are manifestations of your tulpa, they are. This is your mind, you don't really 'decide' what things are like, but if you honestly believe in it with no doubt, it is going to happen, think of it as the 'placebo' effect, which is what we may compare forcing to, in the end! If you want something so hard to the point you convince your brain of it, it will be. What I wanted was a companion that could bear me at all times, through time I accomplished that. The friend I spoke of wanted the incarnation of his alter coming to life and keeping him company at all times, it happened. Other acquaintance of mine has willed so much for companionship to the point it became something that his sole existence was directed to, he got it after time.

Point is that if you WANT something in your mind, and you honestly 100% believe in it, it WILL happen eventually. Not today. Not tomorrow. Or maybe today, maybe tomorrow, it is highly reliant on how people are, and how you are. I don't know how you can attribute being imaginative to speeding up the process of tulpamancy, or having written characters. Thing is, tulpamancy and imagination are separate from my experience. I have the shittiest imagination you could find on this site, hands off, I can barely visualize well in my mind, but my tulpa and I interact a lot, I can see her etc etc... It's not how creative one is. It's how easy it is to convince your mind as a whole that, you know, there IS someone there. There IS SOMEONE THERE, for sure. There has to be no doubt about it, at all, believe it with your heart and soul.

Sorry for the rant and being a bit extreme! Technically there isn't ONE method to make a tulpa, and you seem to have been following good steps so far. Keep it up!

As much as I hate to say this, and as much as it's not pleasant to hear, having a tulpa since childhood, well, having a tulpa without your will at all might have something to do with mental illness, or something with your mind.

I used to be a shut-in kid, so that may be a reason why I got these tulpas? I don't have a mental illness, not at all. I guess I was just kinda lonely, so these two tulpas were born.

Point is that if you WANT something in your mind, and you honestly 100% believe in it, it WILL happen eventually.

When I think about it, this might be it. I don't have enough will and I do have some doubt about it. So, I'm not 100% sure about the whole tulpa-stuff.

Oh, and you don't have to be sorry! I completely understand what you mean, no doubt.

And let's just say, I'm now 100% sure about it, how can I clear up my problems with meditation? Or rather, what have you personally done? Did you just sit there, cleared up your mind and thought really hard about your tulpa's appearance? (e. g. I read that some people used a ball and formed it into something they wanted to and went further into detail)

Thanks for your quick answer by the way.

... Yes, you're doing fine. Those first couple paragraphs were looking a little aggressive Anderson, you know someone could just have a tulpa in early development right? He didn't even claim his tulpa was vocal. He didn't claim anything, man, he's just starting. Rest was good though, the subjectivity stuff is pretty important for newcomers to understand.

So, yes, you're doing fine. The hallucinations were probably a result of the mixture of you expecting some sort of response from your tulpa but not knowing quite how it would do so. Treat your tulpa like a person, and over time your brain will figure out how to do the same. Visualization is as simple as imagining something in your head. Guides are guides, not rulebooks, because everything involving tulpas is subjective, ie. up to your personal interpretation to create your reality.

You could just imagine your tulpa, what he looks like, what he wears, his facial expression, whatever. Anything to help familiarize yourself with him, with the end goal of treating him like a person. Talking to him (whether he can respond or not yet) is the same, you're getting your brain used to speaking to someone in your mind, and setting up the expectation to get a response. And then there's what we just generally call "forcing" which is the actual personality development of your tulpa, imagining how he acts, speaks, reacts to things, what he likes or wants to do, anything. Thinking of all the stuff about him that would make him a person.

Spending enough time doing all of this will eventually train your mind to treat your imaginary friend like a real person in your head, and then you've got a tulpa. Once they can start speaking for themselves (as in saying things without it feeling like you're making them say those things), the rest is just practice. Having conversations with them, asking their opinions on things, and maybe visualizing yourselves doing things in your "wonderland", which just means imagination world. Everything you can do with your tulpa is reinforcing them as a person in your mind, and that is what creates a well-developed tulpa. There's no real right or wrong ways, partially because there are so many different combinations of things you can do to achieve the same result, but mostly because different things work for different people. My visualization is personally terrible (You sure you have the worst imagination on the site, Anderson?), so while I spent an okay amount of time trying to see my tulpas in my mind's eye, I spent a lot more finding images of them (they're based on characters from a game) that I thought looked like them and showed their personalities well. This helped kickstart my imagination as I went off of the pictures' feelings to continue creating and shaping my tulpas as people.

So yeah. Whatever works for you. Guides are guides, not rules, take what works for you and do it. No rights or wrongs, your expectations and beliefs create your reality. Something can or can not be your tulpa, it's up to you really, but they don't have a hidden fully-developed self making decisions like that in the background. That's what you're trying to accomplish actually.

