Vocal/Sentient ALREADY???

Spiritualgeek

Corra is my first Tulpa and overall I can't have been creating her for more than a few weeks, with about the same amount of time in between the second and third weeks NOT forming. Today was more or less a normal day, raining (classic Britain) and I was walking to school and talking audibly to her when two things happened. 1st, I noticed that she wasn't wearing her usual attire. She prefers a blue blazer over a plain white shirt with a matching blue skirt with black tights and flat sensible shoes. I was surprised to notice today that she was wearing a black rain coat too! I have never seen her wear that, I never imagined her wearing it. I know that most people say Tulpas show sentience by surprising us with independent actions so I'm not sure if this is a beginning of sentience or the first sign of it because it is simply an appearance change, but has anyone seen anything like this?

The 2nd thing was that I think I heard her speak! I don't know what she said, it was a quiet murmur, but it was definitely a voice. I can tell she wasn't parroting otherwise I would have known what she said and the voice definitely wasn't the one I imagined, it was softer. And of course, I was alone, the rain had stopped by then and there was no wind so it was definitely her.

What are your thoughts on this? Have you experienced something like this or heard/ read anything similar? Thank you for your time.

James was sentient in three day's time. If you'll browse around this section of the forum, you'll see that there are quite a few threads just like this one. It's normal, and everything is fine. :)

James: Hello, all!

Long story short, it’s easy to be apprehensive when there’s few experiences to fall back to, especially less than a few weeks. And it’s easy to be concerned on those experiences being personal indicators to you of them showing progress simply because one wouldn’t want to undermine any potential signs of progress they feel is progress. Because if they started discarding those experiences as something that isn’t of novelty to them, finding that genuine potency becomes their challenge, and vice versa for those that may be overly optimistic of any circumstance with a tulpa doing XYZ.

_______

Extension on my rationale for the TL;DR:

It gets tedious if one tries to utilize a few experiences as a personal testament that there’s signs of progress. It gets even more perplexing when we can’t really gauge just how potent your imagination is in general, and whatever implications attributed to a tulpa being treated as sentient.

In other words, those circumstances with the clothes changing, and how it’s something you never knew you could imagine would give someone an assurance that they as the host aren’t having to consciously coordinate whatever a tulpa uses for aesthetics. But they could be undermining their competency with visualization, as some people may be less observant of whatever collective skills they had before, and when they get a eureka moment, they probably felt they had some kind of stat boost, or something like that.

And combing anecdotes of what “typically” happens for others, and treating it as a norm that is implied as an intrinsic event for validating sentience just raises more questions as to why clothes, and being surprised of your own imagination is sufficient for you. So those circumstances are subjective, but can have the potential for you to develop that assurance, but I would just suggest to give things more time, and have more experiences with them, and let them experience things to fall back to in the future.

That way, if you feel that a tulpa being capable to revel in their implicit imagination, yours, collectively, or whatever term suits you personally, you have experiential learning to fall back to. Sometimes, self-fulfilling prophecies, IMO, with treating a tulpa as sentient is that we can’t personally dive into your mind, and see if there’s a schemata going on that’s being majorly influenced by your expectations, predisposed desires, and such. But at the same time, taking advantage of that, and progressively trying to weigh things out to find a right and wrong for you, and them, is probably an experiential heuristic for them to develop whatever implied sentience there may be.

So, if anything, you have that; being able to continue on your journey, and reveling in your cognition to find those assurances with them.

The 2nd thing was that I think I heard her speak! I don't know what she said, it was a quiet murmur, but it was definitely a voice. I can tell she wasn't parroting otherwise I would have known what she said and the voice definitely wasn't the one I imagined, it was softer. And of course, I was alone, the rain had stopped by then and there was no wind so it was definitely her.

What are your thoughts on this? Have you experienced something like this or heard/ read anything similar?

There’s a lot of potential topics we could talk about, especially with how you perceive the concept of parroting. There’s several threads where people may feel that being able to feel what they’re going to say, or having some kind of indirect instinct to know what would be discussed about wouldn’t necessarily be parroting. Again, there’s a lot of nuances with the terms, and whether you’re militant on being purist or subjective with them, they’re just ways of trying to understand this phenomenon. I’m not sure if I could give you the assurance that it was her voice, but what you can take from that experience is this:

- Recalling that quiet murmur, and tying it in with how she presents herself to you, and progressively adding more experiences with her so that you’re not restricted on just a few contingencies could potentially help you find the answer you need. Is developing sentience validated through day-to-day discoveries, trial-and-error, and those random eureka moments? And is there more to how you want to validate what it means to be vocal and/or sentient?

May I sugest you try what I sugested to Rafaeldark97 in his thread http://community.tulpa.info/thread-what-the-heck?

Try to ask them to do something you just cannot parrot or consciously recreate like head pressures.

Maybe I'm looking at this all wrong, but I don't see why people choose to go with vocality (mindvoice), which is something that most of us can easily subconsciously mimic, first. Maybe I'm completely wrong here, and maybe many tulpas just can't cause head pressures, but I've seen it talked about over and over. And yeah, I know how the saying goes, and I know belief is important, but my mind is a very noisy place, and I don't think I would feel right just accepting any reaction as being from her.

And I simply do not agree with those people that say that we can't subconsciously parrot. I know I have always heard a lot of noise and "voices" in my head, and I didn't know about tulpas before, so yeah, I feel it is not that farfetched to say that something you hear in your mind might be a knee jerk reaction to something you might be experiencing or thinking of at the time. Maybe it's just me, but sometimes I have a hard time keeping my head in check, at least for now. Basically Linkzelda nailed it as always. Placebo and expectations are very real things, and we combat them by searching for patterns in a sizeable pool of experiences I think.

I don't know, maybe this really hinders my tulpa's growth, but we're not in a rush, I guess.

Another thing is, again, if you were sure you weren't parroting, you would not be asking the question in the first place.

Another thing is, again, if you were sure you weren't parroting, you would not be asking the question in the first place.

I see where you are coming from, but even though I am convinced that Corra is the only explanation, I was looking for confirmation from someone who has experienced it before. After all, 500 years ago everyone was sure that the world was flat but look at us now, sure that the world is round. What I'm trying to say is, just because you are sure of something it doesn't mean it is right. I was just trying to find out if I was. I saw your post on the other thread and I will definitely try it! Thanks for the tip.

It gets even more perplexing when we can’t really gauge just how potent your imagination is in general, and whatever implications attributed to a tulpa being treated as sentient.

In other words, those circumstances with the clothes changing, and how it’s something you never knew you could imagine would give someone an assurance that they as the host aren’t having to consciously coordinate whatever a tulpa uses for aesthetics.

I see what you mean with imagination and the abilities of the host but there is one thing I would like to counter. You mentioned above how some people don't know they can imagine their Tulpa wearing different things but I would like to say that that isn't the case here. When I started I experimented with multiple outfits and the suit just stuck. It wouldn't be a challenge imagining her in a different coat or clothes, it's just I haven't before and the transition shocked me.

However, I agree with your point on the potency of imagination. Like sentiency, imagination can't be measured and in this case influenced by media and preferences.