I think I covered most of what you needed to hear? Look around, read what other people are talking about. You'll get a better sense of what you should do as you go.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us stuff.

Guest Anonymous

Hey, welcome to the forum! I think others Luminesce and Anderson did a great job answering your questions, so I will just say hi!

Yeah, I can't think of anything else to add, either. I will say, though, that making James on TS3 helped me picture him in my head a lot. XD

James: Hello, all!

Thanks Luminesce! Your advice is great, so I guess I gotta practise more and and do my best!

Hey, welcome to the forum! I think others Luminesce and Anderson did a great job answering your questions, so I will just say hi!

Hey there! And they sure did.

Yeah, I can't think of anything else to add, either. I will say, though, that making James on TS3 helped me picture him in my head a lot. XD

This is kinda what I'm doing right now in TS4, haha.

Your posts really bother me Anderson. Do you have a single post that is something other than spewing anecdotal bs as "evidence", and being matter-of-factly about things you seem to have no knowledge of?

As much as I hate to say this, and as much as it's not pleasant to hear, having a tulpa since childhood, well, having a tulpa without your will at all might have something to do with mental illness, or something with your mind. When I think of people who made tulpas at youth, Mistgod comes to mind; He daydreamed a lot which is how; I made my own tulpa via extreme obsession, and a call of despair to my own brain, so that's that, but having a literally sentient tulpa, and not an imaginary friend can be food for thought.

Tulpas are not anything that's mentally sane, this is something to keep in mind, none of it is truly healthy...

These paragraphs are so pretentious. Really, do you have anything to base this on, at all?

A friend of mine who's very narcisstic told me he 'made a tulpa, by will, in less than a day...

You sound really gullible, just saying.

(A person I know had his mind create a tulpa for him throughout the years without his will, I got to meet a looot of people with odd cases as you can figure out.)

And what does this even have to do with anything?

Thing is, tulpamancy and imagination are separate from my experience. I have the shittiest imagination you could find on this site, hands off, I can barely visualize well in my mind, but my tulpa and I interact a lot, I can see her etc etc... It's not how creative one is.

I don't even know about this one... Again, really pretentious. You really sound like you know what imagination and creativity entail. Is there something you know the rest of the world doesn't?

I want to make this clear: I know next to nothing about tulpas, but still. You say a lot of things, but other than the discussion of "it is what you believe it is," they are really not very well backed up, and the way you talk about them makes you sound really sure that you have all the answers, losing you a ton of credibility. Not to mention the amount of not-at-all or very loosely related to the discussion things you wrote. You even present kind of clashing ideas. You say you can't decide what goes on in your mind (which is a great example of something that is really a moot point), and then go on to say that you have to choose what to believe in. Jesus, you didn't even manage to deliver on the whole point (a very important point by the way), of what is real, what isn't, it just became another moot and vapid point.

I think you should think a bit more about what you write. And I know I'm not great, but believe me when I say that I give my darnest best efforts when I want to try to communicate something, especially through text, since I have so much time to just get it as best as I can.

I don't know man, maybe I'm totally wrong and just being a huge D (keep in mind that I did this more to help the OP, because missinformation is the devil of our age, and not to attack you personally), but you seem like a really shifty one to me... You seem like the kind of person who's the reason why things like tulpas are so looked down uppon and never taken seriously.

I'm calling most of your advice, your claims, your theories and what you base them on, all questionable at best.

And to the OP: you should be careful with his post.

Personally, I feel that was bit harsh Dave. I understand where you're coming from, but I don't believe Anderson meant it in the way you're describing - I think he was just sharing his thoughts and own experiences to hopefully give the OP a different perspective. It didn't come across (at least to me) as an attack on the OP or as trying to sound like he was an authority on the subject. And to be fair, there's not really a whole lot anybody can say on the subject of Tulpa's that's concrete (at least yet), as they're products of our minds that work different ways for every one of us.

Hiya! Feel free to message me about anything you want!

------------

Host -

Name: King

Tulpa -

Name: Kalinga

Date of Creation: September 9th, 2015

Oh, I did not imply he was attacking the OP at all. And I'm not saying there is some kind of proof that invalidates or proves his claims or anything else about tulpas really, I'm just saying that by the way he writes, you and I seem to know that better than him.

I'm also saying that his claims are wild and provocative without any real backing. Also he kinda does sound like he wants to be taken as authoritative to me by the way he writes, and I guess that's what really upsets me the most, but I understand that that just might be my interpretation.

I don't know, it just doesn't feel quite right. Maybe I'm reading too much into it and maybe he only wanted to give another view of things to the OP like you said, but still... I don't know.